qwarek7

Galeon: Annaconna

thindexedgif.gif LDD 8B

Hello everybody, I´d like you to show my first huge ship-MOC, which I made with LDD. It´s the Galleon of Gavernor Roth: The Annaconna.

It´s my first ship and I sertainly would not have built it without the awesome tutorial of Captain Green Hair. Thank you.

It´s still a beta-version since most of the interiour like kitchen and Captains-cabin is missing and some other parts like the the stairs to the captains-cabin, but since I want to work on some other stuff right now I thought I upload it anyway.

I hope you like it and it would be great if you could help me out and tell me what you miss on that ship.

6087070016_8ac0b306c6_z.jpg

6086524967_7028df2948_z.jpg

6086524431_3839aef8ef_z.jpg

6086524243_6b1783d218_z.jpg

6086524637_f707e52b91_z.jpg

Here you find the lfx-file for LDD

lfx-file

Edited by qwarek7

Very nice galleon :thumbup:

Good job on the shape and colours. There's a nice curve in the hull and I like the 'headrails'.

The stern decorations often look a bit chaotic but yours look very structured.

The golden gunports are a nice touch as well.

What you could change IMO is remove the windows at the forecastle. As far as I know galleons didn't have them there.

Any plans to build this in real life?

EDIT: [bloggedcp][/bloggedcp]

very interesting and realistic vessel I like the gold designs in the back. however on my LDD I dont get many of the parts on your shop like the sails masts minifigures and hull parts and gold designs. what country are you from

very interesting and realistic vessel I like the gold designs in the back. however on my LDD I dont get many of the parts on your shop like the sails masts minifigures and hull parts and gold designs. what country are you from

I assume you mean the "design by me"-online shop connected to LDD. I made this ship in the extended mode of LDD (My link). Lego opend that mode for LDD-fans but doesn´t support it. So many of the parts and decorations you find there aren´t availible at the "design by me"-shop or the "pick a brick"-shop, or at least not in the same colors. I tried to make a colorsheme which isn´t too exotic and I believe that you can buy nearly all bricks in this model somewhere. But since I´m also kind of new to the community I´m not really sure.

Very nice galleon :thumbup:

Good job on the shape and colours. There's a nice curve in the hull and I like the 'headrails'.

The stern decorations often look a bit chaotic but yours look very structured.

The golden gunports are a nice touch as well.

What you could change IMO is remove the windows at the forecastle. As far as I know galleons didn't have them there.

Any plans to build this in real life?

EDIT: [bloggedcp][/bloggedcp]

Sweet. Nice technique on the stairs and the gold details at the back are fantastic.
very interesting and realistic vessel I like the gold designs in the back

Thank you very much. I´m very flattered that you like it. I´m a little proud you specificly liked all the stuff I´ve put the most attention to.

As for my plans of building it for real I definitly will build a ship some time. But unfortunatly all my lego melted 12 years ago when we had a fire in our house. So I at the moment don´t have any bricks at all. The thing is that I´m not 100% satisfied with the result. I made this ship on my old laptop, whose screen is broken. Unfortunatly it´s graphic card isn´t able to display widescreen resolutions so the picture on the external screen is always stretched. Even though I knew this, the ship turned out a little bit too high for my taste. However, I´ll buy a new computer soon and than hopefully be able to finish my LDD-island-MOC which I´m working on right now. And if that´s finished I most sertainly will build parts of it for real.

Edited by qwarek7

This is really a great looking galleon. And I really don't think it's too high. Only thing I'm not crazy about is how a plate was used for the side of the upper bow part. For the rest it's :thumbup:

Updated version of the Annaconna

A little update that fixes some of the flaws in the previous version. It also has some interiour now

6151545464_66108c442c_m.jpg

6150998547_88d61b5671_m.jpg

6151013453_b242b2a977_m.jpg

Thank you Bonaparte and William.

Now that I got used to it on a normal screen I also don´t find it too high anymore.

Bonaparte, I´m not quit sure which plate you mean. Is it one of the two marked below?

6151013561_1e75443b94.jpg