Is it me, or is that tow truck just plain ugly? :hmpf_bad:

Yep, it's ugly. The preliminary art is "boxy" though so it will look better later. I think tandem rear wheels would make it look much better.

Yep, it's ugly. The preliminary art is "boxy" though so it will look better later. I think tandem rear wheels would make it look much better.

It will be interesting if with modification it could be a small 6-wheel semi-wrecker in scale with the 8285.

Other than that I wouldn't have use for something made to a "larger" scale. Maybe its suppose to be in scale with the Unimog?

28t for the new turntable seems to be the only solution.

Just try something like this with a 24t :

24t-16t.png

Doesn't works. :wacko: 28t looks like a "Lego" number that would fit with the actual gears.

I think tandem rear wheels would make it look much better.

Absolutely! :thumbup:

28t for the new turntable seems to be the only solution.

Just try something like this with a 24t :

24t-16t.png

Doesn't works. :wacko: 28t looks like a "Lego" number that would fit with the actual gears.

Exactly. Just look at how the 28t i the new diff mesh with a 20t double bevel and you'll understand that it will fit in this case as well.

Tandem wheels on a pick-up of this size? meh :look:

Tandem wheels on a pick-up of this size? meh :look:

Must be different in Norway then. In the US, every tow truck I have ever seen has tandem rear wheels. It needs the extra rear load carrying capability to lift a vehicle. Note that I do NOT mean two axles, I mean 4 wheels on one axle.

We do got those pickups in Norway as well. Ford F350 and such, but they´re not that common over here. Most pickups here are smaller. Toyota Hilux, Nissan Nevara and such.

My favorite of the new sets are defiantly the mini mog.

Must be different in Norway then. In the US, every tow truck I have ever seen has tandem rear wheels. It needs the extra rear load carrying capability to lift a vehicle. Note that I do NOT mean two axles, I mean 4 wheels on one axle.

That makes sense, I thought you meant an extra rear axle :blush: But with the 8258 fresh in mind, I'm not surprised about the result.

I don't think that the danes care very much about what cars we have in Norway though. The only contribution we make to the car industry is this, and well... it probably can't tow much more than itself, and it isn't exactly something you would put tandem wheels on :laugh:

post-10575-131733598011.jpg

Edit: Changed my mind. Double rear wheels would probably interfer with the towing mechanisms. And as the truck is only 15 studs in width, I think it's only right that there is no tandem/dual rear wheels.

Edited by Pauger

I think the problem is that lego wheels are generally far too wide to be in scale. They should probably be 50% thinner, which sounds alot, but looking at real world road vehicles the wheels always seens much thinner.

Really? These are imo the most realistic and well scaled wheels Lego Technic has ever come up with. The perfect wheel for trucks. If they were half as thin they would almost look like wheel chair wheels.

In most cases I'd agree with you though. The wheels from 8109, all sort of balloon tires, and even the new unimog tires, are to wide. I guess that is part of TLG's philosofy though - The further the wheels sticks out from the mudguards, the better. :sceptic:

Ah, my post was confusing, when I said 50% thinner I didn't mean half as thin, I meant two thirds as thin. I should have said 33% thinner :classic: But yeah they are still the most realistic technic wheels yet.

Any more info yet on the log transporter ;)

I think the log trasporter will be in the second half. :sceptic:

What makes you think that?

Theres is no pic of it in the 2012 first half catalogue, compare last years 1st half catalogue to this years,there was no other technic sets last year released in the 1st half not shown on the catalogue.

index-1.jpg

Lego-TECHNIC-2012_1316132770_thumb.jpg

Edited by Alasdair Ryan

Theres is no pic of it in the 2012 first half catalogue, compare last years 1st half catalogue to this years,there was no other technic sets last year released in the 1st half not shown on the catalogue.

Maybe I am mistaken, but didn't we have the 8070 supercar in the 1st half of 2011, which was announced separately of the other models, just like the log transport currently is.

The Log Transporter is the "Supercar of 2012".

Edited by Gekke Ted

Last year an early stickerless prelim pic of the 8070 Supercar and it's functions leaked out in September... It didn't show up in the catalog here in the states until after it had already been released...

Edited by Paul Boratko

The picture was some pages after the Technic sets, we know about. Of course I can say this only for the German catalog...

I have a hunch that the 2012 flagship model may be another backhoe. I could be completly wrong, but just a guess. I still want to see a SLS AMG.

Anyways, I'm interested to see what this log loader looks like.

Edited by dhc6twinotter

I have a hunch that the 2012 flagship model may be another backhoe.

Another one?!? What makes you think that?

tim

I have a hunch that the 2012 flagship model may be another backhoe. I could be completly wrong, but just a guess. I still want to see a SLS AMG.

Sure are we not already aware the flagship is a rock crawler :wacko:

I have a hunch that the 2012 flagship model may be another backhoe.

I could be completly wrong, but just a guess. I still want to see a SLS AMG.

I would actually love to see this re-released with full pneumatics. how about larger with some long pneumatic pumps!

Once I get my shipment of Technic in a couple of weeks time, I will finally have enough pneumatics to build it!

as for the SLS, the Supercar from this year looks roughly similar, although it would be awesome to see another MB licensed model.

Edited by Matt The Tuba Guy

I would actually love to see this re-released with full pneumatics. how about larger with some long pneumatic pumps!

Once I get my shipment of Technic in a couple of weeks time, I will finally have enough pneumatics to build it!

as for the SLS, the Supercar from this year looks roughly similar, although it would be awesome to see another MB licensed model.

As i have the 8455 myself and that muck older one also i can say the the 8455 is a great set,i dont think it needs longer pumps,but yes longer rams i think will be welcomed? :laugh:

As i have the 8455 myself and that muck older one also i can say the the 8455 is a great set,i dont think it needs longer pumps,but yes longer rams i think will be welcomed? :laugh:

I guess you know he meant longer rams right? :laugh:

Are you reading this TLG? :laugh: