frogstudio

MOD: 7997 - Yellow Train Station

Hi!!!

Just wanted to share with you this MOD. This is the Main Train Station in my city layout. Comments and suggestions are welcomed. Hope you like it!!!

7997-mod_001.jpg

7997-mod_002.jpg

7997-mod_003.jpg

7997-mod_004.jpg

7997-mod_005.jpg

You're right: The official train stations are way too small to represent a real station.

If done it similarly with set 4513, the world city Grand Central Station.

I guess you have bought two sets of 7997 to achieve this nice MOC?

One thing though disturbs my eye: The green door! Neither the color nor the old fashioned style fits with the train station. Maybe some sliding doors like in the Family Home set 6754?

So much better than the original set. IT just begged to be modded to have a longer platform. Very good job making it still resemble the original but with huge improvements over that one :thumbup:

Very nice design, looks great! I like it much better than any of the recent Lego releases. Great build!

Nice station, a good length of platform is always a bonus. I need to build a station myself and am wondering how to go about it so it is always good to get inspiration.

Can I ask one question? I've seen these on a few station MOCs/MODs now and am wondering what they are, the little helicopter rota blades attached to the platforms? At first I considered that they maybe turnstyles, but they don't look like they are as they are close to the edge, can someone enlighten me?

Nice station, a good length of platform is always a bonus. I need to build a station myself and am wondering how to go about it so it is always good to get inspiration.

Can I ask one question? I've seen these on a few station MOCs/MODs now and am wondering what they are, the little helicopter rota blades attached to the platforms? At first I considered that they maybe turnstyles, but they don't look like they are as they are close to the edge, can someone enlighten me?

they must be rotating gates like when u go on the subway or go to an amusement park. It also counts the number of people passing through

Hi to all!!!

First of all, I want to thank you all for your kind comments. Now, a few answers... The MOD was made by uniting two copies of the set. A few pieces were added (mainly doors and a couple of bricks to cover some gaps the original model has. As someone replied, the rotor pieces are ment to be revolving barriers, the sort of which can be found in most subway stations. Think that's all. Many thanks and cheers...