marshal_banana

WW Category 2: 1908 Wild West Town

Supporter's choice  

282 members have voted

1. 1. Which building should be implemented first?

LEGO have commented on Cuusoo and said that as the request is asking for a number of products to be made, the creator should pick one initial product and start there.

People suggested the Saloon as the best place to start but I pointed out that TLG may not be willing to make a Saloon as a product given the negative associations.

I suggested either a railway station and train (the one thing TLG never released in the last release of Western) or a bank/post office/stage coach as a good place to start.

Someone from LEGO said "no comment on the Saloon, how about a General Store?"

You realize this is meant for sets, not one.

Yeah, what I meant was with the current modular buildings lego have and other expensive sets my wallet wouldn't be able to take the strain, I'd love a new western theme as much as the next person but if these are as expensive as TLG's modulars then I think I'd have to have a good long hard think about which one to give up, for me my moods change all the time, I could be into city for a few weeks then switch over to historical/fantasy, to sci fi, etc. I have voted though, I think as a nice big layout put all together is fab.

Thank you so much for your support on http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/1787 :sweet:

We got an official LEGO comment:

Congratulatory message from LEGO for +500 votes

2012/02/08

Congratulations on all of the support! This is an incredibly detailed and fun project.

A Western approach to the modular town series could very well become a hit.

Since you are proposing a series of products, keep in mind that we will only produce one for starters.

Can you show more detail of the one you think would be the best model to kick off a potential series?

Keep going for the supporters. Good luck on your journey to 10,000!

The LEGO CUUSOO Team

I'm going to start a poll. You supporters can choose which building should be the first for production, if we reach the magic 10,000! Have fun!

Thank you so much for your support on http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/1787 :sweet:

I'm going to start a poll. You supporters can choose which building should be the first for production, if we reach the magic 10,000! Have fun!

I voted for the sherrifs office + jail because I think this theme will also appeal very much to the younger crowd, and we know how much they love the police and firefighter sets.

Current modulars are mostly made for AFOLs and mostly used for displaying purposes. I think the open ended buildings that mb built give these sets much more playability than the current modulars where you always have to remove floors to be able to play.

Although I think all of the buildings are amazing, I voted for the Sherrif's office as well, mainly because I think its both the best of all the great buildings, and the most likely to be made in set form.

I think TLG may be hesitant to bring out a Gunstore and Saloon, considering their purpose...

Anyway, great job on all the support you are getting, its deserved :classic: (I supported you on Cuusoo as well, of course)

I voted for the central store. It's oozing with detail, clever parts usage, and rockin' cacti. The sheriff's office is a close second. As much as I'd love to see a saloon, I think it would be best to "win the judges over" with something a little less risque.

You beat me to the poll. I saw that comment last night and was going to suggest making the poll. Which building is the white one? I like that one most and will vote for it, but don't know which it is. :blush:

That was a tough call about what to vote for, but I eventually went for the Saloon, it's unique in the Lego world in terms of style (as far as I'm aware). Do you plan to put any of the vehicles in with any of the buildings? Would the carriage go with the post office?

Edited by hewman

As I also wrote in the comments on Cuusoo, I think it makes most sense to release this idea as an MMV (Medieval Market Village 10193) type set at hopefully equally great value for money. Two buildings and a stage coach would make a nice Western play set. :classic:

Although I think all of the buildings are amazing, I voted for the Sherrif's office as well, mainly because I think its both the best of all the great buildings, and the most likely to be made in set form.

I think TLG may be hesitant to bring out a Gunstore and Saloon, considering their purpose...

Anyway, great job on all the support you are getting, its deserved :classic: (I supported you on Cuusoo as well, of course)

I voted for Sherrif's, as much as I'd love to see the Saloon done, from what has been said TLG probably wouldn't do it, however the Gunstore, I think they would, there's been a load of sets and themes with guns in, I don't see why the Gunstore couldn't/shouldn't/wouldn't be done, but I don't think it's exciting (as in playability) as the Saloon or Sherrif's. Other builds that people have suggested like a train + station and bank would be good, also a bandit's den.

First, I voted for the Saloon. If I were living in an old west town in the 1800's, I would want a bar more than a sherrifs office. :laugh:

Second, alittle over 3,000 votes! We're almost a third of the way there.

Jamie

This wild west town is really staggering, I'm sure it will reach the needed 10k votes soon. It's sad that Lego discontinued its WW theme back in 1997 after only 2 years and never revived it. This makes me wish even more that Lego will pick up on this fantastic MOC and make it available to all of us.

And I also would like to see the saloon be the first building to be made by Lego, but seeing that they might have objections against it, I voted for the post office.

As an AFOL I'd like the saloon as the first building as I think it offers the most chances for playability... however I voted for the sheriff's office + jail as that also would have high playability and might be easier to get past LEGO review and might actually sell better to non-AFOLs.

However as Cuusoo voting is only open to those 13+ years old I don't understand the possible objection from LEGO... clearly this set would not be marketed for 6 year olds... (Has anyone ever seen an Old West movie without a saloon in it? Where will the brawls break out, where will the strangers go when they get to town, where will the sheriff go when he wants to get the town gossip? The role of the saloon in an old Western is to be a basically neutral meeting place where all sorts of characters can encounter each other. The barkeep can serve milk and the card game can be "Go Fish" in the LEGO version for all I care, but no Old West town would be without a saloon.)

My original vote was going to be for the Sheriff's office; It looks exactly like how I picture a jail in the early 1900's. The saloon was a close second. Once I got a good luck at the insides of the buildings though, I just fell in love with the piano on the second floor. I couldn't explain why if I wanted to, but that little detail was why I switched votes. (Of course, I'll pick up both of them in a heartbeat as soon as you've got the votes on Cuusoo :grin: )

Great designs all around, and good luck! It's really something seeing such a huge part of the community pulling together to get your project noticed.

This project has more than 50,000 views and only 3,089 supporters, how come :sceptic:

Well, it will take some time but we'll get to 10.000 votes, i can't wait.

One thing though, i noticed when you start supporting a certain project you are asked how much will you be ready to pay for this but the only currency you are able to select are USD and JPY. I'm from Europe so i'm wondering will any CUUSOO projects even be available here or what ? Does anyone know.

Wow, this is so amazing. All the details in the vehicles and the buildings are incredible. Wonderful job.

This project has more than 50,000 views and only 3,089 supporters, how come :sceptic:

Well, it will take some time but we'll get to 10.000 votes, i can't wait.

One thing though, i noticed when you start supporting a certain project you are asked how much will you be ready to pay for this but the only currency you are able to select are USD and JPY. I'm from Europe so i'm wondering will any CUUSOO projects even be available here or what ? Does anyone know.

I would think every time you look at the page, be it the 1st time or the 100th time, it counts as a page view where you can only vote once. I've looked at it at least 50 times to see the vote count, and probably lots of others.

Since CUUSOO is still in BETA, I tend to think if it takes off and they get some solid ideas, the eventual product should be made available world wide.

I voted for the Saloon, as it is a great choice to start with and it occupies a corner, just like the Corner Cafe.

Do each of your buidings in the Western Town require a 10,000 vote or is one 10,000 vote enough to guarantee that the entire set of five buildings will be made?

My vote went to the post office, as I think it has the best balance of and interesting outside build (mainly the cheese-slope work :wub:) and interior details.

I voted on CUSOO for this extraordinary MOC that should be sold by Lego as a set. I hope many of us will do the same as it would be excellent to have such one for sale. With four thousand people wanting it, Lego should already consider it.

I voted about two weeks ago, I remember having a real hard time trying to set up an account on the site, but eventually it worked!

Hope we can get this happening since I don't like the minekraft set all that much. :sick: