Where do your informations come from? Personnally, I do not enjoy such a model, maybe because it's very basic : propulsion,steering and suspensions. But if they use new parts ( such as new gears), it would be very welcome :)

I really hope we will see longer pneumatic cylinders in a near futur !

Where do your informations come from? Personnally, I do not enjoy such a model, maybe because it's very basic : propulsion,steering and suspensions. But if they use new parts ( such as new gears), it would be very welcome :)

I really hope we will see longer pneumatic cylinders in a near futur !

Fully agree.

If next years flagship is a 180 euro RC rock crawler then it really should have more than just propultion, suspention and steering. A new, more realistic gearbox that can take lots of torque using lots of new parts would be awesome. And one of the things that puts me off RC flagships (apart from making it more of a toy than a realistic reprisentation of real life) is the lack of a proper servo motor. At least then we could have the realistic represetaion of real life (like gearboxes, pneumatics and so on) with the added benefit of being remote controlled, using servos to control gear changing, pneumatic valves, steering and so on. Oh and longer pneumatics is just :wub::wub::wub::wub::wub:

Fully agree.

If next years flagship is a 180 euro RC rock crawler then it really should have more than just propultion, suspention and steering. A new, more realistic gearbox that can take lots of torque using lots of new parts would be awesome. And one of the things that puts me off RC flagships (apart from making it more of a toy than a realistic reprisentation of real life) is the lack of a proper servo motor. At least then we could have the realistic represetaion of real life (like gearboxes, pneumatics and so on) with the added benefit of being remote controlled, using servos to control gear changing, pneumatic valves, steering and so on. Oh and longer pneumatics is just :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

I have just noticed something , is it me or does allanp want servo motors and new pneumatic parts. :grin:

You could have pneumatic steering on the rock crawler that would be cool. :classic:

Edited by Alasdair Ryan

I love the Minimog and as a fan of jet planes I have to say that the new jet looks like a helicopter without a rotor :(((

And again in red:(

Tow truck and quad don't look too bad. The jet is a real bummer.

I still have hope for a nice helicopter with realistic rotor functions, and a log transporter sounds great as well.

As much as I like real rock crawlers, a rock crawler as next years flagship model doesn't sound very exciting to me. Maybe it will be better if they have some new PF elements or working transmission, but I guess we'll see.

YES

Smooth Black Toggle Joints in the Tow Truck! Now why were these not in the 8081 set..?

ROFL...you and your black toggle joints... :laugh::laugh:

I agree were seeing too many tow models,a new forklift would have been nice.

If it's not a tow model, it's a cherry picker, or a crane.

ROFL...you and your black toggle joints... :laugh::laugh:

LOL.. Yeah I know...

The fact that this piece will be available once again in black is going to be very important in the near future... :wink:

On a side note, I know that I am a strictly car guy, but something that I think would be really really cool for a flagship set would be a 2,500 piece, 4 module Great Ball Contraption set...

Definitely would be something different...

This Rock Crawler thing sounds interesting, but I can't see the release of this using the PF motors... There has to be something new.... These PF motors are worthless moving large vehicles for a given amount of time unless they are very very lightweight...

I prefer a 2000 piece jet/helicopter, that would be awesome...

(i'll keep on dreaming)

@ Paul, what are you up to hm? supercar model 3?

I prefer a 2000 piece jet/helicopter, that would be awesome...

(i'll keep on dreaming)

@ Paul, what are you up to hm? supercar model 3?

I totally agree. A jet or helicopter flagship would be so awesome.

I am curious about Paul's plans as well.

It is possible that they will use a new controller type, where one function is controlled by a wheel instead of a level. The controller could only give signal to the receiver, when the wheel rotation changes.

I hope there will be other remote controlled functions than steering and moving forward/backward. For example remote controlled transmission, or remote controlled dif locks.

Yes pleaaaaaase!! default_laugh_new.gif

On a side note, I know that I am a strictly car guy, but something that I think would be really really cool for a flagship set would be a 2,500 piece, 4 module Great Ball Contraption set...

Agreed. I once suggested this in a PD job application for use also in Lego Education; learning how to build various modules of a GBC and providing tons of inspiration for Kids to get involved; it has opportunities to allow them to design small sub modules and really learn mechanical construction issues... participate in schools and classroms, but also to have pure fun at home... However I never got the interview to be able to further elaborate.

