Pally

New modular building? 10224 Town Hall

Okay, I was wrong about the elevator. :blush: In my defence I thought it would be a proper elevator, not just a floor with no ceiling.

I'm trying to figure out how it works... it looks like the two side of the gap aren't actually connected by anything, so the lever can go all the way from the top to the bottom. I think it zig-zags around crooked bits so it can sit on something at the different floors.

Damn it, why is there a computer in the way? I'm curious as to what the ground floor looks like. TLC, it is time to wow us with official pictures, don't you think?

Also: It looks like the set contains two of those new shields. I wonder how people are going to use it in their Castle MOCs?

Oh, are these sets supposedly taking place at the time(s) the buildings were built? I've always thought of them as (mostly) older buildings in the present day. I thought the Fire Brigade represented an "old-timey" firehouse that still uses its original, old-fashioned fire engine, but not a firehouse actually during the 1930s (if nothing else, the firefighters' uniforms in that set are pretty contemporary).

The way I have mine set up, the vintage fire truck is parked out the back where it is a curiosity for children to play on. Either that or the fire station is just a big museum... but then why is everyone wearing fire gear?

Oh, are these sets supposedly taking place at the time(s) the buildings were built? I've always thought of them as (mostly) older buildings in the present day. I thought the Fire Brigade represented an "old-timey" firehouse that still uses its original, old-fashioned fire engine, but not a firehouse actually during the 1930s (if nothing else, the firefighters' uniforms in that set are pretty contemporary).

And the Green Grocer has a barbecue. In the 1930's, there wasn't much barbecuing outside the southern USA, and certainly not on the balcony of a European town house.

By a new inventory I mean a new shipment of Fire Brigade sets that shall be arriving from the factory, ready for dispatching.

Thanks for clarifying that HighFlyer. Thats what I thought you meant but for one horrible moment I thought maybe lego had decided to change the contents slightly which would have thrown my MOD plans out abit.

Seeing the building with the clock tower is calling out to my childhood and wanting me to do an MOC of back to the future

The Romania guy has started building it... *huh*

http://i.imgur.com/jxr2k.jpg

Edited by Ricecracker
I've changed your oversized image into a link. Please resize according to the site guidelines. Thanks :)

Did he take one photo then stop? :angry:

How about a spread of the parts packet?

So we can see what is there.

Andy D

Edited by Andy D

-snip-

Alywin could you please post a link to the gallery?

Thanks!

Is that a new brick separator?

Yes, lego were kind enough to include one. Also all new pieces in each step have a red outline, which makes life easier, and the black pieces have white highlights to make it easier to tell between dark bley and black.

Looks like lego have listened to the community and not penny pinched to get this right.

Not much sidewalk in this set. I think our next modular will be a corner building. Let's examine why, CC-GG-FB-GE-PS-TH. Every two buildings then we got a corner building. Since GE and with the release of Town Hall, we have two buildings. As far as placement among the other modulars, I'm thinking making an 'H' with street plates, put the Town Hall on the horizontal street and the others on the perimeter of each side. grogall, you just made my day with the release date info! Few months<few weeks. :grin::wub:

Edited by Legocrazy81

Yes, lego were kind enough to include one. Also all new pieces in each step have a red outline, which makes life easier, and the black pieces have white highlights to make it easier to tell between dark bley and black.

Looks like lego have listened to the community and not penny pinched to get this right.

Well that was nice of them. This will be my like fourth brick separator though. I've misplaced and replaced them over the years and they all decided to turn up one day.

That's great that they did that for the colors. I have a bit of difficulty telling the dark colors apart sometime and my girlfriend always asks me if its calling for black or dark grey so this should make it easier on us. I cant wait for this set. She's excited to build it with me too.

Not much sidewalk in this set. I think our next modular will be a corner building. Let's examine why, CC-GG-FB-GE-PS-TH. Every two buildings then we got a corner building. Since GE and with the release of Town Hall, we have two buildings. As far as placement among the other modulars, I'm thinking making an 'H' with street plates, put the Town Hall on the horizontal street and the others on the perimeter of each side. grogall, you just made my day with the release date info! Few months<few weeks. :grin::wub:

That's what I did. No road plates in this picture but they make a U around the modulars now.

IMAG0519.jpg

Edited by bootz

Seeing the building with the clock tower is calling out to my childhood and wanting me to do an MOC of back to the future

First thing I thought about as well. I looked around to find some reference BTTF town halls done in LEGO. One has already been posted here. Another great one I found is this:

http://farm7.staticflickr.com/6230/6328692193_65532ae651_b.jpg

The link to the Flickr set of the complete Town Square of Hill Valley from BTTF 2 can be found HERE!

Edited by Ricecracker
I've changed your oversized image into a link. Please resize it according to the site guidelines. Thanks :)

New image added:

http://i.imgur.com/iLdBf.jpg

Regards! :P

Pd: In my opinion, for now it's a little empty...

Edited by Ricecracker
I've changed your oversized image into a link. Please resize it according to the site guidelines. Thanks :)

Finally the pictures.

I must say that I hoped for a 48-wide building, but this is still great. And it seems that the interior is the best so far.

Great to finally see some interior shots, this is turning out to be an interesting build. The important thing to a lot of people is that it will reveal the true colours of bricks.

http://i.imgur.com/4pfEc.jpg

Here is a better image of the box. I really don't like the elevator. Everything else looks great.

Edited by Ricecracker

I think the elevator looks too basic for such a large building, but apart from that I love the new building.

Well aren't they using "cutaway" photo for the elevator?

Yes that's cutaway, the real thing is enclosed.