Modulex Guy

MOC: Life size Bass guitar!

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

UPDATE! 4/18/2012

Please see page two for some new developments with this MOC!!!

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=59558&view=findpost&p=1259553

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hey All, I am sharing with you one of my latest MOCs.

It is the Rickenbacker Bass that the main character from FLCL (or Fooly Cooly depending on however you call it), Haruko uses in the anime.

It is a Rickenbacker 4001 Lefty

It is completely 1:1 life size scale and the exact dimensions to the real bass.

It features a real guitar strap and is fully wearable, no glue or any modifications to LEGO parts. ;)

The only non LEGO parts besides the strap is the two screws that hold the strap on, but they are put through technic bricks and bolted on the other end inside the guitar.

Here is the anime version:

Flcl04.jpg

Now here is mine:

6100229335_9914a68ef6_b.jpg

6100242487_ea19d72f05_b.jpg

6100242845_074101e70e_b.jpg

6100243173_df2a5acabf_b.jpg

6100789398_c580fa7211_b.jpg

The only thing that my guitar is missing is the fan/weapon thing on the back of the guitar body, If i were to add that, it would be too fragile to wear.

When this was on display at Wizard World Chicago a few weeks ago, I would wear this around the convention. :laugh:

Hope you like it, comments always welcome! :sweet:

Edited by Polish Guy
Indexed

Dude this is cool! You've definitely gotten the shape right, and I really like the way you've done the keys. Nice work mate. :thumbup:

Now that is 1 cool MOC, show us pictures of you wearing it! :laugh:

As you wish!

6101119062_ee13e263a3_z.jpg

6100572965_c186520443_z.jpg

YEA! Rock on! :sing:

Awesome!!! Lovely details, especially the fretwork :wub_drool: If only it had strings :look:

And it's on the Frontpage! :sweet:

Congratulations!!! Great model!!! I´ve always loved the Rick 4001v (used by LOTS of 70´s bass players, specially those playin simphonyc rock, like Mike Rutherford from Genesis or Geddy Lee from Rush). I would have prefered the classic black one, but anyway, your model is awesome!!! :)

Really awesome MOC, it looks great. :thumbup:

You've have nicely recreated that Bass guitar, and nice to see that FLCL inspired you to build it. :classic:

I'm only missing the strings, but appart from that it looks great.

Rock on!

for example on: "Ride on a shooting star" :wink:

the Inventor

What an original but AWESOME creation, hats off to you 'Polish Guy'....all the detailing is perfect ! :grin:

Congrats on being front paged, and as I say Brick On, also Rock On ! :grin:

As a bass player I have to love your MOC. Would love to see Frank Bello signature Fender. Will you build it for me?

:wub: That looks so nice!

If you are planning to expand your amazingness please give a Gibson Les Paul a try! :blush:

Oh my, I got on the front page! What an honor, I never had a MOC featured before!

Glad everyone likes it!

-grohl, I do not know which guitar you are talking about (I actually do not play guitar at all, nor have I never held a real guitar in my hand before in my life)

:wub: That looks so nice!

If you are planning to expand your amazingness please give a Gibson Les Paul a try! :blush:

i was actually planning on just making the guitars from the "Fooly Cooly" anime so that means the next one I'll build would be a Gibson Flying V, and then possibly the Gibson EB-0 1961 (I would have to start hoarding dark red brick for the EB-0).

i was actually planning on just making the guitars from the "Fooly Cooly" anime so that means the next one I'll build would be a Gibson Flying V, and then possibly the Gibson EB-0 1961 (I would have to start hoarding dark red brick for the EB-0).

EBs are nice! :wub:

I think I'll check out this anime, it sounds interesting :sweet:

I only suggested a Les Paul because I own one.. :tongue:

Edited by ceroknight

Such a cool build. Great job! One of my old band mates was a huge Rickenbacker fan and had several, you've got the look down. Awesome.

Dude, that is awesome! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: But the triangles on the fretboard are the other way around. :blush: I love how you've even got a strap attached!

I never understand people playing guitars left-handed... I'm left-handed but I play guitars the proper way around! :tongue: You can't get left-handed wind instruments, or pianos etc, so why are guitars different? (Don't get me started on people turning my drum kit around the wrong way... :damn: )

Dude, that is awesome! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: But the triangles on the fretboard are the other way around. :blush: I love how you've even got a strap attached!

I never understand people playing guitars left-handed... I'm left-handed but I play guitars the proper way around! :tongue: You can't get left-handed wind instruments, or pianos etc, so why are guitars different? (Don't get me started on people turning my drum kit around the wrong way... :damn: )

The only reason this is a lefty is because the FLCL Anime has a lefty and I made it exactly the way it is in the anime aeries, it goes the same for the fretboard, it is correct in my pattern "most of the time" in the anime.

I've always been a fan of brickbuilt renditions of real objects, and this is certainly one of them. I simply love the proper balance of accurately overall shape and design while still retaining the "bricky-LEGO" look of it. Fantastic job PG, definitely a frontpage-worthy creation. :thumbup: Rock on Dude! rocker.gif

The only reason this is a lefty is because the FLCL Anime has a lefty and I made it exactly the way it is in the anime aeries, it goes the same for the fretboard, it is correct in my pattern "most of the time" in the anime.

Yes, I understood why you made a lefty. :wink: I'm not familiar with this anime, I was just going off that one reference pic!

Great work! This guitar looks really awsome.

Planning to build more guitars? What about attaching strings to it in a way? Did you try? (well, of course not original ones, but maybe those ropes of the pirate line...

-Aredhel

Great Job!

I'm a big fan of the sound and look of Ric Basses, though the neck profile does not agree with my fretting hand. You really nailed it with your MOC and captured the beautiful "cresting wave" body shape!

I'm glad you spread the frets out a bit rather than keeping it exactly to bass guitar widths, as it really gives the necessary space for the sharktooth neck inlays (one of the most iconic elements)to be shown off.

I look forward to seeing it -and wearing it maybe...- in person.

EXCELLENT!!!!pirate_thumbup.gifpirate_thumbup.gif

Time ago i was a guitar\bass player and the Rick is one of the best instruments i play,your moc is Awesome.

Now you have to start with the new challenge,the Rickenbacker 4004 LK,

the Lemmy Signature Rickenbacker!!

67975063.jpg