Sign in to follow this  
Sirens-of-Titan

Tower of the Arcane (MOC)

indexed.gif

Hello all!

I'm happy to introduce my new lineup of fantasy creations (with this being the first)

Like my previous story it is centered around a small group of characters, and still set in the same world. Unlike the previous series, this one has a slightly more-elaborate story that carries from creation to creation, and the characters are a bit more complex.

(Prologue) Tower of the Arcane

1314836455m_DISPLAY.jpg

Story:

30 years after the fall of Count Vlad and his minions, the Kingdom of Leon has become a prospering Empire, covering the lands of men from sea to sea and filling in the borders of the ancient Empire of Tasher.

In the West lands the tower of Edrin the Wise rises like a monolith to the arcane arts and marks the Western-most border of Leon. Edrin has held dominion over this land for nearly 200 years; protecting and caring for its people, hailed as the savior and guardian of the West, renowned for his wisdom and considered one of the most powerful Elemental Mages in the World.

Alas, even the greatest Mage in Leon is mortal and can only ward off his demise for so long… Old age and a the byproducts of countless spells cast over his lifetime have drained Edrin of his strength and power. Even his beloved people have abandoned him in this state of weakness. Edrin the Wise now lies in his deathbed in the Tower; only his apprentice Kaloyan and his servant Roger remain bedside.

1314836458m_DISPLAY.jpg

As his life force leaves him, Edrin utters to his disciple; “Protect the people, protect the Kingdom of Leon my gentle Kaloyan”.

1314836460m_DISPLAY.jpg

Kaloyan: "Farewell my old friend, may they treat you better in the next world than they did in this one. Quit your sniveling Roger, this is a time to rejoice!"

Roger: "Rejoice how ser?"

Kaloyan: "The passing of my tutor makes me the senior-most mage in Western Leon; this is a moment I have been waiting for for nearly 20 years!Follow me, there are rites to attend to!"

1314836464m_DISPLAY.jpg

Up near the top of the tower:

Kaloyan: "Ah here we are, the Rotunda of Elemental Magic!”

Roger: What is this chamber ser? Tis’ fancier than the rest of the tower?”

Kaloyan: “This is the portal to the paranormal, the opeining to the occult my dear servant. “

1314836467m_SPLASH.jpg

Roger: “What is it’s puropos ser?”

1314836470m_DISPLAY.jpg

Kaloyan: “Look around Roger; these are no simple mosaics. These pictographs are riddles with enchanted stones and runes od elemental magic. All the elements are present: air, water, fire, and earth. Over by the terrace you see the quintessence; the fifth element; the Dominion of the Underworld. It is the force of death magic in other words; a forbidden practice in Leon. This chamber can augment any spell and impose it on the surrounding area. This was Edrin’t secret weapon; I intend to make it my tool of dominion. Now Roger, head on down to the village and summon the elders to come up and greet their new lord”

1314836473m_DISPLAY.jpg

Some time later:

The Elders arrive, but not a trace of rejoice or obedience is evident in their sturn faces and their frustrated postures.

Kaloyan: “Well would you not bow And greet your lord?”

1314836476m_DISPLAY.jpg

Village Elder: “You have some nerve mage to summon us! We swore loyalty to Edrin the Wise long ago in exchange for his protection. His dominion over this land was earned and he suffered for his people. We have no loyalty towards you, you young cockerel!”

Other Elder: Keep your nose buried in your books, and your eyes on the stars and let the Empire of Leon take care of its people.

Third Elder: “Never send for us again or make claims of entitlement to power, or else the Emperial courts shall hear of your defiance! “

1314836480m_DISPLAY.jpg

Kaloyan: “You dare speak to me that way you ungrateful peasants! Who are you to challenge the might of a Mage! Who are you to set foot in the hallowed chamber of the and denounce the practice that has saved your timber homes form fires, giants and advancing armies!”

“Get out of my sight!”

1314836482m_DISPLAY.jpg

Kaloyan: “Cockerel! Filthy peasants! To speak that way to a mage, and in his own tower nonetheless! I’ve had it Roger, it’s time we used the fine resources my mentor never had the nerve to use! It’s time to teach these town-dwellers why it is that people feared mages before their precious Empire took over. Let us see what else Wise old Edrin has hidden away in this tower!”

1314836485m_SPLASH.jpg

Kaloyan: “You poor old man… If only you could see what your beloved people think of mages now. You were too soft on them; they lost all respect for the power of your position. You could have had it all if only you had the ambition! To single handedly crush an Orc invasion and to slay a mighty dragon rider in service to the crown, not to mention defeat the greatest of the vampiri clans and why? So that these peasants can eat and drink and enjoy their sinful ways and demean you?!

1314836489m_DISPLAY.jpg

Kaloyan: “Let us look around”

1314836492m_SPLASH.jpg

Kaloyan: “These are the ancient texts of the Tasher Mages! I can only imagine what kind of powerful spells must be described within!”

