RoxYourBlox

Castlometry

Wow, these are incredible. How did you get the Octblock to stand up, the cell blocks(?) are at such an odd angle, I would have thought support was impossible. Many of them put me in the mind of Myst, with their puzzling designs and their exotic feel. My personal favorite is the Tetra Pyramid, regarding which I have a question. it looks as though you can remove sections of the TP, or at least the top. Does this mean that you can separate it into four smaller pyramids?

As an "unplanned builder" :laugh: , i am in awe of your designs, they are just amazing! The central tower in the "snow spire" is hypnotic, and I love the shapes in "bear mountain" as well. :thumbup: Can't wait to see the rest of your designs in brick too, though i have to agree with Angeli that the original design for "air isle" ought to be built somehow - it is superb. :thumbup:

Love the Kastle K and Snow Spire but I can't help but think that it looks nicer in LDD than in real life.

Now when will TLG release a UCS Castle

Kastle K and Snow Spire launched my project. When I approached my daughter about what she would like to see in a castle of her own, she gave me ideas for each room. I drew a blueprint with crayon and construction paper. When I asked her what she'd like me to design next, she said "a tower." I asked what shape; she said "pentagon," and so the rest followed. I later retrofitted her first castle to have the base of a square. I agree about a UCS Castle; I'd buy it!

Nope, do not scale down ;) wait if it is needed, but build this one ;)

A lot of imagination, construct cleverness and lego intelligence in your castles, my friend. I love it; it inspired me to start building with angles

Thank you! I may revisit the pentakisdodecahedron at a later time but not as a castle.

Wow, these are incredible. How did you get the Octblock to stand up, the cell blocks(?) are at such an odd angle, I would have thought support was impossible. Many of them put me in the mind of Myst, with their puzzling designs and their exotic feel. My personal favorite is the Tetra Pyramid, regarding which I have a question. it looks as though you can remove sections of the TP, or at least the top. Does this mean that you can separate it into four smaller pyramids?

Octblock is not yet built. I designed technic elements into the bases of the blocks to strengthen the structure. Downward weight (hopefully) will distribute between the technic elements and central platforms. And yes, the Tetra Pyramid can be separated into 4 modular pyramids. Surprisingly, you can pick it up with one hand at a bottom corner and another at the opposite joint. Its foundation is quite strong!

Edited by RoxYourBlox

As both an AFOL and an engineer, I find these castles absolutely awe inspiring. I don't build castles in general (I'm a Technic guy), but I'm finding a huge exception here. I am mesmerized by looking at them. In fact, I couldn't resist starting a series of renders, especially for that which will not be built!

pentakis1.jpg

Wow, I'm feeling guilty for not having order the pieces for that now! I have another idea, though, to be explored after my wallet recovers. :classic:

I've finished about 20 renders of these castles which can be seen on my Brickshelf account here. I've also made revolving animations of all of them here. I've placed a sample below to whet your appetite.

kastle_k.gif

The original post has been updated with photos to the last 4 castles. The files for castle numbers 2 and 6 were also edited with a few modifications.

My Flickr set is here

Edited by RoxYourBlox

Once again, this are some outstanding creations. Seeing them in real bricks - especially the Air Isle - is one of the most definite proves that there are next to no limits as to how unique and at the same time architecturally challenging one can build if only the imagination can keep up :thumbup: