Sign in to follow this  
Alibabo

Discovery of America

thindexedgif.gif 180B

Hi!

This is my newest MOC... and the FIRST ship and pirates MOC in my life :jollyroger: , so I the ship is not the best, I know, but I didn't have any ship pieces. This is the scene, when colombus and his Conquistadors set up the cross in the New World. The ship is not the Santa Maria, That was a bigger Nao, it is just the Pinta or the Nina maybe :pir-cry_happy: , a Carvell. I am looking for any council, if you have :pir-sweet:

I hope, you will like it:

Brickshelf: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=481812

cross1.jpg

cross2.jpg

shipback1.jpg

ship1.jpg

jungle.jpg

This is a really great moc :thumbup: The landscape is nicely done with some great details, the trees look nice and the cross being hauled upright is a great scene and looks great with the use of string. The ship looks really good too, its obviously out of scale, but it works and can be interpreted as in the background and thus smaller :pir-classic: For a small scaled ship it really does look good as you have packed in enough detail to make it recognizable. Great work all round, expecially as its your first pirate type moc. Keep 'em coming!

Your ship may not be the best, but it's certainly very good. Considering you don't have any ship pieces it's just impressive :thumbup:

The mizzen mast could be improved a little when compared to a real caravel but I really like the rest of it.

The island is also nice, I like the trees and how some people are hoisting the cross.

[bloggedcp][/bloggedcp]

The whole scene looks amazing.

you can really see the action of raising that cross.

And I like those tree's good technique

Bart

I really like the way you built this MOC. It almost seems as though this could be a painting from the Spanish Golden Age with the heoric raising of the Croos and the galleon in the background. Great Work! :pir-laugh: