Sign in to follow this  
Murdoch17

LDD MOC: Ogel Safety Trolley

This model is a MOD of this Neighborhhod Trolley MOC by Brickshelf user J-2. I call my version the Ogel Safety Trolley, in honor of the Birney Safety Car, a real life trolley that was made from 1917 - 1930, and Ogel because I like the Alpha Team villian of the same name. Anyway, the green bricks in the model are supposed to be this part.

Here are my pics:

1314967454m_DISPLAY.jpg

The front showing those green bricks.

1314967456m_DISPLAY.jpg

The side showing the coupling system, of which I'm not sure will work.

1314967457m_DISPLAY.jpg

The your-about-to-get-run-over view.

And here is the LXF.

(The only problem is: Will the connecting system work? I don't have the bricks to make a mock-up to test it. I guess what I will have to do is order it and hope this dosn't end up as a parts pack. Oh well, at least the parts are not expensive using LDD. :sarcasm_hmpf:)

Comments, Questions, and Complaints are welcome!

Cute nifty design.

I find the all-red colour scheme a little over-powering in light of your goal to make it an ogel-agroved design.

A suggestion would be to make it predominately black (say the roof, the base, and part of the side), and the accents

(say the supports, and the rest of the side) in red. Just a suggestion, not trying to make it too much of a critique.

Thanks for posting.

I just updated the trolley, and posted it here. Actually, I was working on it half an hour after I posted the original trolley, I just never reposted it. I tried every color scheme but could not find it with red. So I changed it to black and white. Hopefuly it looks better now. Here are the pics:

1315851941m_DISPLAY.jpg

The front,

13158519431_DISPLAY.jpg

Side,

13158519442_DISPLAY.jpg

head on,

& here is the LXF.

Enjoy!

Edited by Murdoch17

If the trolley uses a rigid frame (no pivoting bogies underneath), then the coupling between the cars will need to have at least two points of rotation - the universal joint you're using only gives one. Take a look at how the magnetic coupling used for the buffers work, for an example.

Thank you Freddie! I was worried about the coupling mechanism. I am makeing amendments to the model as we speak and would like to know if this idea would work. Thank you for your help. :thumbup:

13163733541_DISPLAY.jpg

EDIT: Added picture.

Edited by Murdoch17

That should do it - the distance from the wheels to the pivoting point also seems to be short, so I don't think it should have a hard time going through switches either.