Sign in to follow this  
Delta62

Star Trek Med Evac Shuttle

Hey there,

Its been a while since I posted a moc here so therefore I present to you my latest moc from Star Trek XI, a Med-Evac style Shuttle. I havnt seen any Star Trek moc's here lately so I thought I give it a brave try. As Star Trek XI happens to be one of my favorite movies, I've always wanted to make a mini fig scale shuttle from it. It was rather chalenging with the angles but somehow mannaged to pull though. Thankfully the Art of Star Trek Book provided excellent refrences for the interior but I also tried to make it my own design. The roof was the most difficult part because I wanted it to open up so you can acsess the inside for play. I know the outside is kind of boring, it was mostly made for playability. The front as you can see opens up so you can have acsess to the cockpit. It was origionally planned to have two doors but it ended up with one instead due to limited hinges. Oh well, hopefully I'll be able to resuply my self with hinges next time. Anyway, enjoy! C&C are most welcome too.

Heres the photos and link to the gallery. I hope the folder is made public soon.

Outside

064.jpg

The Engines

067.jpg

The Cockpit

079.jpg

Opened Roof

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=5170413

Top View

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=5170414

Link to gallery:

Star Trek Med Evac Shuttle

Ahhhhh, how did that happen? *huh* lol. I ment the title to be Star Trek Med Evac Shuttle. How do you change the titile?

Edited by WhiteFang
Update of topic title

Nice work on that sloped front and love that cockpit interior. *wants too watch star trek now* :sweet: Though the outside hull plating is rather plain due to playability, I think you should look into this.

Thanks, glad you liked it. Yeah, I plan to redo the outside next time to make it look better.

Hello!

Indeed, Star Trek models are a bit rare lately, but that is nothing to worry about. I think Star Trek models have always been more rarely posted in the past. :classic:

Nonetheless, you created an excellent shuttle here, with the joining front wedge plates being my favourite technique. :classic: It's also great to see the Star Wars Death Star trench screen in a Star Trek creation. :wink: Now you should try to create some nice Star Trek minifigures to pilot the shuttle. :classic:

Cheers,

~ Christopher

It's also great to see the Star Wars Death Star trench screen in a Star Trek creation. :wink:

Nah, it's the inside of a unknown Borg vessel... :tongue:

Indeed, Star Trek models are a bit rare lately, but that is nothing to worry about. I think Star Trek models have always been more rarely posted in the past. default_classic.gif

Correct!

So it's nice to see a good MOC from the Star Trek universe. :wub:

Well done, Delta62!

Now I finally can leave the Voyager for a day trip...

Thanks, glad you guys liked it. I have some old mini figs that could use a new paint job so perhaps I will make a crew for the shuttle.