Sign in to follow this  
Tomcat RIO

"La Bleu Vengeance"

Hi all I recently bought a built up QAR, loved the ship's sail design but dislike the bones. So, I thought of making up a storyline to capture the QAR, have it torn down and rebuilt into a new ship, for the bluecoats of course :)

La Bleu Vengeance carries a 5 gun broadside, and is built in the same colour scheme as my Caribbean Sea Dragon, and the Clippers. I'm not sure of the piece count but it should be around 5-700. I added a clip and bar technique for the sloping sides in a humble imitation. My next ship will probably be the 4184 black pearl, and adopt the CGH full frigate method.

Ok less talking and more pictures, the first few will be a battle story, the close up shots of the ship will be further down, perhaps post 6,7,8. I will have commentaries where I have things to highlight. This is my 2nd attempt at a comicventure so I am still improving.

DSCN7550.jpg

DSCN7551.jpg

DSCN7552.jpg

DSCN7554.jpg

DSCN7556.jpg

a line up of zombie and human crew

DSCN7557.jpg

DSCN7558.jpg

Black Beard, scorge of the East Caribbean at this time

DSCN7561.jpg

DSCN7560.jpg

fix bayonets, get them!

DSCN7562.jpg

the clipper has also recieved damage!

DSCN7563.jpg

DSCN7564.jpg

DSCN7565.jpg

DSCN7566.jpg

DSCN7567.jpg

DSCN7568.jpg

Meanwhile, atop the crows nest, a sniper takes aim!

DSCN7570.jpg

DSCN7569.jpg

the human crew have mutinied!

DSCN7571.jpg

DSCN7572.jpg

DSCN7573.jpg

DSCN7574.jpg

DSCN7575.jpg

DSCN7580.jpg

Zoom!

DSCN7581.jpg

DSCN7583.jpg

DSCN7584.jpg

DSCN7586.jpg

DSCN7587.jpg

DSCN7588.jpg

DSCN7589.jpg

DSCN7590.jpg

QAR stripped down to the hulls

DSCN7591.jpg

All the spares left over from the rebuild

DSCN7592.jpg

And with the spares, Black Beard shall have revenge - stay tuned

DSCN7593.jpg

Introducing The Blue Vengeance, version 1

DSCN7609.jpg

"Many years after, And on the parade square of Fort Marlin, a parade is celebrated"

DSCN7596.jpg

DSCN7598.jpg

DSCN7599.jpg

DSCN7600.jpg

Attention!

DSCN7601.jpg

DSCN7602.jpg

a ceremonial guard with the double 'u' clips from brickarms.

DSCN7603.jpg

this is getting kinda boring, eh?

DSCN7604.jpg

DSCN7606.jpg

DSCN7607.jpg

Now I go to the ship proper!

overall pics

DSCN7608.jpg

DSCN7609-1.jpg

this is version 2 after a sea-worthyness trial. I extended the height of the 1st main mast by 3 round bricks and changed the sail position to a higher one. As you can see most of the sails and masts are copied wholesale from the QAR's.

DSCN7647.jpg

DSCN7648.jpg

DSCN7649.jpg

DSCN7651.jpg

DSCN7652.jpg

DSCN7611.jpg

5 cannon broadside

DSCN7654.jpg

Maby the colours are a bit too bright for my taste, but i like it. I also have modifeded my QAR a bit, it ha two turnale fore guns and 4 guns on the sides, making it total of 10 gun ship, also added a deck where they can walk. But i wish to modifed it a bit when i can, i am panning to change th railing of it and re-build the stern. even at i dont have any ideas how to do that, i just want to get rid of t bone pieces.

But your ship looks very good, and the comic was great. (Even at i didnt read it almoust at all :pir-grin: ) Good work.

Captain Becker

DSCN7632.jpg

the entire slab can be flipped

DSCN7631.jpg

close up of the hinge that attaches to the hull's side

DSCN7630.jpg

the pillar and tile rest to support the main deck

DSCN7629.jpg

the cannon and tiled gun deck, with red bricks to keep the cannon mounts in place as they slide from the recoil

DSCN7628.jpg

the main deck removed.

DSCN7627.jpg

the deck rails, modified from the QAR's many clips and bones. I think i might have seen this technique here, but too many ship pictures later I have forgotten who and what ship. If you pioneered the technique i thank you, if not feel free my fellow shipbuilders to adopt or even improve!

DSCN7612.jpg

the deck stand for the raft launch.

DSCN7614.jpg

the mast head, made from gold and yellow pieces

DSCN7610.jpg

Captain becker - thanks for the feedback and comments! I was just about getting to post the stern when you commented. Agree that the colours are too colourful to be a military ship (compared to IFS for example). And too many bones on the QAR - I lent a few to a friend and using the rest to make a bone t-rex moc!

More on the deck, the stairs, and the rails added.

DSCN7613.jpg

moving up to the poop deck, I wanted to keep this as similar to the Clipper and my Sea Dragon as possible

DSCN7615.jpg

rear of the poop deck. Pennant attached to a trident

DSCN7616.jpg

the poop deck is modular and can be removed

DSCN7619.jpg

the bottom of the cabin, built with 2x2 slopes

DSCN7618.jpg

quick view of the cabin, much of the stuff is shifted from La Flaga's bunk back on the Sea Dragon, his bunkmates are happier as he has quite a lot of stuff. Other familiar furniture includes a bed from MMV, and the globe and ship in a bottle from POTC

DSCN7620.jpg

DSCN7621.jpg

how i made the globe stand, it can spin! Using some technic pin and locking knobs

DSCN7594.jpg

DSCN7595.jpg

DSCN7625.jpg

to make the slope incline of the cabin's rear, i used another clip technique.

DSCN7622.jpg

the entire panel can technically shift outwards, but is blocked by the cabin railings

DSCN7623.jpg

a door allows the admiral to exit the cabin, onto the private stern deck and enjoy some breeze

DSCN7624.jpg

La Flaga's pet owl and bonsai plants

DSCN7634.jpg

Of course, we Bluecoats need to wash and air our laundry to keep those whites nice!

DSCN7633.jpg

the entire cabin can be removed, also a modular

DSCN7626.jpg

A comparison with the redcoat IFS

DSCN7635.jpg

and with my older MOC the Sea Dragon, which is now relegated to a fleet flagship/ Marines landing assault ship, tasked with coastal bombardment rather than ship-ship fighting (although it probably can do it well)

DSCN7636.jpg

DSCN7637.jpg

The rest of the fleet lined up

DSCN7638.jpg

DSCN7639.jpg

The Redcoats be running! against such overwhelming numbers

DSCN7640.jpg

DSCN7641.jpg

I used King George Officer as the new captain of the IFS, the original blue version has turned to the blue coat side! " We shall run now to fight another day with reinforcements!" - I am quite excited as I have 2 redcoat sloops still being built in progress. They will balance out the numbers

DSCN7642.jpg

And i realised a thing with the blue sails of the original clipper. 2 of the ships have white band as the center, my 3rd one has a blue band as the center. Anybody could explain if it is from different country packaging - eg europe and US/global export difference?

DSCN7643.jpg

the fleet sails out!

DSCN7646.jpg

DSCN7644.jpg

DSCN7645.jpg

Thank you all for the patience, the thread may have too many pictures for some. it's time again for me to start building the port and Fort Marlin proper. With enough docks to house this massive fleet I hope.

Have you made some of your sails? Because ithink you must have been in somepoint.

This ship turned out far better than your first ship Sea Dragon IMO. Im intrested to see the two sloops you are going to build for us Redcoats, and i would try to make Dragon still a bit seeker looking, especially for the cabin. Great fleet you have there anyway.

Captain Becker

EDIT: One more question. How is this possible? I mean how you got the hat on top of the hair.

DSCN7606.jpg

Edited by Captain Becker

Have you made some of your sails? Because ithink you must have been in somepoint.

This ship turned out far better than your first ship Sea Dragon IMO. Im intrested to see the two sloops you are going to build for us Redcoats, and i would try to make Dragon still a bit seeker looking, especially for the cabin. Great fleet you have there anyway.

Captain Becker

EDIT: One more question. How is this possible? I mean how you got the hat on top of the hair.

Thank you Cptn Becker, I Agree with you on the Sea Dragon, I'm taking apart the stern and rebuilding it to be lower and sloped incline. She has alot of parts that are excessive and my Fort needs those parts!

As for the qui-Gonn junn hairpiece(mr gibbs) and the bicorme, I sawed off the top of the hair piece, sanded it smooth contours and glued it to the bicorme. It is attached to the head via the bicorme. I leave some space allowance for the scabbard holder and the yellow epaulette. Inspired by some of the MOCs I saw on minifig customization forum.