I have just noticed something , is it me or does allanp want servo motors and new pneumatic parts. :grin:

You could have pneumatic steering on the rock crawler that would be cool. :classic:

What can I say, I am a master of subtlety :grin:

What can I say, I am a master of subtlety :grin:

:laugh:

I did not see any pics of this log transporter in the post with the pics in it there is going to be one?

Hi Guys,

I didn't read the whole thread. Sorry for that.

I've seen a picture of the "Holztransporter" today. But I didn't had a chance to make a photo. Sorry again.

The front looks similar to front of 8285. Not exactly of course. But it's black too and the geometry is also like at 8285.

The rest of the truck is similar to 8285 too. Instead of the tow arm, there is an crane and part for the wood like at the trailer of 8049.

All in all I think, that there is two much space between the front and first axle of the rear part.

And I've seen a new part on it. It's a new small turntable - based on a 24 tooth gear. The connection is like at the bigger turntables, but it's only space for one liftarm. long pins won't work there. Maybe there are axleholes?!

Martin

Hi Guys,

I didn't read the whole thread. Sorry for that.

I've seen a picture of the "Holztransporter" today. But I didn't had a chance to make a photo. Sorry again.

The front looks similar to front of 8285. Not exactly of course. But it's black too and the geometry is also like at 8285.

The rest of the truck is similar to 8285 too. Instead of the tow arm, there is an crane and part for the wood like at the trailer of 8049.

All in all I think, that there is two much space between the front and first axle of the rear part.

And I've seen a new part on it. It's a new small turntable - based on a 24 tooth gear. The connection is like at the bigger turntables, but it's only space for one liftarm. long pins won't work there. Maybe there are axleholes?!

Martin

Thanks for the info :classic:

When you say it's similar to the 8285, is the size about the same as well? Same wheels as 8285? 3 axles i suppose? dual rear wheels? And is the crane operated by pneumatics, LA's or something else?

I think the whole dimensions are nearly the same, but not so much pieces all in all. If I remember exactly, the crane is operated by LA's. The new steering CV joint is used for operating the LA's too.

Same wheels...good question. I would say yes with 70 percent correctnes. And yes you're right: 3 axles. But I'm not sure, if there where dual rear wheels. again 70 percent for yes.

The time was to short for watching all the details on the photo. I can try to get more informations...

Martin

I think the whole dimensions are nearly the same, but not so much pieces all in all. If I remember exactly, the crane is operated by LA's. The new steering CV joint is used for operating the LA's too.

Same wheels...good question. I would say yes with 70 percent correctnes. And yes you're right: 3 axles. But I'm not sure, if there where dual rear wheels. again 70 percent for yes.

The time was to short for watching all the details on the photo. I can try to get more informations...

Martin

How do u know all this? And we don't want la,s we want pneumatics to stay!

Could it be something like the small Technic turntable that came in only one set?

32273c00.1213556518.jpg

Looking forward to the plane. It isn't perfect, but I quite like red pieces (because I already have so many), and my first ever Technic set I bought for myself was the 8434 Aircraft (along with the Ferrari F1 car). That is when I really started to like Technic (before that, I was into Bionicle)

The tow truck looks quite good, several black panels, and more of those truck wheels (I have 32 of them).

The crawler crane is a bit smaller than I hoped, but it has those mini track links, which is good.

The mini truck, and the quad bike both look quite good. They are orange, but I don't have the Unimog yet, so I can't comment on the orange colour.

How do u know all this? And we don't want la,s we want pneumatics to stay!

I'd seen a picture of it in the official print with all the confidential images. You know, this sheet of paper for the lego dealers, where most of the confidential pictures came from.

The model will be released in March!

No, the turntable is a new one.

Martin

Edited by MMR1988

LA's, eh? Not mini-LA's, right? But no motor, or?

It's weird that they design a smaller turntable for a set of this size..

Edited by Pauger

I suspect it will be smaller. Pictures could be misleading, especially if you dont know for sure what type of wheels are used. True, size can also be determined with other elements, but regardless of that mistakes could occur.

For me it was like that with 8049 tractor with log loader. It looked promising on pics, but when I saw assembled, I was really disaponited.

I have doubts because 8285 is the same size as 8258, which is huge set with 1800+pcs and 160+ euro price. Even if there are a lot less bricks (500 less) and there is no motor, I cannot see how it could be similar sized (unless it looks really empty, or has large empty space at the back for logs).

Anyway, I am looking forward to it and I hope it will not be same disapointment like 8053 compared to 8421.

Yeah, beacuse it was in time when lego was still affordable.

But today we have PF and all you can get for 120 euro is crap like 8070 or 8053 (with motor).