@nico71 wow, this is fantastic.  You've captured it so well.  I'll be nominating this for HoF entry.  My favourite part - is that an oldskool casette player stereo in the central console above the gear stick!?  Wonderful MOC.

Thanks for sharing and the interesting personal story in the description! I love this car too (+ its successor) since I´ve been playing Gran Tourismo on PS1 and you´ve replicated it so well - you have caught its soul :wub:! Very sophisticated bodywork, ingenious suspension, lovely details everywhere, nice functions and playability. Most pleasing features are the sleeping eyes and removable HOG. I wouldn´t dare to criticize my most respected master builder :blush:, but I can´t hesitate to say: the rear part is somewhat too low compared to the original car.. But otherwise great achievement regarding the limitations of the scale! Are you planning to share instructions? I´d love to build this for my kids (and for myself of course) :laugh:!

I’m always looking forward to your new creations and I really appreciate that you always make instructions! I still remember first seeing this car in Auto Motor und Sport when I was a student. A reall classic!

I have released the free instruction as photo sequence (188 pages), and Kevin Williams is currentyl building the Pro-instructions which will be for sale for 5e at usual :)

Just now, nico71 said:

I have released the free instruction as photo sequence (188 pages), and Kevin Williams is currentyl building the Pro-instructions which will be for sale for 5e at usual :)

Cool, are you going to put it on Rebrickable for the parts list?

Fantastic Honda! So realistic, so many functions in such a small scale!  

Edited by Aleh

On 11/10/2017 at 11:08 AM, LvdH said:

What are the lenths of the soft axles?

Sorry I missed that, The NSx is partially dismantled so I can not tell you but I all comes froms the GTB fiorano 8145 lego.

My new creation (small one) for halloween  :

A small creation for halloween : the lighning halloween monster.

IMG_7219

For marking the occasion, I have decided some weeks ago to build a special creation for halloween. I wanted to create a pumpkin in lego with lights in it but not figure out to build correct shape with the orange parts I have. Therefore, I have decided to build a lighting sculpture of a monster.

IMG_7231

There are two Led Lights from lego (so 4 LED), which is connected to the lipo battery. Then, I put on other motor and battery to make alternately rotate the control of power of the light, in order to have a alive effect.

IMG_7236

The principal difficulty was to obtain the correct shape on the mouth and the eye especially in the dark. Then I uses translucent red parts for the teeth because with black one, there was not enough light power to have a good effect. Regarding the result I think I would need a other light on the center to have a complete and proper mouth illumination.

IMG_7247

The second important point was to avoid light leak because if there is, the viewing result will not be good. That I do by making a box around the light to prevent leak and add a black flat panel on the rear in order to limit the light reflection on the background. The result is not perfect but this is lego technic, not system, so I can not make full dark boxes. The effect is still conclusive by displaying at the Halloween night and have some good returns.

A new creation, a Pneumatic mine, featured single pneumatic engine, derrick and sliding trolley with ball contraption.

IMG_7287

I wanted for a while to build new creation based on pneumatic and great ball contraption. At the beginning I wanted to create a vertical sculpture with powered ball clock but because of lack of parts to create the structure, I changed my plan to create a horizontal creation. The idea was found at the end to match the design with a mine with a rotating derrick and sliding trolley, powered by a pneumatic engine.

IMG_7274

The pneumatic engine is a single engine with a non modified switch and a inertia wheel with 1:5 ratio increasing (like my old one but better built and balanced). It enables the engine to run smoothly without stops under charge. A centrifugal governor is only for viewing convenience and has no regulator function. Note that the timing ignition is set to 30° and do not require adjustment and the engine run at 100rpm at its maximum with 5 hand pump. You pump, start the engine, and it runs. I have also made a clutch system in order to start the engine, and then power the mine using sliding gear.

IMG_7281

The first important point is the timing door which is composed of two lever connected with gearing, and operated by a lever and connecting rod. It enables the ball to by released only one per one when the cage comes down to catch it. I have seen that for the first time on the creation of PV-Production so many thanks to him for the idea.

IMG_7277

The second device is the derrick, it is very simple with a oscillating beam which is connected to the rotating lever and the cage. In the cage there is a slope which enables to lock the ball against the wall and on the top release it on the two rails. After rolling on the rails, the ball comes in the trolley.

IMG_7283

The trolley is powered by a lever with connecting rod, which makes move the trolley back and forth on the yellow rail. On the top on the rail, the trolley comes against a liftarm which forces it to rotate and then release the ball and the process is repeated again and again.

IMG_7275

The hardest part of this creation was to fit all mechanical and ball passages in the frame. I did not want to have a huge creation in order to not use many parts. That is why I have started with the derrick and timing doors, makes the two rails and the trolley system, and then plug the engine. In this case, the construction is quite compact and of course divided in sub-models, enabling to set up the timing pretty easily (which is very tolerant regarding timing between axle). At the end, the functioning is smooth, quite slow but very nice to see. Of course the pneumatic engine can be replaced by electrical motor if you have not the parts or the hand-pump and having a great ball contraption.

Building Instructions

pneumaticmine1

I have made instructions for this creation. This times by taking huge amount of picture and do publishing process to get a nice photo sequence instructions, with the bill of material per step. This type of instructions enable me to do what I want regarding the building process, the view and some additionnal functions (arrow, circle and so on). I hope you will like this new type. You can see sample below. As usual, you can buy it for 5€ and then download the instruction immediately. Here is the complete bill of material in picture file :

pneumaticmine8 instructions

But you can also checked it on rebrickable (or make any export you want)

rebrickable.png Want to know if you can build the pneumatic mine ? The pneumatic mine  has been indexed to rebrickable, check it !

Please note that the 5 hand pump is a minimum with the air tank to have correct functionning. You can replace by home made compressor, bike pump or air tank bottle but in lego, you will need 5 handpump plus a air tank. Note the hose use can be replace by any lengh you want except the two on the engine which are 9cm and 13.5cm.

You can buy it here for 5€ or on rebrickable : http://www.nico71.fr/pneumatic-mine/

Some sample : 

pneumaticmine2.jpg

pneumaticmine3.jpg

pneumaticmine4.jpg

pneumaticmine7.jpg

Enjoy !

Very clever engineering, high quality presentation (I only miss the direct video link), thank You for sharing! :thumbup:

Thanks for sharing this, i'm building your Honda right now and am enjoying the build experience.  I may just have to give these gbc's a try as they look like so much fun.

Hello everyone, a post today to present you the service mochub. Here is the video I have made (with english subtiles)

Thanks to the new service Mochub from the Hungarian company “We love what you build“. This company is a 7 years old company with 9 employees who have a bricklink and brickown store. They handle many order every day, and has launched the new service Mochub.

This new service enables to each creator to uplaod their creations and ask for a quotation to the mochub service. Then Mochub send a report with the cost, shipping fees, recommended retail price and your commission. Thanks to that, creator can sell their design, but fans can also buy it.

Here is the point, now you can buy some of my creations. I have selected some of my most instructions-sold creations to propose you. Of course the price is more expensive that the lego shop equivalent but because depends of the price of parts on bricklink. But it enables you to not have to make many bricklink order with shipping cost with the risk to forget parts if you have ordered it by yourself (and personally order on bricklink is quite a mess to find all I need ! Some people like it, but definitively not me ^^)

Here is a complete solution, for a small extra cost (or nothing compare to multiple order from bricklink), you can afford you creations from your favorites builders !

What do you think about it ? If you have questions, do not hesitate, Mochub team are pro, they want to improve, so any advice is good :)

Edited by nico71

1 hour ago, nico71 said:

What do you think about it ? If you have questions, do not hesitate, Mochub team are pro, they want to improve, so any advice is good :)

Thanks for the heads up, that would be cool to do one day, but that would mean they can say " we sell this model " and the buyer may ask who made it, but what if they say they made it...

1 hour ago, Aventador2004 said:

Thanks for the heads up, that would be cool to do one day, but that would mean they can say " we sell this model " and the buyer may ask who made it, but what if they say they made it...

The name of the creator is right by the MOC name. There is no confusion as to who made the MOC. They're a distributor, just like toys r us is for Lego. The only difference is that they sort/pack the pieces. 

Edit 2: they're more like Amazon's fulfillment service. Great to see such a service available for Lego MOCs. 

@nico71 That's a really cool service that mochub provides. It helps MOC creators focus on building, instead of fulfilling orders. Thanks for bringing it to our attention. 

Edited by BusterHaus

2 minutes ago, BusterHaus said:

The name of the creator is right by the MOC name. There is no confusion as to who made the MOC. They're a distributor, just like toys r us is for Lego. The only difference is that they sort/pack the pieces. 

@nico71 That's a really cool service that mochub provides. It helps MOC creators focus on building, instead of fulfilling orders. Thanks for bringing it to our attention. 

Yes, I hope they put their names with a grouping of their builds.

Excalty, mochub only have the stock of parts, pack in it and send to the customer, according the the part list they have.