Sign in to follow this  
Legostein

Plo Koon's Jedi Starfighter ("medium-sized")

gallery_6705_156_158.png

gallery_101_23_281.gif

Hello everybody!

Today I'd like to present a different version of Plo Koon's Jedi Starfighter to you. As many of you might know, Plo Koon flies a blue/white Delta-7B Aethersprite-class Light Interceptor, named "Blade of Dorin". An official LEGO® set has been released last year (set 8093).

Seven years earlier, LEGO® released a completely different set of the "Designers" line, set 4098 High Flyers, which many of you might own already. :classic:

4098-plo-koon-fighter-0.jpg

What I did not realise until recently is that you can build a pretty nice Plo Koon Jedi Starfighter only using bricks from set 4098! :classic: Although it's smaller than the LEGO® version it can even seat a minifigure to pilot it. I am sorry that there was no appropriate option for adding an astromech droid, but all other essential details should be there. :classic:

4098-plo-koon-fighter-1.jpg

4098-plo-koon-fighter-2.jpg

4098-plo-koon-fighter-4.jpg

4098-plo-koon-fighter-5.jpg

That's it for today. Instruction link (if wanted) will be added once BrickShelf updated. Thank you for stepping by and enjoy your sunday! :classic:

~ Christopher

Edited by Legostein
CREATOR Alts index

Very nice Chris! The blue and white color of the 4098 set does scream 'Blade of Dorin' right from the very first glance. As always the way you effectively utilized the pieces to come up with this alternate build is really impressive. :thumbup:

Haha, this is awesome. Just get a used copy of this off of BL for $5, a cockpit and the figures needed, and you have a Plo Koon JSF for less than half the price of the real set :laugh::thumbup:

And another fantastic alternate-build by Legostein !

You might try to make another Starfighter, but smaller, and using the other windscreen showed on the box. The 2x2 slope I mean. Or maybe that's a bad idea; you're the expert. :wink:

Perfect Legostein, the way you can make these brilliant looking SW ships out of non SW Sets is amazing.

Amazing alternative as always, Legostein! This deserves to be...

gallery_5203_163_10909.png

Hello everyone!

Thank you for all your nice comments (and the blogging)! :classic:

I am glad you also enjoy my small alternatives side project. :classic:

Cheers,

~ Chris

Great work Chris! Your alternative creations never cease to amaze me :wub:

Indexed in Special Themes!

gallery_6705_156_158.png