2 members have voted

1. 1. How do you rate this set?

• Poor
    • Below Average
    • Average
    • Above Average
    • Outstanding!

thindexedgif.gif

This is my first review. I recieved this set in the mail a few weeks ago from my brother. The box and instructions do not exist anymore.

Set Information

Name: Cannon Cove

Set Number: 6266

Pieces: 106

Minifigures: 3

Price: 17.50 u.s. at release

Theme: Pirates

Sub Theme: Imperial Guards

Year Released: 1993

Ages:6-10

Instruction Images

cannon_cove_box.jpg

cannon_cove_instruction_2.jpg

Set Images

Full Frontal

cannon_cove1master.jpg

cannon_cove_1_master.jpg

Side View

cannon_cove_side_master.jpg

I forgot to take a pic of the other side. You aren't missing anything. I will post it some time.

Rear View

cannon_cove_rear_master.jpg

Rear View Open

cannon_cove_rear_open_master.jpg

Minifigures

cannon_cove_figs_master.jpg

The Review

Design: At the time this was so awesome! Nowadays it's a pretty simple design. I'll give it a 6/10.

Parts: At the time the parts were great. Nowadays the parts are still great! Come on it's classic pirates. 10/10

Build: I don't remeber building it. I can build it without the instructions. It came in the mail falling apart. This build was for ages 6-10 so I will have to give it a 4/10.

Figures: Two imperials, one pirate. Did I mention they are classic? 10/10

Playability: A cannon, boat, and a jail in a little set. Hell yeah this is playable! 10/10

Price: I believe at the time this was a bit pricey. It's over 150.00 u.s. dollars MISB now. It's not worth that price. 6/10

Total Score: 46/60 That's not bad for a reto review!

Found it on ebay for 10€ a few years ago. Since i was a child I dreamed about it! There are few pieces but i love the 3 differents minifigures! Great add to increase your imperial fortress!

I do like the set, too. Its the only real landbased set, because of the green baseplate. That makes it a bit difficult to build it with the other sets in a display. I changed the baseplate into a blue one for displaying it. The second think I don´t like is the "wrong" cannon color, because the most imperial sets had red cannonholders. You can find this set relativly often for 10 € - 18 € on ebay or cheeper on "ebay kleinanzeigen" in Germany.

Tghanks for the nice review.

The second think I don´t like is the "wrong" cannon color, because the most imperial sets had red cannonholders.

Yeah, that thing made me think about it today, as I was mobilizing my troops together and realised that maybe they should consider standarazing those cannons. Making different colors for different factions, or using the same color for all of the cannons, so it would make them more universal. I mean, obviously we can muskets are the same for everyone, and every faction can use them. Doing the same thing with cannons would also make using them "easier". Still, it's not a big deal really. More like a talk of a pedant pirate_wink.gif

Bluecoats had red cannons as well and it wasn't much of a problem. But there was also green for Armada ship.

And there also goes the sentimental thing. I am used to both brown and red cannons. And I love'em, so it would be rather sad to ged rid any of these. On the other hand, I don't think that blue cannons would look well. And look is the most important thing that goes with Lego pirate_classic.gif

It's above all other matters pirate_satisfied.gif