Sign in to follow this  
Hinckley

Baritones 3: Day Four

001.jpg

It is a much quieter night in Moonlight. Not a creature was stirring...except for that ostrich.

002.jpg

Down the street a ways, Petr foolishly walks through the gloomy shade of night alone.

003.jpg

"God damn it!" Zepher says, "You may as well not waste any more time. We know I'm dying. You've showed my face."

004.jpg

There, is that better?

"Hardly." an anonymous dark figure complains, "I, Petr, am greatly annoyed by this!"

Another dark figure approaches.

"Oh shut up already." It says.

Bang!

005.jpg

And that is the end of Petr (Zepher).

006.jpg

It is now the wee hours of the morning, just before dawn. Stanislav wanders the street outside Ivan's deli, disoriented.

007.jpg

A dark figure walks up, laughing.

Ratatatatatatatatat!

008.jpg

And that is the end of Stanislav (Shadows).

009.jpg

In the morning, Ivan sees a crowd below his balcony and assumes they are there to hear the results of yesterday's lynch.

"I am having the good news, everyone!" Ivan tells them, "Donil (Waterbrick Down) was a member of The Russian Mafia. However, last night we lost Petr (Zepher) who was a member of the Town."

010.jpg

"Ivan, I think you should come down here," The Cross-Dressing Construction Man says.

011.jpg

Ivan comes down to the street to see a horrifying sight: his brother Stanislav (Shadows) dead on the sidewalk. Stanislav was a member of the Town.

"No!!!!!!" Ivan cries.

012.jpg

Ivan throws himself on his dear brother's body.

"No, please! Not my brother!" Ivan cries. "He was such a good man! OK, so sometimes complete megablocks, but deep down such a good man!"

013.jpg

"There must be justice for my family's blood!!" Ivan cries, "Today we must lynch a mobster!"

014.jpg

"Lynch?" Agent Veronica asks, "I knew it! I told you countless times, no lynch mobs. But you did it anyway! It's illegal. Do you know how much trouble you can be in with the law? And I'm the law!!!"

"Are you saying we use the handcuffs tonight?" Ivan offers.

But Agent Veronica storms off, very angry.

015.jpg

"Oh no," Ivan sighs, "I have hurt the feelings of young lady by not being honest about forming lynch mob to kill friends and neighbors. Will I never learn?"

016.jpg

"Today is the day we take our town back!" Ivan says as everyone gathers around, "Now there is no day ending when voting is complete! We continue to discuss and strategize after conviction is reached! There are helpful ways for town to speak and chance to turn over conviction! No rule about unvoting after conviction is reached and no more death for no voting. That is cruel trick of Full Moon Festival. Now we use our 72 hours to find scummy bags. Still only one unvote, so make extra sure it is being used with the smart brains so we can catch mobsters! You megablocks of mothers have killed my brother and you will pay. I must find way to help town! This is meaning the war!!!"

And after that rousing speech, the citizens of Moonlight, once again, begin discussing who among them is likely to be a scummy bag.

Day Four has now begun. You may not vote in the first 24 hours.

The Rules:

1. Each player will be given a character to play, who will be aligned with either the Town or the Scum. To win the game, the Town must kill off all the Scum, while the Scum needs to outnumber the Town. Any third party player will have win conditions that are detailed in their role PM...
  2. Each day you will be able to vote to lynch a player. Voting should be done in the following format; Vote: Character (Player). Similarly, unvoting is to be done in the format; Unvote: Character (Player). No other format will be accepted. A majority vote is required to lynch a player. You may also proxy your vote to another player, using this format; proxy: Character (Player)
  3. You are only allowed one unvote per game day. :devil_laugh:
  4. A game day will last 72 hours. You may not vote in the first 24 hours. After the day has concluded, a night stage will commence, which will last 48 hours. Night actions must be sent to the host in the first 24 hours of the night stage, or they will not be accepted, no exceptions.
  5. If you do not reach a conviction, there will be a penalty...
  6. The alignment of lynched players, as well as those that died during the night, will be revealed at the beginning of the next day.
  7. You may not quote or pretend to quote anything sent to you by the game host via PM. This includes all the details of your character and role, as well as any night action results. Role claims and reporting of night action results are acceptable, but in your own words only. Do not attempt to use the structure of your role PM to your advantage.
  8. Do not play the game outside the thread. Similarly, do not post out of character inside the thread. Game tactics and roles may only be discussed in the game thread or via PM with other players. Private discussion is done at your own risk and should be treated as part of the game.
  9. If you are dead, you may not post in thread or discuss the game with any of the players. Any information you had becomes void, and may not be passed on.
  10. If you are converted, you must accept your new affiliation. If it's proven that you gave up your new team after conversion, the whole game will be null and you will most likely not to be asked to play one of my games again.
  11. You may not edit your posts.
  12. You must post in every day thread.
  13. If you encounter a problem or have a question, please contact the host via PM. Please please please use only the confirmation PM I sent you to communicate with me. All new conversations regarding the game will be deleted.
  14. Violation of the above rules will result in automatic death.

Players

barbara.jpg

Barbara, a yoga instructor, married to Boris, played by Bob The Construction Man

boris.jpg

Boris, a pawn shop owner, married to Barbara, played by Brickdoctor

catya.jpg

Catya, a college student, engaged to yan, played by The Crazy One

denis.jpg

Denis, a construction worker, played by def

dmitri.jpg

Dmitri, a highway patrol officer, married to Raya, played by Dragonator

falicia.jpg

Falicia, a delivery woman, married to Patrick, played by Fugazi

irene.jpg

Irene, an artist, married to Benji, played by iamded

nika.jpg

Nika, a firefighter, sister of Donil and Timur, played by CorneliusMurdock

patrick.jpg

Patrick, a firefighter, married to Falicia, played by Pandora

petra.jpg

Petra, a nurse, played by Peanuts

polina.jpg

Polina, a Moonlight Transit Authority (MTA) employee, played by CallMePieOrDie

raya.jpg

Raya, a real estate agent, married to Dmitri, played by Rick

ruslana.jpg

Ruslana, the chief of Police, played by Quarryman

ruxana.jpg

Ruxana, a pilot, played by Roncanator

samuel.jpg

Samuel, retired mechanic, married to Sarah, played by Sandy

timur.jpg

Timur, a firefighter, brother of Donil and Nika, played by Captain Tamamono

vera.jpg

Vera, a highway patrol officer, played by KartoffelViking

wilem.jpg

Wilem, a Moonlight Transist Authority (MTA) employee, played by White Fang

yan.jpg

Yan, a college student, played by Jim Butcher

The Deceased

benji_dead.jpg

Benji, a businessman, married to Irene, played by Big Cam - convicted on Day One (Town)

eugene_dead.jpg

Eugene, a manager of The Green Door Tavern, played by Eskallon - murdered on Night One (Town)

sarah_dead.jpg

Sarah, a retired piano teacher, married to Samuel, played by Sirius Black - died mysteriously during Day Two (Town)

yuri_dead.jpg

Yuri, a personal trainer, played by badboytje88 - Murdered on Night Two (Town)

elena_dead.jpg

Elena, a college professor, played by Inconspicuous - murdered on Night Two (Town)

max_dead.jpg

Max, a lawyer, played by Masked Builder - died mysteriously during Day Three (Scum)

donil_dead.jpg

Donil, a police officer, brother of Nika and Timur, played by Waterbrick Down - convicted on Day Three (Scum)

petr_dead.jpg

Petr, a construction worker, played by Zepher - murdered on Night Three (Town)

stanislav_dead.jpg

Stanislav, brewery manager, played by Shadows - murdered on Night Three (Town)

