Hello,

This is my most recent creation, and i think my best too! It is a walking excavator, heavily inspired by swissbagger1's version. It has 10 remote functions controlled fro a huge control. Functions include: drive, 4 independent legs, Slewing of upper structure, book up/down, dipper in/out, dipper extension, and bucket curl/uncurl.

img_5042.jpg

This is also my first time experimenting with picture editing!

img_5040.jpg

The main arm is raised by two linear actuators, powered by a xl motor hidden in the superstructure.

img_5055.jpg

The dipper is moved in and out by a linear actuator mounted on the arm. Also, the dipper can be extended by 6 studs with the pneumatics. Finally, the bucket can be curled by 1 pneumatic cylinder.

img_5060.jpg

This is a side view of the lower structure. The 2 front legs are independently controlled by the pneumatic cylinders. Also, in the front are 2 small cylinders which can spread the front legs out at an angle.

img_5066.jpg

In the back, are 2 more independently controlled legs. These legs can not move out because they are driven by a pf m motor which is located inside the hull. The wheels are geared down with the gearbox located on the axles. The old style motor seen is for the slew of the superstructure.

img_5069.jpg

When all the legs are retracted, the whole machine can drive forward with the rear powered wheels.

img_5072.jpg

here is the crazy control panel, can you guess what each switch does :wink: ?

Also, there is a video posted on my youtube channel which shows each of the functions:

And more pictures on my brickshelf account: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=483084

Does anyone know if there are any Lego shows near Boston In the USA, i would love to bring it to a show!!

Thanks for looking :sweet: . Comments welcome!

tim

Does anyone know if there are any Lego shows near Boston In the USA, i would love to bring it to a show!!

Nice walking excavator! :sweet: You may want to contact the New England LEGO Users Group (NELUG) for the upcoming meeting/show schedule near "Beantown". I'm sure they would love to drive it!

Nice walking excavator! :sweet: You may want to contact the New England LEGO Users Group (NELUG) for the upcoming meeting/show schedule near "Beantown". I'm sure they would love to drive it!

I have actually looked at their website before but it seems to be a Lego trains LUG... Not Lego technic.

Tim

I like the telescopic boom. It's a nice feature.

As far as shows go, I don't know of any in the Boston area, other than what your local LUG may have. Brickfair is in DC every August, but that may be a bit further than you want to travel. It would be really nice to see more Technic builders at the expo. There is also an event in Toronto, but I've never been, so I can't say what that is like.

Brickfair is in DC every August, but that may be a bit further than you want to travel. It would be really nice to see more Technic builders at the expo. There is also an event in Toronto, but I've never been, so I can't say what that is like.

Thanks for the kind words :).

Unfortunately I think DC is probably to far to travel :(.

Tim