1314836496m_DISPLAY.jpg

Kaloyan: “Edrin’s Potions room! There is enough vials in here to fight a small army. Let’s see Roger what can we use to send a message to the little town below?”

1314836499m_SPLASH.jpg

Kaloyan: “Ah yes! I have heard of this; why this should be quite the demonstration! This must be primed with a large amount of earth Magic. Let’s ascend the tower and see just how powerful this Rotunda is!”

1314836502m_DISPLAY.jpg

Kaloyan primes the spell and fills the potion with earth Magic>

Kaloyan: “Come on Roger, at dawn we go down to the village and show these ungrateful peasants why a mage is to be respected! A new day will arrive and I will be the Harbinger of its advent!”

“The era of submission is over; the era of the Mage is here!”

To be continued…

I hope you like it!

Comments are welcome! :sweet:

Incredible! What a great way to kick off your new series of fantasy MOCs. I look forward to the development of the characters. I also really love the all the SNOT you've put in to the base. Will this series be longer than the previous? Either way, keep them coming!

~Bayonet

This is exciting! :excited: The different cheese mosaics are extraordinary and the little details are all perfectly executed, especially those books and the fireplace. Eagerly awaiting the next part.

The scenes are amazing. You've got a lot of great detail going on. I found it hard to keep reading the story because I would get stuck on each scene and I wanted to make sure I caught everything in it. Great job!

I dont know why but for some reason this MOC makes me think of The Elder Scrolls Oblivion.

Great mage tower and great collection of potions and magic artifacts.

Jaw dropping AWESOME 'Sirens-Of-Titan' and leadlighting plus SNOT work on the floor.....a huge :thumbup: .......Brick On 'Sirens-Of-Titan' totally Brick On ! :grin:

Beautiful work again mate!!

So many great things to admire, your stone work is top notch as per usual, the SNOT cheese floor high lights are a total win, and your choice of minifigure heads is great.....love the Holmes head.wub_drool.gif

Your stuff is so inspiring! I love the way you don't just stick within a theme but use bits and pieces from all over to create your own world.

How do you find the time to build all this stuff!?

Thank you all for the comments so far, I'm happy you like the new story. :sweet:

I don't really have a lot of time to build between work/school/etc. but when I do I organize well. This particular build only took 4 days, but it's not as large as my previous MOC's. I figured this is a good start to the series, and I can go up from here. :wink:

I have a very interesting tale in mind, so stay tuned for more!

You really keep on building. And I say, keep on doing that! Wish I had that much time! The mocs are really awesome. :classic: I love the floor you've made with the cheeseslopes. But what I like most, is that bed! And the story, I think a complete moc always needs a story, completes it! Well done (again)!

WOW.

WOW.

WOW>

WOW>

where to start?

Story - fantastic. interesting and told extremely well through your moc.

the build - what is there to say, it's brilliant. as someone who just tried playing with cheese wedges - it looks simple and it's easy on a table, but to actually put a frame around it and make it all work - whole new respect for the people that can execute it well.

And not ONLY that, you decided to build it into a circular and very clean base - simply astounding.

and all the great details in the room (the sheets on the bed!)

and and the 1x1 trans tiles in the stain glass :drool:

wow.

--

only thing I'm not a fan of is the 1x1 round plates in the center- I think you could have done something slightly more interesting - though me thinks you might have a plan for that particular pool ;)

Yay, the story continues! More awesome MOCs to expect of you in the future :sweet: ! This one is yet another masterpiece, even though it's only an interior. As the others have pointed out, the runes on the floor are a great detail and so are the well-built stained glass windows. The other rooms look really fantastic, too :thumbup: ! I'm looking forward to seeing how this story continues :wub: .

Yay, another storyline! :sweet: I do love a well illustrated story, and yr MOCs are up there with the best of them. The decatagonal rotunda (always makes me think of brass bands..) pattern is wonderful and yr funished interiors are great too. I agree that Nizam's body/legs combo works well for Kaloyan. Can't wait for the next thrilling installment! :thumbup:

ps. I keep wanting to say; "the friendship of Saruman is not lightly thrown aside"! :devil:

Edited by gabe

Wow. Another beautiful moc from you, Sirens. Very, very inspiring.

The story is interesting as well as Kaloyan character, but the scenes are jawdropping. Such a great design, both with the architecture and with the interior. The floor mosaics that depict 4 elements look very good and the fifth element that looks like a demon face is a cool addition. That green effect on the last picture really brings up the atmosphere for a story cliffhanger. :classic:

ps. I keep wanting to say; "the friendship of Saruman is not lightly thrown aside"! :devil:

Haha yes every great modern wizard has his roots in the Saruman character. :wink:

Thank you all for the great comments, I am happy you liked it and stay tuned for more from Kaloyan. :grin: