Sign in to follow this  
Stardusty

[MOC] 1:120 X-wing

Feel free to consider it a teaser for my 1:40 X-wing WIP project. I wanted to build and X-wing, so I've finnaly made one.

Also, I would like to thank Fallenangel309 for providing me with some very usefull links, that are helpfull no matter

in what scale you're making an X-wing.

1:120 X-wing

6083363057_a78aa67cc1_z.jpg

1:120 X-wing by hrcywindu, on Flickr

I know I've made rear end and cockpit wrong, but this time I wanted cool look, not acuracy.

It's to small to nitpick on every detail (what I almost did).

I promise that my minifig scale X-wing will be the most acuratte one you've ever seen.

I hope you like it!

Please C&C!

EDIT: I should really visit EB SW blog more often. Thanks for blogging!

Edited by Stardusty

Nice work! :thumbup: Despite any inaccuraces, it's got a sleek, clean look to it. Love the hexagonal back.

W-W-...Wicked! I love it. I'm not skilled enough as Brickdoctor to spot any inaccuries, so for me it looks perfectly accurate. :tongue: One of the best Mini X-wings I've seen. Good job!

Edited by Hollander

Very Very nice Stardusty. Some very clever techniques in there. As for accuracy the rear panel is actually quite good, I mean it's hexagonal right. The only problem I have is the wings appear a bit too thick. Oh and the guns extend the correct length up to the start of the block at the end of the nose.

Thank you for your comments.

Oh and the guns extend the correct length up to the start of the block at the end of the nose.

I got the guns right, actually, but it isn't visible very well on this pictures. I think I have picture of it.

They extend all the way to the 1x1 tile behind the nose (that's white, since I don't have LBG cheese slopes). :wink:

Edited by Stardusty

I got the gusn right, actually

I know I was complementing you on it, my wording may have been a little off though :wink:.

What can I say, Stardusty. This is just awesome. Very nicely done. This is the best mini X-wing I've seen in my entire life.

I'm looking forwrad to your minifig scale one. Based on the WIP I saw at your place, you are telling the truth: It's really going to be the most accurate one.. ever!

The whole moc is astonishing , but I will agree with BrickDoctor on the back part being the best.

Edited by Troopmaker

Stardusty, I'd like to congratulate you on making a great MINI. :thumbup: I've always felt that having just the right mix of detail and shaping was one of the hardest things about making MINI models, but you've pulled that off very nicely.

I like that even at this small scale, you've managed to include certain major details such as the hexagonal cross-section of the rear fuselage and the length of the laser cannons. Plenty of NPU here as well - it's great what you've done with the flick-fire missile and the clip light plate (and are those pneumatic T-pieces holding the wings together?).

It is true that the wings seem a tad too thick and that the rear and canopy are somewhat off, as you mentioned, but I think that this way it allows for a sleeker and more detailed overall appearance. Nice work. :classic:

Very nice, I'm really impressed how you packed this X-Wing with all the interesting and accurate details considering it's in mini-scale. Great job! :thumbup:

I'm glad you like it!

...(and are those pneumatic T-pieces holding the wings together?).

Yes, yes they are. :classic:

That was only choice I had, and it works really good (although wings can fall-off while changing the S-foil mode).

I'm a fan of Logo's 30051 mini x-wing, but yours is far superior. The hexagonal rear section is great but what I really like is how the top wing's connection doubles as the greebly area at the back. Love it :thumbup: