Sign in to follow this  
Red Bricks

HP: Which wand to which character?

Hi, I have looked around this part of the forum to check that this hasn't been done yet, if it has then delete or merge it, or whatever :tongue:

I was thinking the other day that this would make a good subject: Which LEGO wand goes best with which LEGO Minifigure?

I'll start up the subject with a character that I thought would be a good place to begin.

In set 4842, Dumbledore is equipped with a creamy colour wand, but, as a few may of noticed, this looks nothing like the Elder Wand, In my opinion I think he should be equipped with the dark orange wand that appeared with the Professor Lupin minifigure in 2004 30374.GIF What do you think? Love to hear which wand you think suits the characters, and do you think the TLG have made mistakes with the wands that are given to a certain character? Bye! :wink:

Hi, I have looked around this part of the forum to check that this hasn't been done yet, if it has then delete or merge it, or whatever :tongue:

I was thinking the other day that this would make a good subject: Which LEGO wand goes best with which LEGO Minifigure?

I'll start up the subject with a character that I thought would be a good place to begin.

In set 4842, Dumbledore is equipped with a creamy colour wand, but, as a few may of noticed, this looks nothing like the Elder Wand, In my opinion I think he should be equipped with the dark orange wand that appeared with the Professor Lupin minifigure in 2004 30374.GIF What do you think? Love to hear which wand you think suits the characters, and do you think the TLG have made mistakes with the wands that are given to a certain character? Bye! :wink:

I always thought Dumbledore should have the sand colored wand but I suppose the dark orange could work. And they have made mistakes, in the Forbidden Forest set, they gave Voldemort his own wand, when he should have the elder wand. And I think they could make some wands be dual colors because Draco's is half black and half brown.

Good idea to bring this topic up, Red Bricks. I always thought they put wrong wands in, and when I make my Philosopher's Stone BrickFilm, it needs to be accurate, so I would need to make sure of who has what colour wand. To help me, I go on the Harry Potter Wiki to find out. To find out, you need to type their name in the search bar, (Full name, Ginny has to be typed as Ginevra, Ron has to be typed as Ron) _______'s wand.

Hope this has helped,

Matt

I always thought Dumbledore should have the sand colored wand but I suppose the dark orange could work. And they have made mistakes, in the Forbidden Forest set, they gave Voldemort his own wand, when he should have the elder wand. And I think they could make some wands be dual colors because Draco's is half black and half brown.

The dark orange is going to be my choice aswell: link. Both for color similarity and individuality.

Then the nerd arrived....

In the orignal run of the theme the characters had their own specific wand or none at all in the case of many of the teachers..

Harry ----> Brown. (later Black since 2004, but now brown again).

Ron ----> Light grey.

Hermione ----> Tan.

Draco ----> Black. (brown in 4735).

Lucius malfoy ----> Black.

Snape ----> Dark grey.

Lockhart ----> Tan.

Crabbe ----> Brown.

Goyle ----> Brown.

Neville ----> black.

Lupin ----> orange-ish.

voldemort ----> black.

Umbridge ----> None.

Ginny ----> brown.

Dumbledore ----> none.

mcgonagal ----> None.

Hope ths helps Anyone... and yes I'm a massive dork :tongue:

In the orignal run of the theme the characters had their own specific wand or none at all in the case of many of the teachers..

Ron ----> Light grey.

Hermione ----> Tan.

Snape ----> Dark grey.

Lockhart ----> Tan.

Crabbe ----> Brown.

Goyle ----> Brown.

Neville ----> black.

Lupin ----> orange-ish.

voldemort ----> black.

Umbridge ----> None.

Ginny ----> brown.

Dumbledore ----> none.

mcgonagal ----> None.

I would always say that Voldemort should have the cream wand that Dumbledore has in 4842, As his wand is creamy-white in the films and if you use the white then it just sort of looks wrong with his skin :sweet:

Good idea to bring this topic up, Red Bricks. I always thought they put wrong wands in, and when I make my Philosopher's Stone BrickFilm, it needs to be accurate, so I would need to make sure of who has what colour wand. To help me, I go on the Harry Potter Wiki to find out. To find out, you need to type their name in the search bar, (Full name, Ginny has to be typed as Ginevra, Ron has to be typed as Ron) _______'s wand.

Hope this has helped,

Matt

I must admit that I did use the Harry Potter Wiki when I was comparing all my LEGO wands to see which matches the Elder Wand the best :blush: I agree, I would recommend this site to anyone, Great pictures and as much Harry Potter knowledge as J.K Rowling's Pen! :laugh:

Ron ----> Light grey.

Hermione ----> Tan.

Snape ----> Dark grey.

Lockhart ----> Tan.

Crabbe ----> Brown.

Goyle ----> Brown.

Neville ----> black.

Lupin ----> orange-ish.

voldemort ----> black.

Umbridge ----> None.

Ginny ----> brown.

Dumbledore ----> none.

mcgonagal ----> None.

Well I own Hermione's wand and I would say that it's brown and my sister owns Snape's and it's black. My friend owns Lupin's and I would definitely say it's brown. Crabbe's wand is orangy and tanish, Voldemort's wand is practically a bone really so his is white, Umbridge's wand is brown, Ginny's is black, and is McGonagall's could be either brown or black, as it's about half and half. (and since you forgot Luna, her's is brown)

Edited by Luna Lovegood

Just to clarify,

What I posted was the wands that were given to charcters in the origonal run of the lego theme, not the ones in the movie.

I realise that TLC got it wrong for most of them but I prefer using these colours as its better than "everyones wand is brown" :laugh::wink:

Just to clarify,

What I posted was the wands that were given to charcters in the origonal run of the lego theme, not the ones in the movie.

I realise that TLC got it wrong for most of them but I prefer using these colours as its better than "everyones wand is brown" :laugh::wink:

Oooo well I feel a little dumb. :grin: