Pally

New modular building? 10224 Town Hall

P.S. finished it, can't take a pic as the GF is over put I will do tomorrow. It's not much bigger than CC or GE, about an inch taller on the roof line, the rest of the height is the clock tower (which had no bell).

There is a bell, it's dark grey and inside the white portion of the tower. :wink:

As other people point out, it would be difficult to separate the floors if the elevator were operated by any kind of pulley mechanism unless the elevator were already on the floor closest to the mechanism. Unless the elevator shaft were made its own separate (vertical rather than horizontal) module I don't see how that could have worked out.

Of course, I have seen products where elevators with a similar mechanism to the set have made it a bit less obtrusive, but LEGO is not an ideal medium for the style these products use. They would need the gap between the inside of the elevator shaft and the outside of the building to be near one plate in thickness, and would need fairly thin walls if more than one fig was meant to fit inside the elevator comfortably. And don't even ask me how a fully enclosed elevator would have any playability, given that it would be difficult to place minifigures inside or remove them when they get on or off.

At the same time, I'm hoping the ingenuity of the LEGO fan community will shine through and we'll see a lot of revamped elevators for this set once it is released!

It seems to me so far that the elevator is quite the talking point?

I'm sure that there are already many ideas among us how to do it in another

way! And that's what is so great about these modulars IMHO. They're not just

a building with interior, it is tha basis for many stories to play with,

and lots of possibillities for change/improvement.

Jamie has done onze again a great job with TH!!!! :thumbup:

Edited by Jasper Joppe Geers

@ Jut, I had missing pieces in one of my last modulars, though I cant remember if it was GE or FB

My FB which I got for Christmas had one of the 1x4 tiles bent at 90 degrees!! :cry_sad::angry:

There is a bell, it's dark grey and inside the white portion of the tower. :wink:

Sorry I should have explained myself better. I remember someone saying "OMG THEY ARE USING THE FB BELL AGAIN!!! NO ORGINIALITY THIS SUCKS!!!"

They have a 'bell' but it's attached to bricks and not swingy like the fb one.

Is anyone a little curious to how that guy got his hands on the set since it hasnt been officially released in stores or even officially been announced by lego and also how does the elevator work meaning how does it move up and down?

Hey run-on! Use punctuation please. This isn't your phone. Thank you.

Do we have a price for this set yet? I've read through this thread, but don't remember seeing that. I'm in the US, but any price would help gauge things. Thanks!

Who would believe that TLG would send a few 10224 sets to Romanian Lego shops and have a release date in March as we are mid-Jan??? I think the Town-Hall will be available on Feb 1st.

I'm starting to like the looks of this slightly better, the brick built door is especially excellent, but the back of the building looks far too simplistic.

Though I'm curious to see the interior of it

So it looks like the top floor windows are not new 1x1 or 2x2 panels like many of us thought. Its just 4 2x2 windows behind each arch. Also agreeing the rear is very bland. Detailed windows and fire escapes would have made the elevator mechanism not nearly as noticeable. I still like the finished photos though. It still looks to be a great build.

Edited by Badsneaker

I'm starting to like the looks of this slightly better, the brick built door is especially excellent, but the back of the building looks far too simplistic.

Though I'm curious to see the interior of it

Go back a few pages and check the links. There's both the back of the box picture and a few actual shots.

After seeing the actual model, I am seriously drooling right now. Seeing those interior shots...WOW! This is a serious contender for best modular. All these people saying they don't have any modulars, I get they're a bit pricey, but, how can you resist?! These are the best sets to dome out of that factory. I REALLY hope thus comes out Feb. 1st. *crosses fingers, toes, arms, legs, eyes, t's, anything that can be crossed, I'm crossing*

Anyone have the address for the guy in Romania? I wan't to go and visit him... and ah, well.... you know!?

But anyway nice to get some good closeups of this spectacular set!

I'm just a little sad that its not standing next to my other Modular Buildings! :pir_bawling:

Can't wait to get my hands on it! :cry_sad:

Hurry up Lego and release the information, so we know how much we have to pay for this baby!

@Jamie philip Berard "Nice Job"

Thanks! :pir_bawling: :pir_bawling: :pir_bawling: :pir_bawling: :pir_bawling: :pir_bawling: :pir_bawling: :pir_bawling: ................................

Give us the instruction # please there on the back starts with 6 or 7 i think!?

what do the # mean on back of the instruction book?

Do we have a price for this set yet? I've read through this thread, but don't remember seeing that. I'm in the US, but any price would help gauge things. Thanks!

$180-$200 i'm reading

I guess he wants to use the number to try and download the instructions from LEGO's website.

So it looks like the top floor windows are not new 1x1 or 2x2 panels like many of us thought. Its just 4 2x2 windows behind each arch. Also agreeing the rear is very bland. Detailed windows and fire escapes would have made the elevator mechanism not nearly as noticeable. I still like the finished photos though. It still looks to be a great build.

The problem with having a fire escape on this building is that there seems to be no access to the rear windows with that big open space in the floor/ceilings under the skylight. Speaking of which, I like the idea of a skylight, but as with the GE there is just a lot of lost floor space. These buildings seem a bit small to have so much open area.

Yes meant the instruction number which is printed on the back.

but I have already checked they are not cashed yet!

#1 - 6010738 / 6010742

#2 - 6010740 / 6010744

#3 - 6010741 / 6010746

Thanks for posting them!

Edited by grogall

Thanks! the hight's is not as bad as I thought. :thumbup:

My thouhgts exactly!

Loking at my moduler row, I assume that its not much higher than green grocer (which is about 3bricks higher than fire brigade)

...there seems to be no access to the rear windows with that big open space in the floor/ceilings...

This isn't a problem, for in "ye olde days" people would have large poles with a hook on the end, and they used this to 'pull' the window panes down or 'push' them up. Even when I was at school we had these in our hall :classic:

The height isn't too bad, in fact much better than I imagined. It looks so nice next to the Fire Brigade :thumbup:

Bam!

http://i.imgur.com/5wQMR.jpg

There's nothing really on the 3rd floor, just a long table and some chairs.

Is the lady going to jump after the business man had his way with her earlier? :tongue:

Thank you for sharing this picture, I was planning on putting it between GE and FB when I get it.

Unfortunately this is going to have to go on the very top of my self since its a little too tall to fit on the shelves below next to my other modular buildings.