Sign in to follow this  
Skrytsson

MOC: HP - Horcrux cave

I am a fan of Harry Potter. Probably will the Lego-theme be disontinued very soon, now when all the movies have been released. Therefore I think it is a good opportunity to create a Harry Potter MOC.

The scene I have created is my favorite HP-moment of all time: the Horcrux cave. Dumbledore are being forced to drink a poison so strong that he begs Harry to KILL him. I think that is a scary moment, since Dunmbledore has always been a stable, calm and powerful character.

Even though Dumbledore is very weak for the moment, he succeed to rise and create a firestorm in order to save Harry from the zombie creatures.

Hope you like the creation :wink:

Do also feel free to take a look on my Flick

6086885277_f78f72f6b0_z.jpg

6087432386_42d8fae31a.jpg

6087433974_0cc4de881e.jpg

6087435650_a863b51c44.jpg

6087437352_cf6c392e5d.jpg

6086893749_940c040cc1.jpg

6086895197_67604687a0.jpg

6086896669_142b6d1650.jpg

6087443634_43d9ee8d01.jpg

6087444954_c2336f6498_z.jpg

6087446374_1b4441388d.jpg

6086903017_dcdd5fe703.jpg

6087449724_e79760b951.jpg

6086906113_bc7ccbdf6a.jpg

6086907727_0e8b099348.jpg

Reference pictures:

the-cave-of-awful1.jpg

dumbledore-hbp-cave.jpg

Dumbledore_Creating_Fire_Lasso.gif

OMG, I'm speechless. At first I thought this's a well done MOC then the fire picture makes me speechless. So bad-megablocks, man. Great MOC :thumbup: .

I agree, the fire pics set this apart. I liked seeing the scene progress.

I laughed at Dumbledore's mad scientist hair. :laugh:

Like a few others, when I saw the first pictures I was "mmewh, It's alright, nice blue bricks" But then the fire and the inferi came in and I was b-l-o-w-n away! I love that you used these trans-orange wings and Dumbledore's hair is hilarious! :grin: But ingenious I have to admitt!

The "Island" itself is wonderfully executed! And that is a big bunch of transparent bricks indeed! As much as I loved your depiction of the potion's bowl, simple yet effective, I would have preferred some color variation! I believe that you made this based on the movie, so I wasn't expectinga green glowing potion like in the book, but a dark black/purple like drink would have been accurate in my opinion. Then again, I don't see anyway of doing it, except maybe replacing that dish brick by another colored one. I like that you used a glass though, and not a weird seashell-shaped cup placed on top of the basin like in the movie. the ring of fire also rocks! A true shame that LEGO stopped making these hooked fire piece, because you just gave us proof of how useful they can be and how awesome the look!

Great job overall, black inferi is a great idea too and the fire is defentaly the big + of this creation :thumbup:

Keep on casting fire! :tongue:

Edited by Geertos13

Oh wow, what an amazing creation! Beauty sometimes lies in simplicity, I must say. Wonderful job!

I think that this is really a great moc. This scene full of movement is very difficoult to be built, and you did it with a large attention to details.

Will be ver difficoult for someoone do something better than this!

I was pretty impressed by just that first picture. All that cheese! It was a simple build, yet really accurate to the movie. Then you busted out that fire and the MOC leapt up to awesome! It was a great scene(watched HBP just last night). Great job recreating an awesome moment from the movie.

Awesome! I love what you made with the trans wings and Dumbledore's hair. I can only miss a more accurate boat, except for that it's perfect.

This made me re-watch that scene :classic: I think you pretty much covered every part possible,great job with that, looking forward to seeing some more :laugh:

Edited by Red Bricks

Hello!

An amazing scene! You captured the spirit of this particular setting perfectly! Your skills in creating fire and water are fantastic. :classic:

Cheers,

~ Christopher

Love it! The fire is done perfectly, and Dumbledore's hair is both accurate and incredibly hilarious. Never would have thought to use that piece on him. One (rather picky) question: are black skeletons the best choice for Inferi? It's been a while since I've seen HBP, so I am not sure.

Awesome, very well done. I like the way you managed to display your MOC in different, consecutive sceneries to create a little story line.

Great MOC and fantastic pictures too. Really nicely done.

The black skeletons may not be entirely acurate but there are a lack of credible "Gollum" looking characters in the LEGO minigif world.

Amazing. Maybe trans-green bricks under the transparents would be great for the crystal cliff.

Excellent MOC, you have re-created the scene very well with some stunning details (and Dumbledore's hair)! Great job. :thumbup:

Fantastic job. Even my wife liked it and as ashamed as I am to say it she just isn't that into Lego.

Thank you everyone for your comments! I haven't seen the last ones untill now :classic:

but a dark black/purple like drink would have been accurate in my opinion. Then again, I don't see anyway of doing it, except maybe replacing that dish brick by another colored one. I like that you used a glass though, and not a weird seashell-shaped cup placed on top of the basin like in the movie.

Very interesting opinion. Maybe trans-dark blue? Or a stronger colour which makes it look very poisonous.

I'll have to wait untill another BL-order...

:classic:

Edited by Skrytsson