Sign in to follow this  
Hinckley

Baritones 3: Day Five

001.jpg

In the early hours of the morning, a dark figure stalks Main St. in Moonlight. This figure is carrying a grenade, no-not an apple, and stalking someone they have found suspicious.

002.jpg

"How does this thing work?" The figure says, "It should be pretty simple. Just pull the p..."

003.jpg

Kaboom!

The grenade has backfired on the dark figure and blown her up instead.

004.jpg

The Cross-Dressing Construction Man is first on the scene. He runs downstairs after hearing the explosion and feeling the building shake.

"Oh my!" He exclaims, "It appears some sort of explosion has killed one of our firefighters!"

005.jpg

"I do believe it was Nika," Steve observes.

006.jpg

The remains of Nika (CorneliusMurdock) lay scattered along the sidewalk...

007.jpg

Ivan and Agent Veronica have come to the street to see what the commotion is about.

"Oh, how dreadful!" Cries Agent Veronica.

"Oh, Nika. Poor girl," Ivan says.

008.jpg

Suddenly the whole town arrives at the same exact time to discover what the explosion was.

"People of Moonlight!" Ivan addresses the crowd, "We are losing more and more innocent townies to the mob every night! Ruxana (Roncanator) was inexplicably a member of the Town! We have also lost our dear sweet Nika (CorneliusMurdock) who was also a member of the Town. How did this mistake happen? We must be more open with each other about what we know. Why are you doing all of your dealings in the privates? Talking together about situation is productive and helpings! Make sure you are bringing all info to public so shady private dealings can't end up hurting you!"

009.jpg

Timur glances at the puddle of body parts and guts that used to be his sister. He thought it looked familiar. He steels his resolve in the face of losing a sibling a day for the last two days.

010.jpg

"I have come to the agreement that lynching your neighbors is a good idea," Agent Veronica tells them.

"Hooray!" Someone yells.

"Let's lynch someone!" Another person shouts.

"Let's think of the children!" Yet another person cries.

"You are up against many threats," Agent Veronica says, "It is not yet clear, even to the FBI, what this town faces. In addition to the lynching, I will be helping the innocent townies with some extra ability at night. It's time to kick this thing into high gear."

"That is my badass sexy!" Ivan proudly exclaims.

Day Five has now begun. You may not vote in the first 24 hours.

The Rules:

1. Each player will be given a character to play, who will be aligned with either the Town or the Scum. To win the game, the Town must kill off all the Scum, while the Scum needs to outnumber the Town. Any third party player will have win conditions that are detailed in their role PM...
  2. Each day you will be able to vote to lynch a player. Voting should be done in the following format; Vote: Character (Player). Similarly, unvoting is to be done in the format; Unvote: Character (Player). No other format will be accepted. A majority vote is required to lynch a player. You may also proxy your vote to another player, using this format; proxy: Character (Player)
  3. You are only allowed one unvote per game day. :devil_laugh:
  4. A game day will last 72 hours. You may not vote in the first 24 hours. After the day has concluded, a night stage will commence, which will last 48 hours. Night actions must be sent to the host in the first 24 hours of the night stage, or they will not be accepted, no exceptions.
  5. If you do not reach a conviction, there will be a penalty...
  6. The alignment of lynched players, as well as those that died during the night, will be revealed at the beginning of the next day.
  7. You may not quote or pretend to quote anything sent to you by the game host via PM. This includes all the details of your character and role, as well as any night action results. Role claims and reporting of night action results are acceptable, but in your own words only. Do not attempt to use the structure of your role PM to your advantage.
  8. Do not play the game outside the thread. Similarly, do not post out of character inside the thread. Game tactics and roles may only be discussed in the game thread or via PM with other players. Private discussion is done at your own risk and should be treated as part of the game.
  9. If you are dead, you may not post in thread or discuss the game with any of the players. Any information you had becomes void, and may not be passed on.
  10. If you are converted, you must accept your new affiliation. If it's proven that you gave up your new team after conversion, the whole game will be null and you will most likely not to be asked to play one of my games again.
  11. You may not edit your posts.
  12. You must post in every day thread.
  13. If you encounter a problem or have a question, please contact the host via PM. Please please please use only the confirmation PM I sent you to communicate with me. All new conversations regarding the game will be deleted.
  14. Violation of the above rules will result in automatic death.

Players

boris.jpg

Boris, a pawn shop owner, married to Barbara, played by Brickdoctor

catya.jpg

Catya, a college student, engaged to yan, played by The Crazy One

denis.jpg

Denis, a construction worker, played by def

dmitri.jpg

Dmitri, a highway patrol officer, married to Raya, played by Dragonator

falicia.jpg

Falicia, a delivery woman, married to Patrick, played by Fugazi

irene.jpg

Irene, an artist, married to Benji, played by iamded

patrick.jpg

Patrick, a firefighter, married to Falicia, played by Pandora

petra.jpg

Petra, a nurse, played by Peanuts

polina.jpg

Polina, a Moonlight Transit Authority (MTA) employee, played by CallMePieOrDie

raya.jpg

Raya, a real estate agent, married to Dmitri, played by Rick

ruslana.jpg

Ruslana, the chief of Police, played by Quarryman

samuel.jpg

Samuel, retired mechanic, married to Sarah, played by Sandy

timur.jpg

Timur, a firefighter, brother of Donil and Nika, played by Captain Tamamono

vera.jpg

Vera, a highway patrol officer, played by KartoffelViking

wilem.jpg

Wilem, a Moonlight Transist Authority (MTA) employee, played by White Fang

yan.jpg

Yan, a college student, played by Jim Butcher

The Deceased

benji_dead.jpg

Benji, a businessman, married to Irene, played by Big Cam - convicted on Day One (Town)

eugene_dead.jpg

Eugene, a manager of The Green Door Tavern, played by Eskallon - murdered on Night One (Town)

sarah_dead.jpg

Sarah, a retired piano teacher, married to Samuel, played by Sirius Black - died mysteriously during Day Two (Town)

yuri_dead.jpg

Yuri, a personal trainer, played by badboytje88 - Murdered on Night Two (Town)

elena_dead.jpg

Elena, a college professor, played by Inconspicuous - murdered on Night Two (Town)

max_dead.jpg

Max, a lawyer, played by Masked Builder - died mysteriously during Day Three (Scum)

donil_dead.jpg

Donil, a police officer, brother of Nika and Timur, played by Waterbrick Down - convicted on Day Three (Scum)

petr_dead.jpg

Petr, a construction worker, played by Zepher - murdered on Night Three (Town)

stanislav_dead.jpg

Stanislav, brewery manager, played by Shadows - murdered on Night Three (Town)

barbara_dead.jpg

Barbara, a yoga instructor, married to Boris, played by Bob The Construction Man - died mysteriously during Day Four (Town)

ruxana_dead.jpg

Ruxana, a pilot, played by Roncanator - convicted on Day Four (Town)

nika_dead.jpg

Nika, a firefighter, sister of Donil and Timur, played by CorneliusMurdock - blew herself up with a grenade on Night Four (Town)

Reserves

Millacol88

cralegoboy

bendybadger

Non-playing Characters

00_npc_ivan.jpg

Ivan, deli owner, widower of Florence

00_npc_steve.jpg

Steve, co-owner of Fogo de Chao, common-law-married to The Cross-Dressing Construction Man

00_npc_cdc.jpg

The Cross-Dressing Construction Man, co-owner of Fogo de Chao, common-law-married to Steve

00_npc_veronica.jpg

Agent Veronica, an FBI agent

Oh, no! How could this happen! :cry_sad: My dear sister Nika!

And how could Ruxana have turned out Town!? It must be some crazy coincidence that she targeted Petr on Night Three (or maybe she was a vigilante or she received a gun from Stanislav).

I wonder why there wasn't a tommy gun kill (or a revolver kill) last night. Maybe the two mafias blocked each other, or maybe they converted townies last night. People, we need to start looking everywhere, and not writing things off as 'impossible'.

The question remains, 'Who is scum? Who do we lynch?'. There are only sixteen of us left; if we don't start lynching mafia members, then they will take over!

So Nika has blown herself up by a grenade? That's kinda strange...I'm not sure what to make outa that. A bomb role would mean there's someone else who was blown up as well. Maybe some 50/50-blowing-up-target-or-blowing-up-self-vigilante role?

And we were wrong about Ruxana. She was town, so she didn't lie, so she really had been an unblockable tracker. And there's another tracker-watcher who has seen her targetting Petr yesterday, who she had admitted to have tracked.

And there were no other kills so far, except for the poisoner, who might or might not have been successful. But the Tommy killer wasn't or just didn't try to kill somebody, but coverted instead. But the Tommy killer tried to kill every day so far, so I doubt his party has a convertiong ability, so I think his target was protected, for luck.

By convicting Ruxana, who turned out town, I must say my trust in Samuel's faded. I know I've been the first to vote her, but he seemed the one most eager to get her killed. I must emphasize that's no reasonable reason to kill him, but we shouldn't ignore it.

So what do we do with Dmitri and Denis? I'm not sure about them. Dmitri claimed to have an important action, while Denis acted quite townie so far. But he could have been converted as well, he seemed more quiet lately, adding less to the discussion, don't you think? :sceptic:

But there's good news as well, I wonder what the "extra ability" the agent has talked about is meant to be.

And I'm really glad we're now allowed to do lynch mobs. :classic:

Good people of Moonlight, I believe I've found something:

001.jpg

Take a look at this picture. Nika (the one with the apple grenade) is following another dark figure who she finds suspicious. Of course, we know that she unfortunately blew herself up, so we were unable to learn who the other dark figure is.

008.jpg

But then take a look at this picture. Notice that Ruslana, Wilem, and Polina all arrived from the same direction the dark figure was walking in. I have come to the conclusion that one of them was Nika's target.

Oh my... I can't believe I made such a mistake with Ruxana! :sad: I have to go through what was said to me about her and find out just who was lying and about what. I just felt like everything pointed towards Ruxana being scum, but when the votes started pouring in yesterday, I started to doubt myself a bit.

I'm also concerned that because there were no gun-kills tonight, at least one person was converted. That means our numbers have dwindled even more nevertheless. I hope Dmitri was speaking the truth, though, and one of the bullets was wasted on his bulletproof vest.

By convicting Ruxana, who turned out town, I must say my trust in Samuel's faded. I know I've been the first to vote her, but he seemed the one most eager to get her killed. I must emphasize that's no reasonable reason to kill him, but we shouldn't ignore it.

You shouldn't ignore my role in Ruxana's death, and I understand if people don't trust me anymore, but I swear to you that I am Town. I think it's best if I step down from the "limelight" for the time being.

If Dmitri found a scum last night, I'm sure he'll go public with the result.

But then take a look at this picture. Notice that Ruslana, Wilem, and Polina all arrived from the same direction the dark figure was walking in. I have come to the conclusion that one of them was Nika's target.

Yep, clearly all of the evidence is pointing towards us. :hmpf:

Alright, so apparently Nika had either a 50/50 kill sort of thing or a rigged grenade. I can't think of much else myself.

And since that was the only kill tonight, I'm also under the belief two of our own has been converted to the scum. But the thing that gets me is that they both seemed to have converted on the same night. :sceptic:

Yep, clearly all of the evidence is pointing towards us. :hmpf:

No, I'm simply pointing something out. And if Nika was a vigilante, you do realize that her target might've been town as well, right?

And since that was the only kill tonight, I'm also under the belief two of our own has been converted to the scum. But the thing that gets me is that they both seemed to have converted on the same night. :sceptic:

Well, maybe one of them tried to kill Dmitri but failed, or maybe one of them was blocked. However, I think it's very likely that at least one townie was converted. We should definitely look at those who've seemed the most 'townie' over the last few days.

No, I'm simply pointing something out. And if Nika was a vigilante, you do realize that her target might've been town as well, right?

I highly doubt Nika's a vigilante. There hasn't been a grenade kill before. I'm glad that you pointed out a kill could've been blocked, though, I didn't think about that.

I highly doubt Nika's a vigilante. There hasn't been a grenade kill before.

No, of course not, but there have been one-shot vigilantes in books I've read about before, and there was a wand in a book called The Forest which would either A. Kill the target, B. Kill the owner, or C. Make something hilarious happen. And considering the authour of The Forest is the same author as the one who wrote down the events of what happened in Moonlight before, I wouldn't be surprised if that's the case.

No, of course not, but there have been one-shot vigilantes in books I've read about before, and there was a wand in a book called The Forest which would either A. Kill the target, B. Kill the owner, or C. Make something hilarious happen. And considering the authour of The Forest is the same author as the one who wrote down the events of what happened in Moonlight before, I wouldn't be surprised if that's the case.

Point.

Ugh. I was so sure Ruxana was scum. Now I'm just hoping that she wasn't the vigilante who lied about her role to avoid being night-killed.

This is highly troubling. Not only is Ruxana a townie, which seems extremely odd considering how certain some people were yesterday with their evidence, but one of our number has... blown herself up? *huh* That's just crazy!

I'm glad we finally have the FBI on our side though, Agent Hottie's help should be extremely beneficial. :sweet:

I didn't find a mafioso last night, the person I investigated came up town. Would you like me to share the identity of this person with you all? A few people complained when I did that yesterday saying it put those people in danger, so I thought I might check first today. Personally I feel the more information we can collectively share and use against the scum the better, but I'd like to hear what you all think too. The scum do already know who is and isn't a townie, after all.

I was not informed that I was attacked last night, so I can only assume the scum left me alone knowing it would be useless to try killing me, and instead tried something else. That or perhaps I don't notice when people shoot at me, but I highly doubt that. :laugh:

I tend to suspect that either our blocker was successful or the scum did not kill last night. Perhaps they converted, as has been suggested. The rules of this life do suggest that such a thing is possible.

Anyway, I need to sleep get some breakfast, so I'll be back shortly.

I didn't find a mafioso last night, the person I investigated came up town. Would you like me to share the identity of this person with you all? A few people complained when I did that yesterday saying it put those people in danger, so I thought I might check first today. Personally I feel the more information we can collectively share and use against the scum the better, but I'd like to hear what you all think too. The scum do already know who is and isn't a townie, after all.

I suppose that makes sense. The scum do already know who is and isn't scum, but they'll definitely want to kill those who are 100% cleared of being scum (although, you could be a naive Cop).

I tend to suspect that either our blocker was successful or the scum did not kill last night.

Our blocker was Yuri, remember?

So, we were wrong about Ruxana. If she was indeed a tracker as she claimed, we have lost yet another important night action. This raises some more doubts with me about the person in contact with Samuel. The questions raised yesterday about that role by Patrick and me, among others, still stand. Samuel, can you shed some light on this today?

[...] but one of our number has... blown herself up? *huh* That's just crazy!

Well, I'm sure Nika didn't intend to blow herself up. Maybe her target couldn't be killed or was protected or she herself was blocked?

The scum do already know who is and isn't a townie, after all.

Except if there are indeed two mafia families...

That or perhaps I don't notice when people shoot at me, but I highly doubt that. :laugh:

Given how much you normally notice at night, I wouldn't be surprised dear. :hmpf_bad::tongue:

So, we were wrong about Ruxana. If she was indeed a tracker as she claimed, we have lost yet another important night action. This raises some more doubts with me about the person in contact with Samuel. The questions raised yesterday about that role by Patrick and me, among others, still stand. Samuel, can you shed some light on this today?

I fear the "Peeping Tom" might have been scum after all, feeding me made-up information. On the other hand, he did claim to see Ruxana target Petr, which Ruxana confirmed herself. He is awfully convincing, that's why I have a hard time believing he is scum, but I'm running out of all other options.

I can't believe Ruxana was town... the evidence was so straightforward yesterday. :cry_sad: Now I don't know what to do... at this point I'm inclined to believe Dmitri and his story, since no one was killed last night, I imagine with his roleclaim he was targeted. Perhaps the scum were unsuccessful because he was wearing a bulletproof vest.

All I know is that our numbers are dwindling, and we have to start finding these rats crawling all around us.

Well, unless there's two mafias or a third party. Also, as mentioned yesterday, those cleared town will be likely targets for killing/converting. I don't know what to make outa you. You're hardly contradicting yourself, and I have no idea what Stanislav could have based a posthumous accusation on. On the other hand, he was the inventor, and he seemed to be in contact with quite a few people. The fact I'm wary about is the condition "if I die". So it wasn't a certainity, but what could have happened if he died? He could have told you and Denis something, but why would he know you both were scum then? And he had apparently told quite a few other people the same time, that, in case he'd die the day he died, you were scum. If just one of them was scum, they could have decided to kill Stanislav either way, just to shift suspicion of you. I'm a bit clueless about that.

Does anyone understand what I'm trying to say?

By the way, if Samuel was scum, this might have been a smart move. He'd make three people look suspicious, one dead now, but still two remaining with Stan being absolutely sure. Enough to distract the town for three days, propably enough to take the tow over. I mean, we've played this game...of life four days now, and our numbers decreased from 28 down to 16, and there's still somebody to drop dead soon. So our numbers are almost halfed, if they can recruit, their numbers will raise steadily. The Russian Mafia has lost two guys as well, one of them being the godfather, if there are really two families. I'm just making a theory up, which is a bit far-fetched and simplified, but we shouldn't disregard stuff like that. Once again, I'm not really suspicious of Samuel. We've all been wrong about Ruxana (except for Denis and herself).

What I find suspicious about Dmitri is that all his claimed targets have come us as Town. Those are extremely easy results to fabricate as scum claiming to be a Cop or Investigator. (though the supposed presence of a third faction does complicate that)

What I find suspicious about Dmitri is that all his claimed targets have come us as Town. Those are extremely easy results to fabricate as scum claiming to be a Cop or Investigator. (though the supposed presence of a third faction does complicate that)

What I find strange is that I'm still alive, even though Dmitri flat-out told everyone he found me innocent. Am I that much of an asset to the scum, really? :tongue:

You could convict me today to find out I haven't been misguiding you on purpose, but then you'd just be short of yet another townie. Believe me, I'm ready to take one for the team, but I'd like to do it when it's most advantageous. My death wouldn't prove that Dmitri is telling the truth, at least.

I'm inclined to believe Dmitri and his story, since no one was killed last night, I imagine with his roleclaim he was targeted. Perhaps the scum were unsuccessful because he was wearing a bulletproof vest.

That's my thinking as well, but it makes you wonder if Dmitri's attempted murder would've been shown (at least with both figures darkened). Or maybe the scum decided not to target him and to instead leave him alive so he would still be a suspect. Or maybe both the scum teams decided to convert last night (I think at least one of them must have). Or maybe one of them targeted Dmitri

while the other one was blocked. The list goes on and on.

Also, as mentioned yesterday, those cleared town will be likely targets for killing/converting.

I agree. The two proved to be Town by Dmitri (if he really is the Cop, and if he's sane) are Samuel and Yan, so either of them would've been a great choice for converting on their part.

By the way, if Samuel was scum, this might have been a smart move. He'd make three people look suspicious, one dead now, but still two remaining with Stan being absolutely sure. Enough to distract the town for three days, propably enough to take the tow over.

Good point. Samuel's been acting pretty trustworthy so far, but he was investigated on Night 1. Plenty of time for a converter to get him in the following nights. Maybe that's why his vote started working on Day 3? However, I really don't think he's scum.

You could convict me today to find out I haven't been misguiding you on purpose, but then you'd just be short of yet another townie. Believe me, I'm ready to take one for the team, but I'd like to do it when it's most advantageous. My death wouldn't prove that Dmitri is telling the truth, at least.

Like I said above, I don't think you're scum, and I have no intention of voting you off today (unless something comes up). I'm really reserving judgement until after the poison kill.

Oh my word. I can't believe it, how was Ruxana town? It all seemed so obvious. Oh I feel so damn foolish.

On the subject of Nika blowing herself up, maybe the bomb she intended to use was rigged? Maybe not so accidental? Who knows, I'm lost at the moment.

Damn. Well, we've had better nights, that's for sure. And I bet there's someone who's been poisoned too. Bah! This is not good.

I'm still suspicious of that Dmitri, after Stanislav's alleged adamant pre-mortem accusations.

This is most tragic. Ruxana really was a useful member of town. Hopefully the bonus ability we've gotten will help make up for the losses we've suffered :cry_sad:

I'd really like to know why Ruxana was a watcher (we can assume she didn't lie to us, since she was a townie), but the person who outer her is also claiming the same role. Something is not adding up.

By the way, we finally have an affirmation of what Stanislav's message about Dmitri by someone who's confirmed town, i.e. Ruxana, as she yesterday said she had been contatced by Stan as well. It's possible that she made it just up to avoid being lynched, but she would have corrected herself, once she was practically dead, wouldn't she? Matter is, she didn't mention Denis. I'm not sure why not, or what to do about him, but this would make me feel more comfortable with voting Dmitri.

By the way, we finally have an affirmation of what Stanislav's message about Dmitri by someone who's confirmed town, i.e. Ruxana, as she yesterday said she had been contatced by Stan as well. It's possible that she made it just up to avoid being lynched, but she would have corrected herself, once she was practically dead, wouldn't she? Matter is, she didn't mention Denis. I'm not sure why not, or what to do about him, but this would make me feel more comfortable with voting Dmitri.

I'm ready to vote for Dmitri, too, because I want to believe what Stanislav told me. If we find out he is scum, then we can vote out Denis tomorrow.

Many people have tried to influence me during these last couple of days after Stanislav's death, but his statement is still the one I can tell for sure came from a Townie.