Reserves

Millacol88

cralegoboy

bendybadger

Non-playing Characters

00_npc_ivan.jpg

Ivan, deli owner, widower of Florence

00_npc_steve.jpg

Steve, co-owner of Fogo de Chao, common-law-married to The Cross-Dressing Construction Man

00_npc_cdc.jpg

The Cross-Dressing Construction Man, co-owner of Fogo de Chao, common-law-married to Steve

00_npc_veronica.jpg

Agent Veronica, an FBI agent

Stanislav, why must it be you! :cry_sad:

I am grieving for you and I am glad I took your advise and go for the scummy Donil. I am sure lots of revelations had been revealed or derived based on what happened yesterday. We ought to get rid of those lawless scumbags soon.

This is so tragic, losing both Stanislav and Petr.

The feck?! Donil was Mafia?! :wall: Oh, how I was completely and stupidly fooled. I'm a complete idiot. :wall: :wall: :wall:

He had me going that entire time. Why oh why was I so stupid? :cry_sad:

I am sincerely sorry for my idiocy, friends. I know that because of my actions yesterday, I may be the target for today, and so be it. I have nothing to hide, I did trust Donil completely, foolishly.

And now Stanislav and Petr are dead. Feck! :wall:

At least, I must thank those of you who were smart enough to see through Donil's lies and smartly lynch him yesterday. I am glad we are rid of his plague, for I am sure that I would've been manipulated by him further.

So, we lynched the right man last night. At least we have that. We all feel for you, Ivan. It's almost like losing a part yourself, I guess.

I shall not mourn my brother Donil. He got what he deserved.

Hooray for lynching a scum!

Not so hurray for me voting for Ruxana. :sad: Gotta stop relying on Gut Feeling...

The feck?! Donil was Mafia?! :wall: Oh, how I was completely and stupidly fooled. I'm a complete idiot. :wall: :wall: :wall:

He had me going that entire time. Why oh why was I so stupid? :cry_sad:

I'm in the same boat as you, but remember, if we are dealing with multiple mafias here (and even in the small chance we're not), we're not idiots unless Ruxana is Town. She looks more trustworthy now, but I don't think she's cleared.

God dammit. After all our efforts yesterday to go against the tide and get Donil convicted, the scum still managed to get their revenge and take out Stanislav. This is a terrible blow to our efforts, I will miss his insight. :cry_sad:

We have a tough day ahead of us everyone, we need to make sure we don't let ourselves slip. If it is true that we are indeed dealing with two Mafias, then we need to be extra vigilant. Does anyone have any new information to share?

Not so hurray for me voting for Ruxana. :sad: Gotta stop relying on Gut Feeling...

Here we go, letting Ruxana off the hook... :hmpf:

But despite these heavy losses - and in Stanislav's case it truly was heavy, since he was our Town Inventor - we have unveiled two more Mafia members thanks to Stan's last minute reveal to me.

I can't help but be partially to blame for Stan's death, because I revealed his night action to the other person now confirmed to be Mafia.

The other person has been very passive-aggressive, yet because of his silence, he has flown under the radar.

The two people in question are Denis (def) and Dmitri (Dragonator). Our Inventor Stanislav pointed them to me saying he is 100% certain of it, and bearing the guilt of not trusting him earlier I must trust him now.

Does anyone have any new information to share?

Not quite the information you wanted to hear, huh? :wink:

The two people in question are Denis (def) and Dmitri (Dragonator). Our Inventor Stanislav pointed them to me saying he is 100% certain of it, and bearing the guilt of not trusting him earlier I must trust him now.

That's very strange, did he say why he suspected me? I can understand why he would be suspicious of Denis, but I don't see what I've done to raise his suspicions. :wacko:

I can confirm though that Samuel's claim regarding Stanislav's action is correct, he was indeed our inventor. His loss is a big one for our town. :thumbdown:

Stanislav was truly the voice of reason, I will miss him.

And I'm very happy we took out Donil. I'm now looking forward to hearing what Ruxana may have discovered during the night :thumbup:

Ouch, losing Stanislav hurts, but at least we did get a scum yesterday. However, there is no time for mourning now, we need to keep going. We can mourn our dead once we've taken back the town.

Did he tell you anything about why he was 100% certain of these two?

I, too also endorses the information of what Samuel has just reveal. It's true that Stanislav is our inventor and whatever he had told me earlier, stands!

Did he tell you anything about why he was 100% certain of these two?

When Stanislav is alive, I understands that he is in contact with the real investigator, and I will have to take his word for it even though I was quite sceptical about it at first. But, now I got no reason of not believing in him anymore. I took a gamble and believed in him yesterday and voted for Donil, ultimately we scored a scum.

Well, good to see we were right about Donil. Samuel, we (at least I) realize that this doesn't clear Ruxana. It is helpful that you got the names of two potential scum from a now confirmed townie, if you are telling us the truth that is.

I, too also endorses the information of what Samuel has just reveal. It's true that Stanislav is our inventor and whatever he had told me earlier, stands!

Did he mention Denis and my husband's ( :cry_sad: ) names to you as well?

Too bad this success is overshadowed by the death of Stanislav and Petr. If Stanislav was indeed an inventor, we have lost yet another important night action. What's also striking is a fourth MO. Note that the gun used last night to kill Petr is not the same gun that 'Padme' used to kill the cannibal Elena (which we've only seen on night 2). Was one mafia family recruiting again last night (as on night 1 perhaps) and does this mean we've only seen the vigilante kill for the first time last night?

Well, good to see we were right about Donil. Samuel, we (at least I) realize that this doesn't clear Ruxana. It is helpful that you got the names of two potential scum from a now confirmed townie, if you are telling us the truth that is.

No, it does not clear Ruxana, but now I felt we got more important pressing matters to go after.

Did he mention Denis and my husband's ( :cry_sad: ) names to you as well?

Will it helps to improve the situation? Unfortunately, your husband's name was identified.

Too bad this success is overshadowed by the death of Stanislav and Petr. If Stanislav was indeed an inventor, we have lost yet another important night action. What's also striking is a fourth MO. Note that the gun used last night to kill Petr is not the same gun that 'Padme' used to kill the cannibal Elena (which we've only seen on night 2). Was one mafia family recruiting again last night (as on night 1 perhaps) and does this mean we've only seen the vigilante kill for the first time last night?

You have pointed out an interesting observation. I wondered if it meant something else.

We're making good progress despite our losses, two scum in as many days is a good score. Still, the appearance of a new murder weapon is worrying.

This is possibly vital information Samuel, but an inventor is not an investigator. Please go on, we deserve a better explanation than 'Stanislav told me'.

This is possibly vital information Samuel, but an inventor is not an investigator. Please go on, we deserve a better explanation than 'Stanislav told me'.

The role of the inventor is a pro-townie role that allows one person each night to "invent" or "build" a random night action ability which will be used to pass down to someone, that was assigned by the inventor to execute the action.

When Stanislav is alive, I understands that he is in contact with the real investigator, and I will have to take his word for it even though I was quite sceptical about it at first. But, now I got no reason of not believing in him anymore. I took a gamble and believed in him yesterday and voted for Donil, ultimately we scored a scum.

Did he also happen to mention that that investigator is me? :sceptic:

I guess I may as well be open about it, since people are starting to point fingers and I've lost my only ally to the damn scum. It's a hard decision considering the risks, but we've lost enough power roles already and I would hate for you to make a mistake and vote for me today. Luckily, Stanislav used his inventor action on the first night to give me a vest, so I am fairly confident that the scum can't kill me at night, at least not on the first attempt. doesn't mean they can't try during the day though! :laugh: I've been collaborating with him this whole time trying to make sense of our situation, and to have Samuel come out and say he sent a message saying he suspects me is very confusing, and certainly unexpected from my end. I am very interested to hear his reasoning, please do elaborate Samuel.

