Here is my modification of 9394. This is my first time I tried to improve an official set, so be kind to me.

9394.jpg

Conchas has completed his TechnicBRICKS TechReview of the Lego Technic 9395 Pick-Up Tow Truck set. It also discusses the newly-molded Technic Triangle and Technic Engine Cylinder parts.

Edited by DLuders

Man, i see what some of you are saying about that M motor hanging out the back :laugh:,the lego designers must of had a 'off day'.:laugh:

Edited by Alasdair Ryan

Conchas has completed his TechnicBRICKS TechReview of the Lego Technic 9395 Pick-Up Tow Truck set. It also discusses the newly-molded Technic Triangle and Technic Engine Cylinder parts.

Oddly, my copy has the new engine cylinders but NOT the new triangles. I still don't have any of those.

Oddly, my copy has the new engine cylinders but NOT the new triangles. I still don't have any of those.

Mine was the same way.?? I was surprised when people said the new triangles were in theirs. I actually checked my parts bin to make sure! Oh well, maybe the next one I buy will have the new triangles.

Man, i see what some of you are saying about that M motor hanging out the back :laugh:,the lego designers must of had a 'off day'.:laugh:

It looks like its trying to give birth to me :wink:

:laugh:

I really don't know what they were thinking.:sceptic:

I think the motorization was a last minute idea. They were probably thinking:

"Hey, why not motorize this truck so that the people buy the PF set too!"

"Hey, that's a good idea! But wait a minute, this truck is soo crowded that we have no idea where to put the M motor!"

"Aw, just stick it on its rear and be done with it."

It's probably not what really happened, but I can't help but wonder: do the gods at Billund sometimes just BS things because they are lazy? I have nothing against them, (otherwise I wouln't be calling them 'gods'), but this motor placement thing just makes me sad.

It's probably not what really happened, but I can't help but wonder: do the gods at Billund sometimes just BS things because they are lazy? I have nothing against them, (otherwise I wouln't be calling them 'gods'), but this motor placement thing just makes me sad.

Agreed. Its like they gave the motor placement to an intern :laugh: .

tim

Hey tim, not all interns are bad. I could possibly be an intern in a few years, though very unlikely and improbable, but I would make much better motor placement, given time to experiment.

given time to experiment.

I'd say that's probably what happened: for some reason they were short on time and had to make one of the 2012 sets motorisable, so this was the best compromise they could take.

I think it's most likely they just needed a set that the motor pack could be used with, as there isn't another one out there at the moment in all markets. I'm pretty sure the motor could have been fitted better inside the model, but I suspect it would have taken too much taking apart to fit it.

I don't know, I don't work at TLG... Maybe there was more pressure to release a motorisable model this year exactly because there was none last year?

The 1h technic sets are on the Lego Technic website, plus they changed it up a little. Come and check it out.