Sign in to follow this  
Fat Tony

WW Catagory 2: Big Thunder Mountain

6083595999_a8e9254611.jpg

Big Thunder Mountain 01 by Fat Tony 1138, on Flickr

The recent rash of mine robberies across the country has led Honest Abe and his team of heroes

to Big Thunder Mountain.

6084141862_393d296fb9.jpg

Big Thunder Mountain 12 by Fat Tony 1138, on Flickr

6083596403_a7487fca12.jpg

Big Thunder Mountain 03 by Fat Tony 1138, on Flickr

Here they find the Rowdy Doody Gang in the process of stealing all the dynamite!

Honest Abe and John Henry attempt to stop Rowdy Doody and Mr. Greenjeans from getting away aboard

the mine train filled with the dynamite.

6083596649_c856606a80.jpg

Big Thunder Mountain 04 by Fat Tony 1138, on Flickr

Meanwhile Ulysses, Geronimo and Tommy Edison work to rescue a lone hostage, the old prospector

"Kangaroo" Gus and his mule Mickey.

6084268992_5c6d1566f9.jpg

Big Thunder Mountain 13 by Fat Tony 1138, on Flickr

Finding themselves pinned down, Buffalo Bob tells Cobb to send in his pet, Zeke the black bear.

Friday continues loading his pistol while Rogers attempts to climb the skeleton for a better shot.

6083597093_95e8675faf.jpg

Big Thunder Mountain 06 by Fat Tony 1138, on Flickr

Ulysses wants Geronimo to shoot the bear with his rifle but he refuses. Instead Geronimo attempts

to use his mystical shaman powers to commune with the bear and explain that they mean it no harm.

Mickey the mule doesn't care for the approach of the bear and begins bucking in an attempt to escape.

Brave Ulysses, always the impulsive one, decides now is the time to make his charge as Tommy

Edison covers him with his trusty slingshot.

6084141590_bb77daaced.jpg

Big Thunder Mountain 11 by Fat Tony 1138, on Flickr

Can Abe and his team stop the run away train, prevent the dynamite from detonating, round up the Rowdy

Doody Gang, rescue "Kangaroo" Gus, calm down poor Mickey the mule, and avoid being mauled by a bear?!

Tune in next time!

More pictures here!

That's fantastic! I've forwarded the link on to a buddy of mine that works with Tony Baxter (the Imagineer that designed BTRR). I'll let you know what he says!

p.s. He LOVES the Temple of the Forbidden Eye diorama you made too. :-)

While not a town per se, I really like this MOC. Your rocky spire is beautifully rendered. I really like the different browns and tans you've mixed in to create layers of rock. Smaller humorous elements like the goat with the dynamite and the scene with the bear and mule really help keep the scene exciting. The track design is also quite innovative. My favourite element is the shed (entrance to the mine?) that the train is exiting. The mixture of different greys and small bit of tan really suggest a weathered surface. It really does look like old dried out wood. For some reason, the roof of the shed doesn't quite do it for me. The upturned shingles seem a bit too pronounced IMO. Overall this is a really amazing piece of work.

One other thing; with all the snap hinges you've incorporated into the build, how stable is she?

Ba-ha-ha! The Rowdy Doody Gang! That's great!

Nicely crafted MOC (love the donkey) and enjoyable narrations. A job well done! :thumbup:

The dinosaur skeleton is a great touch.

:classic: :classic:

Thanks, it's based on the ride at Disneyland

That's fantastic! I've forwarded the link on to a buddy of mine that works with Tony Baxter (the Imagineer that designed BTRR). I'll let you know what he says!

p.s. He LOVES the Temple of the Forbidden Eye diorama you made too. :-)

Awesome! Thanks so much. Have you seen my Jungle Cruise?

One other thing; with all the snap hinges you've incorporated into the build, how stable is she?

As long as you don't have to move it, it's perfectly stable! The mountain itself removes in 2 sections and can be lifted off, carefuly.

WOW! I love Zeke, the black bear

Thanks, he was fun to design. I used this one as reference.

Very nice! Love the technique for the mountain. Also, the amount of detail is stunning! Very well done!

Thank you!

Ba-ha-ha! The Rowdy Doody Gang! That's great!

Nicely crafted MOC (love the donkey) and enjoyable narrations. A job well done! :thumbup:

Glad you enjoyed that. All the bad guys are named after kid's shows characters, who were not bad guys at all.

Edited by Fat Tony

Fantastic! I was thinking that it must be inspired by the ride at Disneyland, then I saw that it was *huh* . Very well done, the studs out build gives it a great texture.

I know I am a bit late (Seeing as the last post was made September), but I am wondering Fat Tony, may I share this with the MiceChat Forums and community? MiceChat is an entire website devoted to the Disney Parks and Geeks, and this is a really awesome find! I want to share this creation with them, because it really does deserve more views in my opinion. I'll give full credit and give links to both this forum post AND Flickr gallery.

EDIT: Wow...I mean... WOW, I just looked at the rest of your sets, and I have to say, I am absolutely stunned. I am a Disney Geek and I feel the need to share this with others. With your permission, may I share these with the MiceChat community? I'll give full credit and all the links. These creations need to be spread man!

Second EDIT: Anything else you got Disney? Looking through your posts and so far I have also founds a PotC diorama of the well scene. So much Disney, it makes my head spin :tongue:

Edited by Brickstarrunner