If you're interested, my results thus far have been:

Night 1: Samuel (town)

Night 2: Yan (town)

Night 3: Stanislav (town)

We decided that I should investigate Stanislav last night despite me already being certain of his alignment because we wanted to make sure I wasn't an insane investigator. It seems I am not, which I am certainly glad about. :laugh: There was some indication that things would be different during the full moon, but I received the result as per usual and currently don't have any reason not to trust Yan, so I think that my action at least remained unaffected.

I've put myself in the firing line now for the scum, and will probably die before the end now, but hopefully it will be of some benefit to my fellow townies.

Not Stanislav! I'm going to miss him, :cry_sad: in fact we're all going to miss him, especially as he was so reasonable, and evidently useful. Similarly with Petr, even if he wasn't actually all that reasonable. :sceptic: I'm relieved we caught a scum in Donil, though, that helps a little and makes me think back to those people who were just so keen to try to talk us out of voting for him.

Samuel, like my lovely Falicia I'd like to hear more about what Stanislav told you before his untimely death; it has already be made clear that his insights are valuable so any further information would be useful, I'm sure.

As Raya has pointed out, a new MO has come into play, further increasing my worry over conversions and multiple Mafia families.

I'm glad the discussion is well under way as it is clear we have a lot to talk about.

The role of the inventor is a pro-townie role that allows one person each night to "invent" or "build" a random night action ability which will be used to pass down to someone, that was assigned by the inventor to execute the action.

Ahem, please remember that the night action that's "invented" isn't necessarily random. Or did Stanislav tell you that his inventions were random?

Well, first off, let me apologize to Stanislav. My suspicions were misplaced yesterday. My guess is that, so far, the scum have been lying low and watching town point at each other.

Samuel, I don't know what you're talking about, but I havent seen the message Stan sent you. He certainly wasnt "100% sure" since I'm town. That sounds like a hunch he had about me, but I think it has a lot more to do with me voting for him yesterday than anything else. He was pretty sure Petr was scum yesterday, and said as much to the whole town. Petr wasn't scum either, was he, so his hunches arent that reliable. There's been a lot of gut-based strategy in this game so far, and the only success we've had was from hard information. I'm trying to figure out why he trusted you in the midst of this.

And yeah, you told me his role. I unvoted him yesterday because of that claim and was waiting to see him confirm it yesterday by giving something to you. If I were scum, that in itself would be a reason for me not to kill him. it would make me look too suspicious to have him die the night you told me. I would wait a night or two. I assume the scum have some sort of blocker that could neutralize him for a night or two and provide a scummy alibi. I don't know, but just killing him is not how i would do it. I was home in bed last night. You can follow me or check me if you like. Or you can vote for me and we'll be down one more townie.

How many people did he tell his role to? Any of them could have done it, or simply scum wanting to draw attention to those of us who either voted or accused him yesterday, which is a good scum ploy.

There is one mystery to solve today. If Max kille Elene(?) and was Russian Mafia, and Donil killed Yuri, and was Russian Mafia, why did they get two hits that night? Does this mean there's just one big mafia with two hits? That's kind of unusual.

No! Not Stanislav, a true townie. I am glad lynched a mafia member however. This is encouraging news.

An interesting observation, one which I am leaning towards, yet nothing is certain.

Let me ask this. Excuse my ignorance on the matter but if there are multiple Mafia families, how likely are they to be working together, or agaisnt eachother?

Let me ask this. Excuse my ignorance on the matter but if there are multiple Mafia families, how likely are they to be working together, or agaisnt eachother?

In my experience from other games-of-life and what I've read in books about situations similar to ours multiple Mafia families always work against each other.

I'm ppreety said about Petr. I always assumed he was town, and how many people do you find whose name is the same without an "a"? :cry_sad: I'll also mourn Stanislavski, can't say I trusted him, but he was important to our town indeed. This night was a big loos for us. