Pally

New modular building? 10224 Town Hall

I don't get that about the mould.

Piece http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=4460b is still produced. It is even in 10223 Kingdom Joust. And it was in dark red in 10218 Pet Shop

The color is not important for using moulds right?

No, the color shouldn't matter at all. As long as the mold itself is still in use, I would imagine they can make it in any color they want. I know that before the Pet Shop came out, people tried contacting TLG directly for the Dark Red roof tiles and were told that that piece was no longer in production, but that's not the same as the mold itself being discontinued. And now that it has made a comeback in the Pet Shop, we know that LEGO is again producing them.

With that said, though, there is also the 1x2x3 panel used for the windows in Cafe Corner, which may have been discontinued entirely.

Other pics!

0002275_town_hall.png

0002276_town_hall.png

0002277_town_hall.png

0002278_town_hall.png

0002283_town_hall.png

0002282_town_hall.png

Enjoy!

I have more images but I don't know how to upload them in better quality...

It is not allowed? Where to find the rules?

Oh my gosh, the picture was posted as I was typing my reply. It's gorgeous! And it is Medium Nougat, just like I'd hoped - or is that Dark Orange?

With that said, though, there is also the 1x2x3 panel used for the windows in Cafe Corner, which may have been discontinued entirely.

Not to mention the 5 high doors too. I just think it's unlikely, unless the design was revised somewhat (which has never gone well in the past).

On to the Town Hall pictures though, it's interesting but a little underwhelming. Maybe it'll seem better when images of the insides are revealed, but as-is it just reminds me a lot of the Fire Station and I can't say I feel particularly excited by it. It'll be a great set for Nougat bricks though by the looks of things.

Hi guys! New member... Not sure if these pics have been posted already, so here you go!

Oooohhh YEAH! Dark orange! Now how'd you get your hands on this? Thanks so much! :blush::laugh::sweet::blush:

Dakar

No, the color shouldn't matter at all. As long as the mold itself is still in use, I would imagine they can make it in any color they want. I know that before the Pet Shop came out, people tried contacting TLG directly for the Dark Red roof tiles and were told that that piece was no longer in production, but that's not the same as the mold itself being discontinued. And now that it has made a comeback in the Pet Shop, we know that LEGO is again producing them.

Taller than Emporium..with 8 minifigure. I love it!

Not to mention the 5 high doors too. I just think it's unlikely, unless the design was revised somewhat (which has never gone well in the past).

On to the Town Hall pictures though, it's interesting but a little underwhelming. Maybe it'll seem better when images of the insides are revealed, but as-is it just reminds me a lot of the Fire Station and I can't say I feel particularly excited by it. It'll be a great set for Nougat bricks though by the looks of things.

The year above indeed is like the fire station.

Also, mikey, save that image, because at some point, the Iron fist of Lego leak protection will swing down and clear away those images untill March. Plus, could you give us a link to the image?

Dakar

I fixed the pic's. Thie issue was that "http://" was typed twice.

Dakar

EDIT- It seems to be 32x32, so regular footprint, just taller!

EDIT 2- Mikey fixed the pics, no need for duplicates

Edited by Dakar A

That's fantastic! And there's no 'Confidential' stamp on them either, so there's no reason that they should be removed...

Look at the skylight! it seems to use the same technique from Olivia's house (for the shower doors).

Dakar

In isolation, it looks fantastic. I really like the clock and the colours mix together wonderfully well. However, I think it looks a bit silly next to the Pet Shop and the Grand Emporium - it's just so big! Not that that will deter me from buying it, mind!

In isolation, it looks fantastic. I really like the clock and the colours mix together wonderfully well. However, I think it looks a bit silly next to the Pet Shop and the Grand Emporium - it's just so big! Not that that will deter me from buying it, mind!

I'm wondering how much that is just the perspective of the image making it look bigger though, I'm not sure the actual height difference will actually look so significant at less of an angle.

I'm wondering how much that is just the perspective of the image making it look bigger though, I'm not sure the actual height difference will actually look so significant at less of an angle.

You have to remember that the Pet Shop is by far the lowest modular thus far, too. Next to the Fire Brigade, with its tower, it probably won't look quite as imposing.

Correct me if I'm wrong here, but I'm pretty sure the clock and shield are new designs, which would be the first time new printed pieces are made for a modular, right?

Correct me if I'm wrong here, but I'm pretty sure the clock and shield are new designs, which would be the first time new printed pieces are made for a modular, right?

I was thinking the same. I just went through all the printed dishes in the Bricklink catalogue and couldn't see that one anywhere. If that is the case it would indeed be a first for the modular line!

That office employee has got the hairpiece from the Flamenco Dancer in CM series 6. A first in a regular set, I believe :)

Edit: Is that a new torso on the bride? I don't think it's the same as the one from last year's bride and groom set...

And obviously, this is where the images came from. Looks like a Romanian Lego webshop...

Edited by L@go

I was thinking the same. I just went through all the printed dishes in the Bricklink catalogue and couldn't see that one anywhere. If that is the case it would indeed be a first for the modular line!

It might be in a as-yet-unreleased summer set, for all we know. Or it could be another first!

Dakar

Has anyone been able to see how tall it is (cm or inches)?

I can't tell, even after going to the website. You might be able to check by calculating it's height in bricks, then multiplying that by the height of a brick. :cry_sad: But it is 10 inches long.

Dakar

Also, mikey, save that image, because at some point, the Iron fist of Lego leak protection will swing down and clear away those images untill March. Plus, could you give us a link to the image?

Dakar

I fixed the pic's. Thie issue was that "http://" was typed twice.

Dakar

EDIT- It seems to be 32x32, so regular footprint, just taller!

It looks like its in the product listing on a Romanian toy site. Here's the product page http://caramidute.ro/p/1003/town-hall

Has anyone been able to see how tall it is (cm or inches)?

It looks to be about 50 bricks tall to the tip of the clock tower, so about 19in./48cm

I really like this!!!!! A little bummed that it is not 48 wide, that would have been a nice addition. But this is very nice! I love the color!

The design, and in some aspects, the colour of this looks very similar to 10197 Fire Brigade, which I MUST get soon before it goes! :laugh:

This will look tremendous sandwiched between the Green Grocer and the Fire Brigade :wub_drool:

Edited by Ricecracker