Yep, with a lot of air bubble. I publish here a picture of one axle, I have scan several axle from new and used and this is all the same : air bubble. Now I have to figure out why, is this made for a specific reason (less material, MuCell ?) or problem of fabrication ? Or nothing care about it ?

zgDmr3L.jpg

This is a new 6L black axle (I assume from 2016 from the cargo plane), you can see air bubble and an inclusion on left.L The triangle part is the support for the axle.

The only axle which has not air bubble is the 5.5L but this is because it is not molded as the other, so I assume the air bubble is due to process and lego do not care about it.

hBBoFm6.jpg

Edited by nico71

Here is my creation, and the project I worked on it for month now ! I hope you enjoy !

A Lego reproduction of a iconic car, the Citroën 2CV in 1/15 scale, featured independent suspensions, steering with steering wheel and HOG on the rear, and openable doors, hood and trunk with detailed interior and engine. With pro-building instructions and also available for sale on mochub in 11 different colored versions.

IMG_8045.jpg

Context

After designing my big Lego technic Citroen 2CV, you were many to ask building instructions, which I did with the help of Thorsten Spelz. After some year, the company Mochub contact me to be one of builders on the website. I added some moc and the big 2CV because you were also many to ask. But the availability and the price of used parts made that the price was very pricy, that is why I have decided to build a second smaller Citroen 2Cv which can be produced at a good price with some functions.

IMG_8047

I have started in November and work hard to get the Citroen 2Cv project ready for the begining of 2018. I have used rebrickable and the team of mochub to know which parts I can use, and which I can not. Thanks to that, I design 11 differents colored version based on real version of the 2CV but without using too much rare parts and expensive. This article will present the first version I build, the Dolly White and Red version.

IMG_8048

Functionalities

In order to have small price for this serie of moc, I decided to start with a 1/15 scale (dimensions are Wheel : Ø44mm, 26cm (L) x 11cm (W) x 12cm (H) ) which enables me to have some functionnalities without to big creation. First the suspensions, they are independent with swing arm like on real and shoch absorbers placed on the floor. Of course at this scale it is not possible to reproduce the complex functionning of linkage between front and rear suspensions. But as the suspensions are quite soft, it is very nice to play with it.

IMG_8067.jpg

The second functionality is the steering. The steering is operated by linkage between the two wheels, then connected to other connecting rod on a lever. The steering wheel operates this lever with a low amplitude but works nice. The Hand of god placed at the rear is removable and operate a other lever which connected to the first. Consequently the steering can be operated either front the back, or the dashboard.

IMG_8050

The last functionalities are about the opening elements. The four doors, trunk and hood can be open which reveal a detailed engine and interior with seats.

Design

Of course the design was also an important point to manage. But the Citroen 2Cv has the advantages to have particular shapes which are recognizable. I have to make this particular shape well done in order to regonize easily the 2Cv for non Lego users. Which I succeed I think.

IMG_8055

The front and rear wings was the important point. I re-used the techniques on my previous big 2Cv in lego which is to use soft axle and beam to get the front mudguard. For the rear, I use small panel to keep the suspensions working and a soft axle for the shape of the rear mudguard.

Regarding the hood, it is composed of beam and soft axle to have the correct shape. It is a bit bulky at this scale but it was not possible to make it better without having the open hood. Under the hood, you can see a detailed engine.

IMG_8051

The other important point was the openable elements, I wanted to have the whole doors which can be open but also the trunk and the hood. Regarding the doors, as I wanted to have a non expensive price for this moc on mochub, I have to chose correctly the parts, including the length of flex, that Is why the building is a bit special with a connection point on the bottom instead of two points (I have to use a 12L flex, instead of a 7L which is not available in many color).

IMG_8053

This is the same reason why there are some black parts on the hood or roof, because I have used parts which are not expensive and available in many color. That is why I have used mainly connector instead of bush-axle. All that to say, that I had to manage the design of original 2CV but also the chosen parts. But at the final, the shape is well respected and the particular shape are well done which make the 2CV easily recognizable.

More infos for buying the building instructions (728 parts) : http://www.nico71.fr/lego-technic-citroen-2cv/

And the mochub link to get the whole package, parts plus building instructions : https://www.mochub.com/user/59/mocs

mochub1.jpg

mochub2.jpg

mochub3.jpg

mochub4.jpg

Soon available on rebrickable for the bill of material.

Do not hesitate to ask questions :)

Your big 2CV is indeed one of my favourite MOCs, but this is a nice surprise! The price for the whole package is indeed decent. I will wait for the MOC to become available on Rebrickable to see how many parts I’m missing for the Black/Red Charleston version. I particularly like the suspension, true to the wobbly nature of the original 2CV! :-)

Great work, I am considering mochub for my pneumatic excavator.

How do you like mochub? Is it good, so they have good people? 

Personnally, I like a lot mochub, they contact me month ago and they are very open to the comment in order to improve their system. They are 7 to work in this company I they are very proffessionnal. I have the chance to visit the warehouse via skype with the person in charge of the talent managing (Lili Juhasz) and it was really good and safe.

I do not know if the price of your moc will be in phase of the expectation but you can try, in order to have a report and price and you will see :)

Just now, nico71 said:

I do not know if the price of your moc will be in phase of the expectation but you can try, in order to have a report and price and you will see :)

I doubt it would sell much, so I still will stay at considering. Thanks for the report.

3 hours ago, nico71 said:

Thank you, Here is the bill of material in picture file, if it can help you :)

Un grand merci! :-)

Are you sure of the price sou said ? Because I have checked and if I order all parts with multibuy, I come to acording to rebrickable. 70-80€

With mochub, there is 9.95$ of packaging and the comission for mocer which is low for this type of moc because smaller. So for 50€, you already have some part in your collection ? (because wheel, spring, bent liftarm and soft axle are not cheap).

The rebrickable link are on : 

https://rebrickable.com/users/Nico71/mocs/

:)

I don't know if I'm that medicore or just can't do self-branding, but I'm a little upset that I'm still not on the map for Hungarians, even though I'm Hungarian. I registered to Mochub, but I guess they would have never considered to contact me. When I got 2nd place on the pneumatic contest, The SBrick guys had no idea who I am and I was treated like a regular customer, I couldn't arrange a meeting with the communications person because there was always something more important...

Sorry for the rant, I like this model very much!

21 minutes ago, Lipko said:

I don't know if I'm that medicore or just can't do self-branding, but I'm a little upset that I'm still not on the map for Hungarians, even though I'm Hungarian. I registered to Mochub, but I guess they would have never considered to contact me. When I got 2nd place on the pneumatic contest, The SBrick guys had no idea who I am and I was treated like a regular customer, I couldn't arrange a meeting with the communications person because there was always something more important...

Sorry for the rant, I like this model very much!

I think it is about branding because mochub team has contact many builder, and I give them more, but to be honest, I do not know very well your work. I sell your rebrickable account but I think this is because you do not make many moc.

You are active from 2013 with 8 mocs on your blog. I am active from 2007 (year 10 years now !) with 100 of moc. That is to say when people search something about lego on internet, they found more easily my content because I have more moc. To find you, we have to search dedicated thing like audi car etc. So I assume that is why mochub did not contact you (despite the fact that you make awesome moc). 

Even for me, I am affraid to not know everything happen in lego technic regarding moc. That is why I have many subscribving on youtube and follow many blog and forum. But for instance I discover a large panel of user who only post on dedicated facebook page. So I have start to watch it but it is a mess for me.

So best I can said is contact them, uplaod a moc and that is all. Mochub is open to everyone :)

14 minutes ago, LvdH said:

I exported the parts list of the black and red one (like your original big version) to a bricklink wanted list and let the auto find feature do its thing. It gave me 3 stores with a combination of €50. It will probably end up to about €70 after shipping etc, so as I said the prices aren't bad at Mochub. I suppose the price also depends on what colour you are talking about. 

Ah ok, the charleston blakc red is one of the cheapest. But I do the same with rebrickable and it give me more money that you said. But as you said, the price on mochub is decent and I can not do more for that, I have already a small comission to enables more sale (not for me, but for people).

The higher price I guess is also because they're guaranteeing they can get all the parts combined and then ship to the buyers location. They probably also carry a bunch of stock as well so need to cover that plus salaries/commissions etc. Seems _very_ reasonably priced to me. Those that know their way around bricklink and are in a location for cheaper shipping from multiple vendors would be expected to be able to do a cheaper option ofcourse, but that takes some time and time is money too! I can see that for lots of people, just being able to order instructions and parts together for a slightly premium price will be a great option.

Great work Nico - have got it on my list to build :)

Hello, @nico71!

I'm building your NSX, and I've noticed some strong rubbing when the steering is at the extreme. Is that to be expected?

53 minutes ago, LvdH said:

Speaking of the Honda NSX, how are the instructions going? It looks like a fantastic car to build but without proper parts list it's hard to know what I need or already have. 

The instructions are good, but I recommend you read all the way through before starting, there are a couple mistakes that are only fixed later in the instructions that require a lot of disassembly.

I'll be writing a full review later on, when I finish the car.

4 hours ago, Moran said:

is there a part list for the NSX ?

I wasn't able to find a printable list, but if you go on the rebrickable page for the NSX, you can find the list.

2 hours ago, Moran said:

No NSX in rebrickable :(

Oh, right. Sorry. In that case, there is no parts list, just try to start building it.

Hello guy, sorry for the dealy, yes the part list will be soon available and also the pro building instruction made by Kevin willians !

I will post here when it is published.

thank you for the comment on the small loader, it has huge success on rebrickable.

Here is some view of a problem on a XL motor I have, it doesn't work, so a bit of Xray imaging, and I find the problem. Do you understand what it is ? (easy)

uq1ri1v.jpg

EjJgeHD.jpg

only broken wires.. it's possible to reasemble electrical coupling, cut a wire band and assembly it again?

Yes the wire are broken, due to 10 year of use, but the rubber is clean so assuming it is a fatigue fracture.

I will dissassemble the connector, cut wire, replace and reassemble. But it is easy to fix comparing to my servo motor wich has the same problem but on the other side (so need tin sodler)