Masked Builder

[MOC Series] Geonosis Mission 10

gallery_101_23_281.gif

6098056833_e22fdb5db6_o.jpg

Begin: Mission Geonosis Log;

As we were informed once we got back to the ship, our first mission will be back on Geonosis. I really hate that rock. It shouldn't even be called a planet. And those bugs are such, well, bugs.

Leave was good for me and my men. We needed it. I was promoted to Major before we went on leave. I'll have to see if I can get some more men once we get back...

End: Mission Geonosis Log

Razor Squadron Members From Left To Right:

Name: Falcon

Primary Weapon: DC-15 Blaster Rifle

Name: Spark

Primary Weapon: Flame Thrower

Name: Scrape

Primary Weapon: PLX-1 Portable Missile Launcher

Name: Mishap

Primary Weapon: DC-15 Blaster Rifle

I'm going for a different approach to posting my 457th Corps MOCs for Geonosis. (Yes Geonosis) I'm going to be posting each MOC in this thread and we'll see how this goes. I may stay with this method I may go back to posting them individually too. But for now. What do you think of Razor Squad?

Personally, I think most people go overboard with the customization, but yours are nice. Keeping them one color is good.

I've always been impressed with your brick-built weapons that I regularly see in your vigs, and showcasing them in this custom squad really makes them standout, even more than the purist custom figs. Well done! :thumbup:

Nice custom weapons indeed, Masked Builder, did anyone already mentioned that? :grin:

Just really nice, as Brickdoctor already mentioned, and I fully agree with, your customazations are never over-the-top. :thumbup:

Great squad there Masked Builder. I love the custom weapons and gear for the clones, is that the old Phase 1 torso they have? Oh I love the rocket launcher but the PLX-1 is a thick weapon PLX-1.PNG, yours looks a bit to thin. Still I look forward to some more missions.

Oh and congratulations on your promotion Falcon.

Thanks everyone!

Keeping them one color is good.

Thanks! Someone was telling me to put another color in but I like the orange.

Nice custom weapons 'Masked Builder', I look forward to their adventures ! :wink:

May the Eurobrick be with you ! :grin:

The first MOC should be up soon!

Oh I love the rocket launcher but the PLX-1 is a thick weapon PLX-1.PNG, yours looks a bit to thin. Still I look forward to some more missions.

Oh and congratulations on your promotion Falcon.

I was wondering if someone would notice that! :laugh: But yeah when I looked the weapons up, it was the only one I knew that the Clones had used.

gallery_101_23_281.gif

Okay here's the Mission 10.1 MOC!

6131170815_2c71d1e5ea_o.jpg

Receiving Mission 10.1 Log.....

Log Received.

Begin Mission Log:

So, one my first mission as a Major, we were sent to take back our bunker. Stupid droids and Geonosians somehow managed to take it from our troopers. We managed to scale the wall pretty quickly. I had Mishap guard our back as we ascended. We'll take back this bunker with a fury.

This mission is seeming surprisingly easy so far. Maybe those bugs have something planned.....

End Mission Log

Transmission Ended

6131720888_b104ca1a06_o.jpg

6131721072_02b7890e12_o.jpg

6131171227_29ec2c2f2e_o.jpg

6131171367_b040594359_o.jpg

6131171599_23a2f5fb46_o.jpg

6131721570_b508bcb0fe_o.jpg

Okay I know Dooku wasn't getting the plans at the second battle but I couldn't resist.

6131721632_5a01cc4cf3_o.jpg

6131721748_ebe4c09db8_o.jpg

6131171863_9bc451f7df_o.jpg

6131721882_326ddbc4de_o.jpg

6131721970_357748e2ae_o.jpg

This was a really fun MOC to build. I had originally thought that I had a 32x32 maximum entry but then I noticed that it was 24x24. Oh well. My solution to having only one Geonosian was to have a few others being burnt. The bunker wall was probably one of the best parts to build here.

Flickr Set

Built September 2011

Funny how your base got updated with the Republic logo right after I did the same thing to mine. :look:

Nice work, Masked. I do think that you actually went too big with the 24x24 - you've got some empty space on the ground. I wonder if it would look any better condensed into a 16x16. Excellent work with the flamethrower. :classic:

This is great, I love it masked builder. The flames and meeting are stunning :thumbup:

Thanks! The flames were quite fun to build.

Funny how your base got updated with the Republic logo right after I did the same thing to mine. :look:

Nice work, Masked. I do think that you actually went too big with the 24x24 - you've got some empty space on the ground. I wonder if it would look any better condensed into a 16x16. Excellent work with the flamethrower. :classic:

Yeah funny how that worked out.

Yeah you're probably right. But I liked the empty landscape there. Thanks!

Very nice work, Masked! I love the burning Geonosians, the wall, and all the action. What I don't like is the lack of anything in the front. My solution would be to add some flaming/burnt Geo's over all that brown. :classic:

Very nice work, Masked! I love the burning Geonosians, the wall, and all the action. What I don't like is the lack of anything in the front. My solution would be to add some flaming/burnt Geo's over all that brown. :classic:

That's a thought Mood. But I'm out of dark tan torsos.

More excellent work from you 'Masked Builder', the Count looks puzzled by the object is his hands ! :laugh:

Keep them comming 'MB' and may the Eurobrick be with you ! :grin:

More excellent work from you 'Masked Builder', the Count looks puzzled by the object is his hands ! :laugh:

Keep them comming 'MB' and may the Eurobrick be with you ! :grin:

:laugh: He does now that I look at it. :tongue:

Don't worry there will most likely be two more Geonosis MOCs before we move onto a different planet!

Well here's MOC 10.2!

6176237203_936d9ea867_o.jpg

Receiving Mission 10.2 Log.....

Log Received.

Begin Mission Log:

We were sent to take over the bunker and left on our own. Now we're just waiting for someone to come get us out of our own bunker.

Those stupids bugs think they can take us out with superior numbers. They should think again. I think we're stuck here boys.....

End Mission Log

Transmission Ended

6176765454_e7ab8bfd24_o.jpg

6176765530_8c20018eba_o.jpg

This is probably my favorite shot. It shows all of the squad members.

6176237381_b6ebd33215_o.jpg

Scrape inside the armory.

6176237433_74850e4c98_o.jpg

Yep those are the same Geonosians.

6176237489_2019e365a0_o.jpg

The armory was something that I thought needed to look cool but also not be too big.

6176765714_b9d6c9319a_o.jpg

This was just a fun little extra to fill in some of that empty space.

6176237603_7938f6c26d_o.jpg

Nothing much to see here. Just the wall.

6176765790_be73e27330_o.jpg

This is another great shot. The rifles ruin the shot a bit though.

As suggested by Doc, I scaled down the size of this MOC. I tried doing a 16x16 but I didn't have enough room. so I added four studs to each side to make it 20x20. When I first read the mission this is exactly what I saw in my head. Oh and I'm out of tiles so I guess I need to get more now. :tongue:

Flickr Set

Built September 2011

Nice MOCs, Masked. Orange is probably gonna be a much more common color since that Bomb Trooper battlepack, but I'm glad you used the Episode III torsos.

One thing I find weird is how one trooper is always just kind of standing in one spot doing nothing, while the others are always in the middle of the line of fire. :laugh: I like your fire effects, though.

Nice job Masked Builder :thumbup:. Although this MOC is just as creepy as the LaPR episodes, flamethrowering the 'bugs is kinda cruel :grin:. I love the clean look of the bunker, and the Geonosians Sonic Blaster, it looks better than TLG version :sweet:.

Nice work again, Masked! I think I like this better than the last one (not that the last one was bad). I like how you segmented the different walls and the way the one trooper's head is leaning forward like "are you lookin at me?" :angry: . I'd have to agree with CallMePieOrDie, though: everybody's doing something except for that one guy just standing there by the guns. Kinda funny. :laugh:

Edited by M<0><0<DSWIM

Thanks everyone!

Nice MOCs, Masked. Orange is probably gonna be a much more common color since that Bomb Trooper battlepack, but I'm glad you used the Episode III torsos.

One thing I find weird is how one trooper is always just kind of standing in one spot doing nothing, while the others are always in the middle of the line of fire. :laugh: I like your fire effects, though.

Thanks!

Well I didn't want to use him because he'd just blow up the whole place.

Hello!

The binoculars for the flamethrower backback are a great idea! :classic:

Cheers,

~ Christopher

Thanks Chris!

The flamethrower vig is just great. AFOL's takin' a kids' toy to a whole new level. :laugh:

Well technically I'm not an AFOL yet. :grin:

Nice work again, Masked! I think I like this better than the last one (not that the last one was bad). I like how you segmented the different walls and the way the one trooper's head is leaning forward like "are you lookin at me?" :angry: . I'd have to agree with CallMePieOrDie, though: everybody's doing something except for that one guy just standing there by the guns. Kinda funny. :laugh:

Thanks!

6253219499_22c08f07c6_o.jpg

Receiving Mission 10.3 Log.....

Log Received.

Begin Mission Log:

Well we made it out of the box. So far my men have survived this unscathed. Let's hope it stays that way. Wave upon wave of Geonosians and droids are falling on us.

Those stupid Geonosians seem to think that they can take it back by force. We'll show them.

End Mission Log

Transmission Ended

6247145997_07b0e2aaac_o.jpg

6253748784_e8e3d87e30_o.jpg

6253219591_fd7f95bd60_o.jpg

6253219749_887ed53db4_o.jpg

6253748888_86d112945b_o.jpg

This shot is all photography. And it's my favorite shot in a long time.

I had fun throwing this together the other day. I wasn't feeling to inspired by the description Justin posted but I made it work in my own way. I'm really happy with how my pillar came out. (Thanks for the idea Brickdoctor!) And the Corps is going throught some restructuring so that's why this is much later than some of my other MOCs. This thread has been fun but it's not working to well, so I'm going back to my original plan.

Flickr Set

Built October 2011