Pally

New modular building? 10224 Town Hall

considering people out there will pay $400+ for Green Grocer and insane amounts for Cafe Corner, I'm sure a $200 set will sell

I'm gonna be cringing a bit when I buy this, but I still will. I have bought 10195...twice. :blush: I did have a few moments of regret once I get them, but I still got 'em

I'm gonna be cringing a bit when I buy this, but I still will. // I did have a few moments of regret once I get them, but I still got 'em

Then maybe collecting isn't for you. Money I've spent has come with no regrets, I just value it more for all the hard work that went into it.

I am sceptical that the town hall will be any larger than the usual modular set. A larger piece count is not indicative of the size of said pieces. And gauging price per region is difficult too, they do fluctuate wildly.

I guess its all down to pure speculation then... Im hoping for a set that's just slightly larger than the regular modulars, but

like I said I am curious to see what Lego will put out and will put it on my list to buy ... eventually.

I'm hoping for an 'inside corner' building.

Similar to this:

5676772568_c773f70bbe.jpg

Flickr Images here

Locutis

Technically speaking, this is not an inside corner building, since the two invisible sidewalls are still on the same spot as where they are in the café corner. You cannot build a square with four of Jasper Joppes police headquarters. With a real inverse corner modular building, this would be possible.

Where to find or buy the original spanish grocer instructions? If following this topic Miran0620 is not the original builder?

What? If you're talking about the Green Grocer, instructions are available on LEGO.com. Regardless, please keep this topic aimed at discussion towards the new, official modular building. Thank you.

I'm hoping for an 'inside corner' building.

Similar to this:

5676772568_c773f70bbe.jpg

Flickr Images here

Locutis

I really like this building! But I cannot see how a building like this would integrate into my modular layout.

That said, I still like the building.

Andy D

Edited by Andy D

In all likelihood their are no 'original' instructions that were stolen, the guy selling them reverse engineers the designs from photos posted by the AFOLs who built them and makes instructions.

If I want to build those nice MOC's, actually I have to buy those instructions? It is hard without for me.

If I want to build those nice MOC's, actually I have to buy those instructions? It is hard without for me.

I guess so. A good skill to learn is to try and copy things from photos though, it will help you design your own models too, and it means you wont be rewarding someone who is profiting from a fellow AFOLs creative work. Among train builders if you ask nicely sometimes the original builder will explain how tricky bits have been done or even take more photos to show how.

Well the year is coming to an end and I was about to order another Grand Emporium for parts and another big modular only to find that it is sold out. I have no options to add it to wish list, or any dates for when it will become available. Could this be a sign for the new set? I hope so, I need a new official modular!!

Well the year is coming to an end and I was about to order another Grand Emporium for parts and another big modular only to find that it is sold out. I have no options to add it to wish list, or any dates for when it will become available. Could this be a sign for the new set? I hope so, I need a new official modular!!

Did you check Amazon?

Last I checked they had hundreds in stock (more than 1,000 to be exact).

Locutis

The higher piece count is definitely great news.

Something tells me that we'll get a 32 wide building which extends a little bit further into the sidewalk that the other buildings have so far, perhaps with broad stairs.

Pictures are coming out for second wave 2012, as this is a first half of 2012 set when are pictures going to come out?

The pictures for the 2012 sets are all from catalogues distributed to retailers. The modular buildings are Lego exclusives and therefore wont appear in those catalogues. The last modular building, the pet shop, was kept under such close wrap that it was only seen by a few individuals before it launched.

The pictures for the 2012 sets are all from catalogues distributed to retailers. The modular buildings are Lego exclusives and therefore wont appear in those catalogues. The last modular building, the pet shop, was kept under such close wrap that it was only seen by a few individuals before it launched.

Thanks, I was hoping that some pictures might have been released since it is supposed to come out in early 2012.

If we haven't seen any pictures by now, it probably won't be coming out soon. My best guess would be in March or April, or perhaps

maybe in the summer...

As far as the Grand Emporium, it was sold out for a week or so, but it looks like they are still available, and in my

January 2012 Shop@Home catalogue, they are still in there along with the Fire Brigade and the PetShop.

I remember with the Pet Shop, it was kept VERY quiet. I think it was Follows Closely who gave us some juicy details. Maybe he has some more about the rumored, "Town Hall"? :tongue::sweet:

The higher piece count is definitely great news.

Something tells me that we'll get a 32 wide building which extends a little bit further into the sidewalk that the other buildings have so far, perhaps with broad stairs.

Due out in July in NZ and the price has gone up 20% above the price for the other modulars. So I hope the increase is due do piece count and not a general increase like that for the new City sets in 2012. :thumbdown:

I hope we hear a few details soon. I just reviewed the Mini Modular set and was a little disappointed, but I am looking forward to the next full set that I can build and then tear down to adapt to 16-wide! :D

Due out in July in NZ and the price has gone up 20% above the price for the other modulars. So I hope the increase is due do piece count and not a general increase like that for the new City sets in 2012. :thumbdown:

There will be 2766 pieces in the Town Hall set. :thumbup:

There will be 2766 pieces in the Town Hall set. :thumbup:

Hmmm.... Now how might one know that without having some pictures, hmmmmmm? Just kidding, nice to get confirmation on the number of peices and name. Be sure to tell us all you can HighFlyer!

Dakar

All I know is:

2766 pieces

ÂŁ149.99

Release expected to be March 2012

Since this is ÂŁ150, I'd expect it to be around $180 - $200.

I know nothing about the design/features of the set. That remains to be rumours for the time being.

Edited by HighFlyer

I personally can't wait for this set. For me personally, it demonstrates a maturity in the series because a 'Town Hall' is quite a specific concept, which is why many are having trouble imagining how it will look. This is a good thing though, and I imagine it will introduce an array of new ideas that differ from the shop narratives so far.

The main features I can see existing in this set are;

• a large clock, or centre-piece to the top of the building. This must sure be a certainty, given how popular they have proved in designs for literally a couple hundred years at least.
  • a 'meeting' room of some kind, so that the LEGO people can discuss new ideas for their town. The only difficulty with this is how they will implement it whilst making the build interesting and not overly repetitive (i.e many seats). Either way, it will be a room to commute.
  • if we are to assume it will have a slighty higher than average minifigure count at 5 or possibly 6 for the price, then I would set aside at least 2 being public members (who are being attended to), and the people serving them to be a receptionist and possibly a mayor (top hat, suit etc). The others will have different roles around the building.
  • a longer building at 2 storeys high, rather than a shorter one at 3 storeys. In other words, like the 'Fire Brigade' only with more length. The reason I think this is because TLG would otherwise struggle to fill the space with worthy features. Whats more, the already known higher brick count takes into fact that this could well be a longer building worthy of being an important establishment in the town.
  • pillars/collumns, as others have suggested. How big or small they are will remain to be seen, but they should almost definitely be a feature like the main clock/centre piece.
  • call me ambitious or even nuts… but I think there will be a large room dedicated to a town 'competition', such as (an easy example) a baking contest. Why? Because all the modulars so far have little narratives, and the town hall is no exception - even though it serves more of a purpose than the other buildings. I think a community activity like a contest has the spirit of what a town hall is all about - uniting the people that reside there. Either way, some kind of communal 'activity' will take place within the building…

Just some thoughts, but I'd love to hear what other people think will 'realistically' be in this set :sweet: