Pally

New modular building? 10224 Town Hall

I Guess it also spells the end of the FB as its not in the group picture.

The Fire Brigade will be discontinued soon, but LEGO are receiving a new inventory of Fire Brigades; so there's a few months left for the Fire Brigade. Also, there have never been any more than 3 modular buildings together in the group picture.

The one photo says 2766 pieces. If that stays the same (probably will), that makes it the largest modular building ever, in terms of pieces, and one of the largest Lego sets ever.

http://www.brickset.com/list/?MostPieces

It would sit at #11 on this list, below the statue of liberty and above skyline. Next largest modular building would be Fire Brigade at 2231 pieces (535 pieces less!)

I'm wondering if they'll up the price for this one. I think they're going to have to.

@Mikey26, you made my day! I didn't even expect leaked pictures, then these small came out and it's so Yeay! *oh2* I want it!

Really, I like the colour and the architectural style. On it's own, it really looks impressive, however, I think I'd prefer to put it somewhere else, like on a square, surrounded with some greenery so it will look more special. I like the 'Ginny from HP' hair style, the car mudguards above the windows look much better than the current ones, the clock tower is sweet and I'm looking forward to see some of the interiors. But on the down-point (yes, it has a down-point :cry_sad: ), I'll have to find extra space on my bookshelves, as even the GE and FB hardly fit in.

This is an obvious purchase for the amount of dark orange but there's something a little too plain about it like fire brigade that I don't quite like.

I hope it has some nice details inside.

Wow, that thing is gorgeous! :grin_wub::oh::wub_drool: Thank you so much for the pics, Mikey26!

I'm wondering if they'll up the price for this one. I think they're going to have to.

It would make sense. I hope it only goes to 180 USD instead of 200, but I suspect it'll be 200.

Yo Lego modulars, im really happy for you and ima let you finish but town hall is the sexiest modular building of all time! hehe definitely a must buy for me :tongue:

The building design looks really nice. I like the fact that it is larger to suit its purpose.

I also would like to see the interior and some high res pics of the exterior. (are there any?)

The minifigs look great. However, I am the only one that is not a fan of the color? I am happy to get more pieces of a rare color but i don't think it looks great on this building. I will likely substitute the orange/nuget with either a darker color (a la Town Plan) or perhaps a more subtle color. What do you think?

I agree with some of the others-- looks a bit too much like FB. One will be modded, I guess! :classic:

I do like the color, but am beginning to wish LEGO could use a color other than grey for the trim... I think all the modulars blend together somewhat because of that (and I only have 2, FB and GG).

That office employee has got the hairpiece from the Flamenco Dancer in CM series 6. A first in a regular set, I believe :)

Edit: Is that a new torso on the bride? I don't think it's the same as the one from last year's bride and groom set...

And obviously, this is where the images came from. Looks like a Romanian Lego webshop...

I wasn't able to see where in the romanian site the pictures were shown, did they remove it or did I do something wrong? OUPS I NEEDED A FLASH PLAYER UPDATE

Any pictures of the back of the box are probably very awaited...

Was someone able to photoshop and zoom in the front box to see the height of the building?

Edited by SwissBrick

Just noticed on the second and more thorough look at the pics, the box says 14+ instead of the usual 16+. Interestingly, we're getting younger by that, right? :laugh: And hi-res pics would be nice, although I did spot some interesting flower buckets in the front and the round tiles (I think) on top facade detailing. However, I'm not so sure what the brick(s) under the year is, something transparent. Any ideas on that? And the front, brick-built door looks interesting as well.

Wow this looks very impressive. Should go well in between my FB and GE. March 2012 huh? Right around my birthday. :wink:

Anyone else notice that the time on the clock is 10:12-ish? Thats 8-minutes after Marty 'went' to the future in a certain film :tongue:

I like the building the color scheme is ok. I will be waiting for the interior pics I cant wait. This is a great modular building love the details of the building and the clock definatly amost have. :classic::thumbup:

Hey mates, I visited the online shop where the Town Hall is listed and there it costs 899,99 lei, and then there are the 10217 Diagon Alley and 10197 Fire Brigade listed with the same price too, 779,99 lei (159,95 euros presumably) so,... Can we suggest the european and american price if we look at the romanian price? I bet for 180-200 euros/dollars...

Regards!

PD: Sorry for my bad grammar... :)

Oh wow! Lovely! Want want want want! :cry_happy: I can't wait to see the interior!

Two nitpicks I have is the Figure Skater/Flamenco Dancer hair (I hate it) and the PotC painting (c'mon, give us something new). Obviously, this is a must have for most AFOLs; let's hope that it won't be too expensive!

Cue grogall with his high-res pics! :wink:

I am not going to be able to leave the computer until hi-res photos are uploaded. Fortunately I have food within arms reach.

I think by this stage it's pointless saying 'this new Modular Building looks too similar to that older one', since there have been five modular buildings already so it's going to get harder to think of new architectural features.

Hm...

I notice that on the back of the building, one of the columns of windows is missing, so presumably that is where a spiral staircase goes. You can see the cleaner emerging from a trap door there.

The bride and groom are dancing in front of a bannister, so presumably one of the floors looks down on another. Although it looks like a mayor's office is in there, so there is at least one room, the whole thing isn't an open space like the GE.

Four 1x1 round tiles used for decoration along he top there... possibly another crawls space at the bottom, although this time only one brick high... bell tower doesn't use the same parts from the FB, which is nice...

I'm not sure, but it does go further back than most modular buildings, right? I think it will block that one odd window at the back of the GE.

Okay. Hi-res internal pics, please. :sweet:

Edited by David Thomsen

Looks good, and the huge size kinda warrants the higher price. I could do with another colour though. That brown/orange isn't really working for me, but it's still nice :thumbup:

Wow - Just wow! I have not yet bought any of the modular buildings yet (other sets keep getting in the way :wink:) but I think this will be the first one I get! Love the orange bricks, and the detail! Can't wait!

Simply amazing - I want it. I want it now. I love everything about, I just wish that we had some high-res pictures and images of the interior, but these will do fine for now!!

237 people are reading this, says it all really.

This set looks great the idea of a town hall which is a public meeting place works well as a center piece in a town set up works well

I like the size and the amount of mini figures that are included, some mention that it is too similar to FB but works for me as i don't have that set, should be a must buy for me :cry_happy::thumbup:

Oh wow! Lovely! Want want want want! :cry_happy: I can't wait to see the interior!

Two nitpicks I have is the Figure Skater/Flamenco Dancer hair (I hate it) and the PotC painting (c'mon, give us something new). Obviously, this is a must have for most AFOLs; let's hope that it won't be too expensive!

Cue grogall with his high-res pics! :wink:

Sorry I have been to the Romanian web site and sadly this is as good as it gets! :pir_bawling:

We will have to wait till the official press release, Which I hope will be soon

237 people are reading this, says it all really.

I was about to comment on the amount of people viewing this thread. Never seen this amount before.

The Town Hall looks good. Interior shots will be interesting.