dcflake

UCS Super Star Destroyer 10221 Review

I was wondering the same. And the person has posted on several threads the same thing. Increasing the post count I suppose :sceptic:

Well, in that case...

Nice

This spammer has been reported. :sadnew:

I don't understand why Andonii, who makes such positive contributions in the Avalonia thread, would choose to put all this Bull5h17 onto the Star Wars forum. Some idiot must have gotten into his account, I guess. :hmpf:

Some idiot must have gotten into his account, I guess. :hmpf:

i'm guessing that idiot is a family member :)

It's a beautiful set that I intend to get for display purposes as well as for the minifigures. I believe Lego should have included a lot of translucent blue pieces in this set in order to simulate the lights on the ship. On a set this big and especially this flat introduction of a second color would have broken down a bit its monotonous appearance. That would have definitely made this set worth every one of its price's pennies.

@dcflake: would it kindly be possible for you to measure the width and height of this set whilst on its stand please? I'm trying to find out how high and deep the displaying cabinet would need to be.

I'm definitely buying this set, however I think I will wait to see if it goes on offer first or get it for cheaper from ebay. Does anyone know if Lego historically tends to put offers on in the period after Christmas (January time)?

Anyone knows anything about these questions? Please? :classic:

Yes, they tend to do so.

But definitely not for the collector sets.

Yes, they tend to do so.

But definitely not for the collector sets.

In that case it looks like the Double VIP points offer sounds like the best I'm going to get. That translates to £35 to spend on other sets. :thumbup:

In that case it looks like the Double VIP points offer sounds like the best I'm going to get. That translates to £35 to spend on other sets. :thumbup:

Exactly. That's how I proceeded too, in October.

Edited by Anio

Hi Legolandia, Lego are doing a 'Brick' Friday weekend between the 25th - 28th November. I received a postcard from them a couple of days ago and it looks like you should get i)free postage ii)10% off the set (as you'll spend over £100!) iii) VIP Points (I assume!) and iv) a Limited Edition Holiday set (3300002).

Hi Legolandia, Lego are doing a 'Brick' Friday weekend between the 25th - 28th November. I received a postcard from them a couple of days ago and it looks like you should get i)free postage ii)10% off the set (as you'll spend over £100!) iii) VIP Points (I assume!) and iv) a Limited Edition Holiday set (3300002).

Used this offer and got mine a week or so ago. GF and I built it over three evenings. It looks absolutely superb. It is indeed even more impressive in "flesh" than what it looks in the pictures. £350 is a bit expensive considering that 4Lom and Zuckus minifigs are not included. However thanks to the offer above it worked out at £300 shipped which is more bearable. The only criticism from me is the use of ring binding method for the instructions which is flimsy and unsuitable for an item this size and the fact that the "legs" are not very securely fixed on the underside of the ship (which is a shame considering that the ship itself is very sturdy). Other than that the model is very well executed and I certainly don't regret buying it.

I definitely welcome future Lego releases of ships this size. :thumbup:

Oh and this is definitely a sculpture and not a toy. :classic:

Love your review and thank you so much. It's fun to read! I was not a big Star Wars fan but I am really impressed by this one and also the Death Star. I just bought this one and the Death Star from Amazon.com (US) when they were on sale for Thanksgiving. Can't wait to build them but need to clean some space in my room...

Thanks for this review 'dcflake', pricey you bet 699 Oz dollars.....still it looks a solid build and it does look impressive, but missing Boba Fett is almost unforgivable ! :laugh:

The injection of some humour was a nice touch, may the Eurobrick be with you ! :wink:

Hey lightning tiger, take it easy on dcflake, I wouldn't be humourous after a taxing, mammoth build like that. :wink: Just kidding tiger you have a good point. A quote or pic is a nice way to round off a good review and it gives the review a wholesome feel.

Good stuff dcflake and I'm a conformist!

Those are the extra pieces; you won't need them in the build.

Lego puts in some extra deliberate to make sure everything is included. :)

hi,

i was thinking about extra pieces but those linked no 3 4 5 and 6 are never used in ship so i can't find where to use them... and some are listed as only one piece in set so for those who made this set where did you use the bricks?

sorry for bad english it's not my mother tongue...

Some of those pieces are used at the very beginning when you're building the minifigures, specifically they make the backpack for Dengar, if you go back to the first few pages of the booklet where the minifigures are built you should see where they are used. Hope this is some help!

Yeah... it looks like the whole of Dengar's backpack is included in those extra pieces. After that I think they'll be just spares such as the technics pins

yes that's it ! thank you i totally missed the figures mounting process p 5 :)

just to show you :)

10807011_10152733515906598_556365879_n.jpg?oh=81fdf0b146aa8b224e71b592a2ed6db2&oe=54659A17&__gda__=1416001350_5b95614737e0d907bec34925ae8fec9c

Edited by t3k1lla