Pally

New modular building? 10224 Town Hall

First post!

Can anyone figure out the secret clue from previous sets?

I had assumed it was the wedding dress/suit for sale in the Grand Emporium, but the Pet Shop was released after.

Any ideas?

First post!

Can anyone figure out the secret clue from previous sets?

I had assumed it was the wedding dress/suit for sale in the Grand Emporium, but the Pet Shop was released after.

Any ideas?

Well, If you went from CC to GG the guy sweeping vegetables into the trash bin would hint at GG

From GG to FB would be the fire hydrant next to the lamp post, From FB to GE would be the lady with the tan purse.

After that it gets lost.

I some how have the feeling that maybe the Town Hall should have been last years Modular Building but that

Jamie did not get the set done in time or was not happy with it for the release.

Which would have given the hint from GE to TH with the wedding mannequins in the window!

I wander if we will ever find out!!?

Well, If you went from CC to GG the guy sweeping vegetables into the trash bin would hint at GG

From GG to FB would be the fire hydrant next to the lamp post, From FB to GE would be the lady with the tan purse.

After that it gets lost.

I some how have the feeling that maybe the Town Hall should have been last years Modular Building but that

Jamie did not get the set done in time or was not happy with it for the release.

Which would have given the hint from GE to TH with the wedding mannequins in the window!

If they are infact out of sequence I wonder if the decorator in the house next to Petshop is a clue towards a hardware/DIY store?

Topic for another thread methinks.

After that it gets lost.

I was quite happy that it's impossible to find any 'Town Hall' hints in the Pet Shop, because the 'clues to the next Modular Building' theory could finally be put to rest... but now it's being adapted to include any of the previous modulars, meaning the probability of being able to find hints for each new set will gradually approach 1/1.

:wacko:

I really really hope the next set is a police barracks, because I cannot think of a single clue in any of the previous sets that point towards a law enforcement theme.

:tongue:

I thought the "clues" theories had been put to rest. I could see the fire hydrant in Green Grocer as a possibility, but the lady with a purse hinting at the Grand Emporium is really reaching, and there haven't been any viable clues since. It's a lot more likely that since all of these buildings are crammed with details, there's bound to be some coincidences that are easy to interpret as clues in retrospect.

Mark Stafford made a comment on Flickr that Jamie was not the primary designer on the Town Hall. I can't imagine, that if a modular building were running behind schedule, it would be quicker to bring another one forward, than just finish the problematic one. I guess we won't know unless someone with close links to the design team comments.

Why not ask him on our event in may? :grin:

Why not ask him on our event in may? :grin:

OK, PM me the details!

I thought the "clues" theories had been put to rest. I could see the fire hydrant in Green Grocer as a possibility, but the lady with a purse hinting at the Grand Emporium is really reaching, and there haven't been any viable clues since. It's a lot more likely that since all of these buildings are crammed with details, there's bound to be some coincidences that are easy to interpret as clues in retrospect.

Yeah, Ive always been skeptical of this in the first place. Like TB aid, theres plenty of details in these sets that could pick out all kinds of things as 'hints'. Until I hear/read it from an official statement from someone at LEGO, moreover, the design team, I'll continue to be skeptical. It is kind of fun to speculate on the little buts in each set on whats to come...

These 'hints' that are talked of would seem to be mere coincidence than anything. Obviously it's nice discussing what they could mean, I doubt TLG would for one thing feel the need to place 'hints' in their sets, given that future products are always so secretive anyway. In addition, it would mean their design and release schedule would have to be spot on, and so sticking to a permanent schedule.

Been to my local LEGO store and two employees said that it would be released 'early March', although they weren't allowed to give me a specific date :hmpf_bad: Never mind, it looks fabulous!

Been into the Milton Keynes Lego store today and said to the cashier while paying I was looking forward to the Town Hall coming out. She said it is out on 1st March! Not long to go!!!

Must. Get. Fire. Brigade. Before. March. 1st. I hope they Fire Brigade will stick around for a few weeks after the Town Hall is released.

March 1st eh? Sounds good to me!

I wonder if people from LEGO see these comments about "hints" and laugh. I hope they keep the modular line going for a long time, its definitly my favorite.

Been into the Milton Keynes Lego store today and said to the cashier while paying I was looking forward to the Town Hall coming out. She said it is out on 1st March! Not long to go!!!

Oh, I hope it's true! I'm going on a birthday mini shopping spree towards the end of March...*fingers crossed* :grin:

Edited by Legocrazy81

Oh, I hope it's true! I'm going on a birthday mini shopping spree towards the end of March...*fingers crossed* :grin:

I'm bummed because I was hoping to pick this sucker up on my birthday... February 28. :sceptic:

I'm bummed because I was hoping to pick this sucker up on my birthday... February 28. :sceptic:

Ask for a Lego voucher to the value of the TH :wink:

Must. Get. Fire. Brigade. Before. March. 1st. I hope they Fire Brigade will stick around for a few weeks after the Town Hall is released.

I wouldn't bet on it.

Supplies are shrinking fast.

I asked again at the LEGO store, and this time they could confirm the set is being released March 1st :cry_happy:

Edited by tom-cat

Well, the longer it takes, the cheaper it will get. VIP points :tongue: Might not have to pay anything for it :laugh:

Edited by woolie

Yup. You should definitely get it real quick. I just ordered 5 copies today. The sales person told me FB is going to disappear really soon.

Edited by Pierre_Cochereau

Purchasing the FB next week! Cannot wait until I get to build it.

Great stuff! The FB is by far the best value modular, you'll be well chuffed :)

I don't know if I will buy this one. I'd have to find some empty space where I could put it, and that's quite a challenge. I'm busy disassembling sets and putting them back into their boxes because I'm running out of space. That way I managed to create some space for the Pet Shop modular building. :classic:

I don't know if I really need this Town Hall. It's a wonderful buidling and incredibly high, but I've already got a Town Hall as part of the Town Plan set. Of course, it is much smaller and not modular, but I don't think I need two Town Halls. I'd rather save the little bit of space I will have left after the disassembling of some sets for the modular building that comes after the Town Hall. I would love to see a bank.

I don't know if I will buy this one. I'd have to find some empty space where I could put it, and that's quite a challenge. I'm busy disassembling sets and putting them back into their boxes because I'm running out of space. That way I managed to create some space for the Pet Shop modular building. :classic:

I don't know if I really need this Town Hall. It's a wonderful buidling and incredibly high, but I've already got a Town Hall as part of the Town Plan set. Of course, it is much smaller and not modular, but I don't think I need two Town Halls. I'd rather save the little bit of space I will have left after the disassembling of some sets for the modular building that comes after the Town Hall. I would love to see a bank.

You could probably modify either town hall once the new one comes out. Perhaps the new one could become your town's courthouse or something. Or, as you mentioned you wanted, the new one could probably be adapted to be a bank.

I'm using the Town Plans hall as a museum. The facade screams museum to me.