Sign in to follow this  
Hinckley

Baritones 3: Day Six

Why are we all changing our minds? Dmitri already said he couldn't be killed at night. :wacko: I still think Stanislav gave Nika a tampered grenade.

I told you. I need time to confirm something and I don't appreciate my fellow colleague being so pushy which kind of make me grumpy. The person hinted this to me, also believe I am scum, so I thought no point to verify further. More importantly, I made a wrong assumption thinking that the godfather was actually the ninja, thinking that role was long gone but I was wrong. All this while, I kept thinking that it was tampered. It's not a strong case but I am almost certain that's the reason why Nika died.

It's up to that single person among the current voters to stand up if this was mentioned private before. No. This is not a last ditch attempt.

Okay. I understand the need for time to confirm information.

But with only one unvote allowed, I'm going to wait for a bit.

Why are we all changing our minds? Dmitri already said he couldn't be killed at night. :wacko: I still think Stanislav gave Nika a tampered grenade.

Yes, but I imagine a vest would only protect from shooting. Dmitri possibly cannot die no matter what during the night, and that's scummy if anything. It's starting to look like the poisoner tried to poison Dmitri on Day 5 and failed too.

And I still don't believe Stanislav is behind the grenade, if it was tampered to begin with.

I'm not going to change my vote unless I'm absolutely certain we can convict Dmitri. We will find out the truth about this matter either way by tomorrow, but only if either Dmitri or Wilem is convicted.

I'm still skeptical. How can you prove you were in contact with Nika at all, or that she targeted Dmitri? Might've missed it, but I want to make sure.

It's starting to look like the poisoner tried to poison Dmitri on Day 5 and failed too.

But Dmitri isn't exactly quiet like the rest of the poisoned victims.

Yes, but I imagine a vest would only protect from shooting. Dmitri possibly cannot die no matter what during the night, and that's scummy if anything. It's starting to look like the poisoner tried to poison Dmitri on Day 5 and failed too.

Then what about Day 4? I think the Full Moon has something to d with the poisoner. He/she hasn't poisoned since that last one.

I'm now kind of unsure, but I don't want another Full Moon, so I'll wait.

I was looking over roles and such, and what if the grenade was hijacked? And delivered to Nika instead of Dmitri? :sceptic: Just a thought.

Then what about Day 4? I think the Full Moon has something to d with the poisoner. He/she hasn't poisoned since that last one.

What are you talking about? Barbara was poisoned on Day Four, Max on Day Three, and Sarah on Day Two. And now Vera on Day Six. The only day the poisoner failed was yesterday.

What are you talking about? Barbara was poisoned on Day Four, Max on Day Three, and Sarah on Day Two. And now Vera on Day Six. The only day the poisoner failed was yesterday.

Damn. Would've been too mush to ask the poisoner to take a vacation, then. :sadnew:

Then yes, it's possible Dmitri is a ninja, or the poisoner was blocked.

I'm still thinking Wilem is making up crap to save himself, but I may be wrong.

I told you. I need time to confirm something and I don't appreciate my fellow colleague being so pushy which kind of make me grumpy. The person hinted this to me, also believe I am scum, so I thought no point to verify further. More importantly, I made a wrong assumption thinking that the godfather was actually the ninja, thinking that role was long gone but I was wrong. All this while, I kept thinking that it was tampered. It's not a strong case but I am almost certain that's the reason why Nika died.

It's up to that single person among the current voters to stand up if this was mentioned private before. No. This is not a last ditch attempt.

I am the person who suggested to Wilem the possibility of Dmitri being a ninja. It's a possibility, not a fact. I have no idea why he's taking it so seriously, it was just a suggestion. :sceptic: I suggested it because I seriously doubt that there's a scum inventor (although, you never know), and it could account for Nika's death. My thinking is that Dmitri might be a ninja, because as we all know, ninjas can not be night-killed. Maybe anyone who tries to kill him at night ends up getting killed themselves. Like maybe if Ruxana had used her revolver (we're assuming it's her's right?), it would have missed and Dmitri would've strangled her or something. Judging by Agent Sky's last words, there is a ninja here in town. It can't have been Max, because despite the fact that he died during the day, his death was still the byproduct of a killing action (we assume). It can't have been Donil, because ninjas can not be tracked - and he was tracked. So that means that the ninja is still on the loose.

On a completely unrelated note:

Hey god, I have a couple of questions about the affiliations of dead citizens. If we convict someone today (whether it be Wilem, or Dmitri, or whatever), will we learn their affiliation tomorrow morning? Also, what time tomorrow will we learn of Petra's and Catya's affiliations? Will Vera's be revealed at the same time, or will we have to wait a bit more for hers?

Wilem, I'm still trying to work a few things out in my head. It's evident I still haven't made up my mind, and I realise a conviction has already been reached, however that doesn't mean we can't talk a few things out. So I'd like you to clarify a few points, if you will?

You tell us you have been discussing some details in private, that there is a ninja, and that the ninja is Dmitri. The person who declared you to be a memeber of the Baritones - the second mafia you don't believe exists.

I have been thinking and was prompted by someone that also voted for me. The ninja mafia scum is alive and to only convict that person is through conviction.

I actually agree that there is a real threat of a ninja. I listened very carefully to Agent Sky's last words too.

I refer to our honourable man, Agent Sky who have warned our dear Ivan of some warning signs. Understanding that the FBI is now following a track and looking for the Russian Mafia which have now successfully infiltrated among us. Below is the quote of what Agent Sky had mentioned.

"Ivan," Agent Sky said calmly, "The danger is very real, and it's growing all the time. The Russian Mafia has been recruiting citizens here at an alarming rate. The crime rate is very high and citizens, once again, are leaving this town. It's all around you. You must see it! And they're getting harder to track, Ivan. Our agents have lost track of some of the goons they were following. One has become almost completely undetect..."

snip

Next, among the Russian Mafia family, there is one crafty and sly character which is almost completely undetectable. I remembered reading many books before, it also meant that the character owns the similar Ninja affiliated ability and our dear investigator might very much likely get a positive reading of that secretive character as townie upon investigation. I do safely think that person is one of a low probable hit rate since we got more townies among us. Then again, please do not forget about this vital point.

You were keen to bring it to our attention back then, too. But we disagree on something. I have been saying for some time that I feared we were facing more than one mafia threat, and I'm not the only one. You are quite adamant that this cannot be the case:

Fourth point

The 2 family scum theory sounds to me like a complete SHAM to confuse all of us. If there is truly a second family out there, shouldn't those scums be working together or at least reveal out the second family existence during those recent convictions or killings. I find it extremely hard to swallow and believe.

Even though Agent Sky, indeed a man of integrity also says:

"It's very important," Agent Sky said calmly as he stood, "It's extremely possible that there's more than..."

I have a dreadful feeling you are manipulating us with your recent revelation regarding the ninja, but as I said, because of Agent Sky's words I do believe one exists, and I doubt we've found them yet. I'm just still not sure it whether it is Dmitri or not - can anyone else verify that Nika was indeed trying to target Dmitri?

We may have killed a Baritone already, this cursed penalty for not voting conceals the alliances of the deceased. I'm surprised we haven't found one of them already (well, I guess we have if Dmitri is right).

I do wonder, though... is an investigator, in cases like these, allowed to know what family the scum they investigated is? Dmitri claims he found out that Wilem is a Baritone, but wouldn't he just get Town or Scum?

vote tally

Wilem (WhiteFang): 8 votes (Sandy, JimButcher, Dragonator, def, Rick, CallMePieOrDie, Captain Tamamono, Brickdoctor)

Dmitri (Dragonator): 2 votes (WhiteFang, iamded)

*Red signifies a conviction has been reached.

24 hours remain in Day Six. If you have no intention of changing your vote, please get your Night Actions in ASAP. The sooner I can get the next day thread together, the faster the game can progress. Thank you.

Maybe anyone who tries to kill him at night ends up getting killed themselves.

Since when is a ninja protected at night? It normally refers to not being able to be tracked or watched at night. Whereas if Wilem is speaking the truth, there is a real threat Dmitri can't be killed at night (either through a vest or by some other means), I'm still afraid we're mixing things up here.

Like maybe if Ruxana had used her revolver (we're assuming it's her's right?)

And why exactly are we assuming that again?

Also, you still haven't told me why you think Vera was scum (don't tell me it's a 'gut feeling' again).

I do wonder, though... is an investigator, in cases like these, allowed to know what family the scum they investigated is? Dmitri claims he found out that Wilem is a Baritone, but wouldn't he just get Town or Scum?

That is quite weird. Dmitri, what can you tell us about your results so far? Did they say town, or innocent, or not guilty, or what? And this result said Baritone?

My previous results have all said Town, while this result said Baritones Mafia. I can only assume that in a situation with more than one family, it isn't as simple as town or scum, as there are two completely different scum alignments.

Since when is a ninja protected at night? It normally refers to not being able to be tracked or watched at night. Whereas if Wilem is speaking the truth, there is a real threat Dmitri can't be killed at night (either through a vest or by some other means), I'm still afraid we're mixing things up here.

I seem to remember that the only way a ninja can be killed is through is a lynch.

And why exactly are we assuming that again?

Because, the gun that Ruxana probably killed Petr with (assuming it wasn't just a crazy coincidence) was a revolver - a gun we have only seen once. It must have either been hers or one of Stan's items.

Also, you still haven't told me why you think Vera was scum (don't tell me it's a 'gut feeling' again).

No, it's not a gut feeling. :laugh: She was extremely quiet. Now, I know what you're going to say; "Sarah was quiet too". That may be true, but plenty of people are quiet on Days 1 and 2. However, when you get into Days 4, 5, and 6, the ones that are still incredibly quiet are ones to look out for.

My previous results have all said Town, while this result said Baritones Mafia. I can only assume that in a situation with more than one family, it isn't as simple as town or scum, as there are two completely different scum alignments.

That's strange. Maybe you'd get Russian Mafia if you investigated one of them?

I'm still thinking Wilem is making up crap to save himself, but I may be wrong.

I can make better crap and fool all of you, if I am a scum, because I had all of the necessary information in my hand to forge whatever story I want, but as a townie, I can only inclined to share based on whatever I know.

I am the person who suggested to Wilem the possibility of Dmitri being a ninja.

I told you so, that I will take it seriously of all possibilities. At least, I appreciate that you came out to let the rest know.

You were keen to bring it to our attention back then, too. But we disagree on something. I have been saying for some time that I feared we were facing more than one mafia threat, and I'm not the only one. You are quite adamant that this cannot be the case:

I am almost certain there is no second mafia... If there is truly a second family out there, there is nothing that we can look forward to anymore...

As rubbish as it sounds... Either "scum" or "townie"... Nice attempt to make the rest more confused than ever before...

Tomorrow, you will be nailed.. And, I pray all of the sane townies (if any remaining) to nail this piece of crap down to the wall.

Well, now the truth of why people are keen on lynching Dmitri (over Denis for instance) is coming out: he was the target for a grenade, but the grenade failed. I would actually think it's extremely suspicious for someone to escape from death in this way, except for one thing. The grenade not only failed to kill Dmitri, but killed Nika in the process. It's quite unlikely in my opinion that an action failing because the target is protected would backfire on the sender. If the poisoner had targeted Dmitri, wouldn't he have died instead then? No, it points to a defective grenade -- of scum origin probably, if it didn't come from Stanislav.

Tomorrow, you will be nailed.. And, I pray all of the sane townies (if any remaining) to nail this piece of crap down to the wall.

While we will do so with without using such dirty vocabulary, if you turn up to be town (which I'm starting to doubt) we will certainly honour your last wish.

As far as the grenade goes, has anyone else wondered why there was no mafia kill that night? Has anyone even considered the possibility that Dmitri is the killer, and targeted Nika at the same time she targeted him? Our God sometimes has a strange sense of humor, and I would have no doubt that instead of a Tommy Gun kill God willed Nika to die by explosion.

As far as the grenade goes, has anyone else wondered why there was no mafia kill that night? Has anyone even considered the possibility that Dmitri is the killer, and targeted Nika at the same time she targeted him? Our God sometimes has a strange sense of humor, and I would have no doubt that instead of a Tommy Gun kill God willed Nika to die by explosion.

I'm still under the impression there was a conversion, and as ridiculous and cruel as our God is, I don't think he'd make Nika explode unless she was really supposed.

I'm still under the impression there was a conversion, and as ridiculous and cruel as our God is, I don't think he'd make Nika explode unless she was really supposed.

I must disagree with you, I think the family(ies) have been converting all along, and have a hitman in addition to a Godfather who can convert. And why not? If you've seen the film Werewolf, Harriet, someone who imagine God to be similar to, was anxious to see an explosion.

Also, if Dmitri is the investigator, why hasn't he been killed yet? Supposedly the vest only prevents one kill, but I'd think if he were telling the truth, he'd be a dangerous threat to the scum and killed right away.

This combined with all of the other reasoning we've seen so far today forces me to change my vote.

Unvote: Wilem (WhiteFang)

Vote: Dmitri (Dragonator)

Also, if Dmitri is the investigator, why hasn't he been killed yet? Supposedly the vest only prevents one kill, but I'd think if he were telling the truth, he'd be a dangerous threat to the scum and killed right away.

He said he was bulletproof. I don't recall anything about preventing only one kill.

And if the families have been converting more than once apiece, how the hell haven't we lost yet? :hmpf:

I still stand for my vote against Wilem.

That's a possibility. However, I think we would have at least seen 'a dark figure' coming towards Nika's remains with a gun.

I must disagree with you, I think the family(ies) have been converting all along, and have a hitman in addition to a Godfather who can convert. And why not? If you've seen the film Werewolf, Harriet, someone who imagine God to be similar to, was anxious to see an explosion.

This combined with all of the other reasoning we've seen so far today forces me to change my vote.

Unvote: Wilem (WhiteFang)

Vote: Dmitri (Dragonator)

Also, why did Dmitri get Baritone Mafia when he investigated Wilem? It just doesn't make sense. :sceptic: I'm not going to change my vote yet, because a split vote is the last thing we need, but I'll definitely think about it.

He said he was bulletproof. I don't recall anything about preventing only one kill.

And if the families have been converting more than once apiece, how the hell haven't we lost yet? :hmpf:

I still stand for my vote against Wilem.

You know, the whole 'bulletproof' business could very well be a lie by Dmitri to give an explanation if someone tries to kill him and fails.

If the families have been converting more that once apiece, then it's likely already mafia vs. mafia vs. small group of townies. Each mafia has to kill the other one as well.