Sign in to follow this  
gingerling

10182 question

This is my first post so I hope I am in the correct section.

I sold this set a few years ago and greatly regret it now.

Mainly due to how much it goes for these days.

So my question.

Would it be cheaper and easy to find all the part to build this set rather than paying ebays inflated prices?

It would be cheaper to buy all the pieces from bricklink than paying for it on ebay. The only problem is getting the roof pieces. That is the challenge, because I heard on a similar post like this that they never have them in stock or something. So the people had to make custom roofs, or have it as a whole different colorway. Hopefully that helped, but i'm sure someone else will inform you better than me. :classic:

It would be cheaper to buy all the pieces from bricklink than paying for it on ebay. The only problem is getting the roof pieces. That is the challenge, because I heard on a similar post like this that they never have them in stock or something. So the people had to make custom roofs, or have it as a whole different colorway. Hopefully that helped, but i'm sure someone else will inform you better than me. :classic:

My understanding is that the roof pieces are becoming easier to get since some are in the Pet Shop and thus they are back in production. The hardest thing to track down now are the 5-stud high doors and the dark blue arches. Still, as The Blue Brick says, it is cheaper to piece it out with Bricklink.

I actually built this set by piece mail. If you decide to do that, I have extra dark red slopes for the roof, and the dark blue arches needed for the set.

I actually built this set by piece mail. If you decide to do that, I have extra dark red slopes for the roof, and the dark blue arches needed for the set.

I've pieced this kit out via bricklink and paid about $300 - $400 Australian for it.

It's far cheaper than the 800 - 1000 bucks for one from ebay or complete kit.

I got it for Christmas so I got it complete.

I would have to agree though that bricklink is your best bet.

I am bricklinking this set right now. I ordered dark brown

roof bricks instead of dark red. Also I ordered a grey arch

instead of dark blue. It'll be a lot cheaper that way.

Agreed.

See my post here in regards to my quest to build a Market Street:

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=51307

If you want a building that resembles the original, you can save A LOT of money buy substituting similar colors or similar parts that together function the same.

Good luck!

Locutis

I used the exact same fix for the blue arch.

There were NONE for sale on bricklink when i tried to find some.

Hey Guys,

I am working on the 10182 to cause i really want it badly, but now i have 2 questions:

1) The roof pieces, arent we able to order them trought http://us.service.lego.com/en-US/replacementparts/default.aspx ? if i press set number 10218 (pet shop) there, i can select te roof top.

2) You guys say there arent any blue arch on bricklink, am i doing something wrong cause it seems to be massed here ? : http://www.bricklink.com/search.asp?q=Dark+Blue+Brick%2C+Arch+1+x+5+x+4+

Thx in advance guys.

I've peiced this kit out via bricklink and paid about $300 - $400 australain for it.

It's far cheaper than the 800 - 1000 bucks for one from ebay or complete kit.

So what's stopping people from piecing it together and then selling for 800-1000 bucks? Time and effort? The fact that very few people will buy a $150 set for 5x the price and it's hard to sell?

So what's stopping people from piecing it together and then selling for 800-1000 bucks? Time and effort? The fact that very few people will buy a $150 set for 5x the price and it's hard to sell?

I haven't checked eBay lately. From what I've seen, those prices are for either sealed sets, or with the box and instructions. So, piecing it together as you say, IMO, wouldn't get those prices due to no box and/or instructions.

Hey Guys,

I am working on the 10182 to cause i really want it badly, but now i have 2 questions:

1) The roof pieces, arent we able to order them trought http://us.service.lego.com/en-US/replacementparts/default.aspx ? if i press set number 10218 (pet shop) there, i can select te roof top.

2) You guys say there arent any blue arch on bricklink, am i doing something wrong cause it seems to be massed here ? : http://www.bricklink.com/search.asp?q=Dark+Blue+Brick%2C+Arch+1+x+5+x+4+

Thx in advance guys.

1) This is a service for missing parts. You could probably abuse the service to get roof pieces, but my guess is that somebody will smell the fuse if you try to tell them that you're missing 36 of them...

2) I don't believe that's the particular arch in question. This is. The cheapest used one is $9.69, and the cheapest new one is $18.41. While you only need one for Café Corner, you'd need five for Market Street - which makes it quite expensive...

After seeing this thread I decided to do some research on Brickink to see the cost of buying each part and you can get most of the pieces for 10182 as well as 10190 at or below MSRP. However, as stated previously, some parts are rare and that will bring the price above the MSRP, but still far lower than the eBay price and even the Bricklink set prices...I may do it when I get some extra money. I refuse to ever pay those ridiculous, near criminal prices for a complete set... :grin:

Edited by typo

1) This is a service for missing parts. You could probably abuse the service to get roof pieces, but my guess is that somebody will smell the fuse if you try to tell them that you're missing 36 of them...

2) I don't believe that's the particular arch in question. This is. The cheapest used one is $9.69, and the cheapest new one is $18.41. While you only need one for Café Corner, you'd need five for Market Street - which makes it quite expensive...

It probably wouldn't be that noticeable if you used black or dark bluish grey if you didn't want to spend 20 bucks on one piece. The other dark blue half arches are under the stairs and you can't even see those.

Doesn't using the Service just add the pieces and quantities to the Pick-a-Brick store anyways so why would LEGO care how much you buy?

Well since I have 2 nephews I bought 2 of the 8757 Visorak Battle Ram . I replaced the dark blue arches with grey ones and gave it to them to play with. So now I had enough arches for CC And market Street. Worked out good for me

1) i dont want them for free, cant i just buy them from there? i dont know how that works :(

2) aah thats the arch, darn exspencive indeed, but it has to happen.

I haven't checked eBay lately. From what I've seen, those prices are for either sealed sets, or with the box and instructions. So, piecing it together as you say, IMO, wouldn't get those prices due to no box and/or instructions.

Exactly, people only want them mint, sealed, in box, with instructions.

For us bricklinkers, theres no such luck.

...SNIP...

When I go onto that service, and search the Cafe Corner, it doesn't show me those slope pieces.

Could it be that they took it off, or do they show only certain parts to certain countries?

Locutis

When I go onto that service, and search the Cafe Corner, it doesn't show me those slope pieces.

Could it be that they took it off, or do they show only certain parts to certain countries?

Locutis

As i said in my previous post:

if you type set number 10218 (pet shop) there, you can select te roof pieces.

Is there any way to buy them from there, i dont want them for free

As i said in my previous post:

if you type set number 10218 (pet shop) there, you can select te roof pieces.

Is there any way to buy them from there, i dont want them for free

Use their phone number, they have really helpful people there, and yes they will charge you for the pieces normally. They are completely fine with people ordering higher numbers of pieces, they realize they are also providing a service for MOC'ers and people recreating sets, the guy I spoke literally said that whether you order from him or PaB it doesn't matter, the replacement service is slightly more expensive per piece, but they have flat rate shipping and better selection. I wouldn't want to speculate on it and buy hundreds of dark red slope pieces to sell on Bricklink at inflated pieces, as that probably could deplete their supply, and cause them to restrict their service, thus ruining it for everyone else.

Funny thing is though, sometimes even if you do say you want to pay, they will just give you the pieces for free, that's awesome customer service!

If lego know most of people are contacting them for the rare parts to recreate Cafe Corner and Market Street and not to sell on, why don't they just make them available on PAB at a reasonable price and this would bring down the over inflated prices for the parts on Bricklink?