slovakiasteph

Slovak town

indexed.gif B-OV-19D

The flower shop! Had to add one of these as to me they're an important part of Slovak life; my friend works in one, and flowers are given for important occasions. I'm usually there for my birthday and will get a flower from at least one person. :classic:

lego_016.jpg

Well, it looks like it's snowing because of the white roof. It's not. It's just a white roof.

lego_018.jpg

The shop is run by an old guy who loves flowers. He's actually related to (father/grandfather) of the people who live on my farm... but you haven't met them yet. That's where he gets some of the flowers.

lego_024.jpg

Little apartment upstairs. The couch folds down into a bed... like a futon. In fact, he was so tired that he didn't even bother to pick up the pot on the floor. :laugh:

Thanks for looking!

indexed.gif B-OV-19E

The bookshop

131.jpg

I've really fallen in love with this one. I don't know if I can stand to ever take it apart. :cry_happy:

130.jpg

It's so small and yet detailed.

133.jpg

Actually, even though I love books, I think the bookshop is my least favorite floor... didn't really add enough to make it have much of a "feel." I have one bookshelf and a little display case... any ideas of anything else I could add in that small space? Or how I could change it up? I was thinking of tile floors, but that just seemed too clinical.

I'm especially in love with the upper floors...

135.jpg

The sink, counter, and hob on the left... with a little table and chairs. Orange couch with a lamp... ran out of white bricks, so it was "lighthouse" inspired. :wink: After looking at this again, I think I might move the white table legs to the middle... so people have room for their legs. Yes? No?

136.jpg

And, the attic room. It looks so cozy I want to live up here! A built-in dresser, desk and chair in the nook (with lamp), and a bed.

A really nice little bookshop 'slovakiasteph', they must sell a lot of coffee table books judging by the size of them ! :wink:

Cool looking sink and floor lamp ! :grin:

Keep them coming and Brick On 'slovakiasteph' ! :classic:

A really nice little bookshop 'slovakiasteph', they must sell a lot of coffee table books judging by the size of them ! :wink:

I should build a furniture store next, so people can buy coffee tables! :laugh:

I should build a furniture store next, so people can buy coffee tables! :laugh:

I will look forward to your next piece of work - don't forget sofas too....a mini Ikea ! :laugh:

indexed.gif B-RV-12A

I call this my "country house." It's a pretty large house, typical of what you'd find on the edge of town.

lego_057.jpg

It features a porch, carport, and some vegetation outside. There's also a large porch and smaller balcony upstairs.

lego_060.jpg

Ya know, each time I build a building, I think "this is my favorite so far!"-- until the next one, that is!

lego_065.jpg

The bottom floors... a living room complete with couch and small TV. I like all the windows and the entryway/stairwell as well.

The second floor holds a table with chairs and small kitchen. I might put a railing around the hole in the floor. Don't want any LEGO broken bones! :wink:

lego_062.jpg

Upstairs, the master suite: a bed with a unique headboard, chair and reading lamp, and chest with light.

Ya'll can put your arms down now, people. They must be getting tired. :laugh:

I would really love to live here.

ETA: here's the photo I used as inspiration for this house. I like my color scheme better, although I like their fancy work on the balconies. :classic:

lcdomfancy.jpg

Edited by Phred

indexed.gif B-OV-20A

Every town has to have a school, right?

151.jpg

I wanted it to look like the school where I teach in the summers:My link

It has a lime green bottom floor and yellow second story: they just re-did it in 2010, with new paint and roof!

Mine is probably a little long for LEGO scale, but still pretty short when compared to the original! I thought about putting in only two windows per side, but that wouldn't have looked right.

145.jpg

It's clearly a holiday as no one is there. :classic: Well, what do you expect when LEGO kids can't sit down? :laugh: The bottom right is the school cafeteria.

I don't know if it's common everywhere, but in our school (Zakladna skola on Vajanskeho in Lucenec), there are so many flowers and plants in the hallways!

Edited by Phred

Not bad 'slovakiasteph', only two little suggestions....blackboards and shelves with books and learning aids on them. :wink:

Still it's a great addition to your town.....keep going and Brick On 'slovakiasteph' ! :classic:

Not bad 'slovakiasteph', only two little suggestions....blackboards and shelves with books and learning aids on them. :wink:

Still it's a great addition to your town.....keep going and Brick On 'slovakiasteph' ! :classic:

Oh, good idea! I can do blackboards, at least! (not sure if there's room for shelves?) I might have to put them in the back of the room, though...

Your MOCs keep getting better and better, slovakiasteph! I like the furniture as well, especially the couches. And everyone has a flatscreen TV :oh::laugh: !

indexed.gif V-LV-53B

We interrupt our usually scheduled line of buildings to take a look at the vehicle situation in our town...

004.jpg

Apparently we have some sort of a copycat issue going on here. Or maybe there was a sale on small cars.

005.jpg

Well, the cars in Slovakia are typically smaller than American ones (what's a SUV?), so these are pretty accurate.

009.jpg

I just loved the design of the small car so much, I couldn't help myself. :blush: I think I'll put a dark grey or black roof and change the slope color on the red one, though, as that's just too much red.

Just read through the whole topic and I must say I love 'em all! :wub:

I like the open back concept, they all look very playable and the interiors are excellent.

The blue/tan country house is my favorite as well.

Any chance for a street shot? Can't wait to see more!

Nice car collection. I see you have a tow hitch on a couple of them. Do you have trailers in the works? :classic:

Just read through the whole topic and I must say I love 'em all! :wub:

I like the open back concept, they all look very playable and the interiors are excellent.

The blue/tan country house is my favorite as well.

Any chance for a street shot? Can't wait to see more!

I might get in a street shot at one point or another... I don't have sidewalks or streets or anything, though, :cry_sad: so I think that might defeat the purpose?

When I finish, at any rate, I'll take pictures of everything together.

Nice car collection. I see you have a tow hitch on a couple of them. Do you have trailers in the works? :classic:

I made a teardrop trailer a while ago and use another to pull one of the LEGO campers. I do have a campground in the works. :classic:

indexed.gif B-RV-12B

A little blue house... many Slovak houses along the road don't have the door facing the street, so this one attempts to show that.

159.jpg

A picture of the garden with a footpath winding through:

153.jpg

I think I need to scrounge up a few more flowers to add.

157.jpg

From the inside... I'm running out of bricks with side studs... can you tell? :tongue: We have a couch, chair, houseplant, and shelving unit with pottery.

Thanks for reading!

ETA: my inspiration photo:

lcmodrydom.jpg

Edited by Phred

Still great work 'slovakiasteph', I can see you are running out of bricks, etc., looks like you have to buy some more parts eh ? :wink:

Brick On ! :grin:

Very nice work 'slovakiasteph'. Your MOCs are excellent! You've sure seem to be very busy upsizing your town. Any chance of an over all shot of the town? Keep up the great work default_classic.gif

indexed.gif B-OV-20B

Time for some ice cream!

016.jpg

010.jpg

The bank is in the lower level of the building (the person on the right handles the exchanges... whoops, should've put her behind a glass screen), with the ice cream and sweet shop upstairs.

015.jpg

The attic just holds a bunch of junk. :tongue:

014.jpg

This is what happens, unfortunately, when the ice cream is upstairs...

018.jpg

Better not let your kids carry their own ice cream down the stairs. :cry_sad:

I'll try to get a full-town shot... the only place I have enough room for these is on the window ledge in my room, so it's nothing glamorous. No streets, sidewalks, or anything... just a row of buildings. So don't get your hopes up... :classic:

Some of finest work yet 'slovakiasteph' and it has a wonderful alpine feel to your ice cream shop.....keep them coming and Brick On Ice Cream On 'slovakiasteph' ! :classic:

indexed.gif B-RV-12C

I did promise some country-type homes, did I not? Picture this on the edge of the mountains...

lego_020.jpg

A view of the front garden, complete with grille and outdoor table set... although the garden is starting to be overgrown by the pine tree!

lego_022.jpg

Indoors, we have a fold-out couch (like a futon?) on the main floor, with table and chairs.

lego_027.jpg

In the basement you'll see the washing machine and a few storage containers.

Finally, upstairs there's a lounge chair and small bed under the eaves.

lego_029.jpg

lego_025.jpg

I was going to share my inspiration photo for this, but I don't know how/where to host pictures that aren't LEGO specifically. Not sure how to get flickr photos to work on here either...

ETA... I think I got it to work!

chata1.jpg

Edited by Phred