DutchTreat

Sand Blue Green Grocer

Hi All,

After seeing cimddwc's Sandgreen Petshop , I was inspired to do the reverse trick on the green grocer.

So I turned (the front) of my existing Green Grocer into SandBlue. MOC-wise nothing fancy, but it looks pretty nice. Now i'll have to order 2 petshops :), and maybe some extra sandblue to change the rest of the building.

6116845810_8dd4a4af22_z_d.jpg

(Not the best photo(shop) job, but it gives you an impresseion)

Dutch

Edited by DutchTreat

Very nice, but two green grocers side-by-side.....fruit and vegie's war brewing I think ! :laugh:

The sand blue looks great and suits the building the same as the sand green. :wink:

Brick On 'DutchTreat' ! :grin:

I've been thinking about doing this as well. I really like the dark red color so I was thinking of doing that. Was going to use LDD and mess with the different color combinations and see what looked best. The sand blue looks very nice!!

Both look exquisite. I am still partial to the sand green, but sand blue is definitely growing on me.

I want to get some sand blue bricks, but they aren't the cheapest at our disposal.

Nice work, i sometimes like set even more when colors ar changed..!!!

Mooi gedaan...ziet er goed uit!!

Groeten, LegoSjaak

This is very nice.

You sold me on this... if there is enough sandblue elements when I get around to work on the 'Grocer, I will have to buy them.

The Sand Blue looks great.

Thanks for posting this and comparing it to the original.

:thumbup::thumbup:

You're lucky to have the parts for it!

Could I enquire where do you get them from? Bricklink or personal collection?

Are you planning to keep them both together in the alternative colour schemes and on the same street?

Because I'm put to mind by the "twin" houses or rowhouses throughout the United States that were built to match/mirror each other, but since have been altered enough that they look different, with unique colours and features on their façades.

Hi All,

After seeing cimddwc's Sandgreen Petshop , I was inspired to do the reverse trick on the green grocer.

So I turned (the front) of my existing Green Grocer into SandBlue. MOC-wise nothing fancy, but it looks pretty nice. Now i'll have to order 2 petshops :), and maybe some extra sandblue to change the rest of the building.

(Not the best photo(shop) job, but it gives you an impresseion)

Dutch

(photo snipped)

Hmm...I like the look of the blue...but, not with the tan and the red curtains, for some reason. I don't know, maybe it's JUST the curtain colour throwing it off. Not sure.

I think a little bit of 'colour-tweaking' is required for it to look as good in blue as it does in green...

You're lucky to have the parts for it!

Could I enquire where do you get them from? Bricklink or personal collection?

I have two Green Grocers (bought them when they where normally availabe, my second Lego set, after the "dark ages").

I just bought some extra sand blue bricks on Bricklink to replace the front of the building.

Are you planning to keep them both together in the alternative colour schemes and on the same street?

Because I'm put to mind by the "twin" houses or rowhouses throughout the United States that were built to match/mirror each other, but since have been altered enough that they look different, with unique colours and features on their façades.

For now, I think I will keep them together, and add the petshop in sand blue and sand green next to them in a way. To make it better, I'll make some changes to make the buildings more unique. I mean: Two Green Grocers will be war as mentioned before :).

I had them in a mirrored configuration before, but it seemed to lack a building in between. I've seen someone do that, but I never had the time to do something like that. So took apart the mirrored green grocer, and followed the standard building scheme, but with the front in sand Blue.

(photo snipped)

Hmm...I like the look of the blue...but, not with the tan and the red curtains, for some reason. I don't know, maybe it's JUST the curtain colour throwing it off. Not sure.

I think a little bit of 'colour-tweaking' is required for it to look as good in blue as it does in green...

I agree. On my todo list is change the dark green from the bottom to Dark Blue, and also change the curtains. Not sure on replacing the tan. Since I only changed the front of the building, the sand green is quite distracting (at least on the picture).

I think the sandblue and red curtains goes together quite well; but the tan looks slightly out of place. Maybe white or dark grey would look better?

I would change the canopy from blue to maybe green or red, because that seems to clash with the sandblue a bit.

Looks brilliant though; great work. :thumbup: