Sign in to follow this  
BillytheKid

MOC: Trainlayout of Panda

traintech1.jpg

Hello,

I collect 12v trains form 1980 till 1991, which I all have :vader: . I just want to share my collecting to you.

Here is my brickshelf account:

1_lego_inside_logo.gif_thumb.jpg

Layout 9 does currently excist.

Currently I'm also busy to make pictures of all the trains I have in my collection, which are shown:

12v-logo.jpg_thumb.jpg

Edited by Panda9001100

A beautiful 12V train collection, (even if I prefer the 9V ones) and good old sets (like the 6380 hosital). It's great, I like your train layout! *y*

I can forsee a happy wife lol. How many square meters did you conquered so far ?

I'm still single :-$ . I've 16m2. I have more tracks, but no more room :-( . I need to move if I want to expand.

I'm still single :-$ . I've 16m2. I have more tracks, but no more room :-( . I need to move if I want to expand.

Looool, some common problems among AFOLs :-D :-P

*yoda*

I.m still single too *alien*

I don't know about the single thing ;-) but I do know about the room problem. I'm lucky to have my own room for my LEGO, but there's so much I want to set up and even that room's not enough (I posted a pic in this thread)... *wacko*

I currently have a room dedicated to Lego, but when my girlfriend and I get a place together, I will loose it...

Panda I think you would like to look at this (12V heaven)

Warning: For those of you who strugle with space this might give you a shock

P.S. It is not mine but I have seen it live *wub*

I've seen this site before and it looks like heaven *wub* . Well, let's say I've a little place of heaven *sweet* .

Your opnion please?

Jake's reefers?

With the 7750 pulling them a great train. Those black doors are some rare pieces. Nice train, nice layout. Can I have it? ;-)

I'm not a 12V train fan, but your city looks great and so classic, with a really lego spirit. *y*

your layout is an inspiration for us all and was the main reason i started to building a train/town myself

(guess i can blame you for my wallet being empty :-P ) when i get my own place with more space i will probably start collecting 12v myself.

as you are something of an expert on the area perhaps you could answer if you really need the sleapers, wouldnt a 2x8 be equally good?

salutations skinkfem

as you are something of an expert on the area perhaps you could answer if you really need the sleapers, wouldnt a 2x8 be equally good?
What do you mean exactly?

What do you mean exactly?

He probably means if you need the special 12V sleepers or if regular 2x8 plates would suffice.

I had 12V, too, and mixed sleepers and regular 2x8 plates. Worked for me.

thanks, thats reassuring those sleepers brake way to easily for my taste. and it save my quite some money to.
Well, the special sleepers makes the track stronger. I use the regular 2x8 plates as an extra sleeper, so it looks like the 9v tracks. But i stand with my feet on the track, so extra sleepers prevent of bending the elec-track.

Here's de 10173 (holidaytrain) on 12v. It was not easy, but it's done :'-) .

It's also my 28 train, I own. Please some opnions, I prefer positive ones then negative :-P .

holidaytrain_at_12v_-2.jpg_thumb.jpg

they placed the original engine on the tender?

man that just suck

your mod seem fine to me, a little question tho

do you use all 28 trains on the track at the same time or do you have half of them on shelves?

im not assuming you can run all of them at the same time tho.

My goal is to place all trains at the layout. Too bad 28 is just a little too much. I think 8 trains cannot be placed at the layout, too less space for it.

At my present layout I can run 6 trains at the same time, without bother eachother.

Time for a little update.

Here you can see my little building corner. Sorry for the mess, but I'm modify set 4555 to place it somewhere.

i_-_buildingcorner_where_i_modify_set_4555.jpg

Here a left view of my layout:

i_-_left_view_of_the_layout.jpg

And here the right view of my layout:

i_-_right_view_of_the_layout.jpg

Currently I want all harry potter sets now. Here you can see (and follow) how slowly and steadily it grows :D :

b_-_hogwarts_area_is_building_up.jpg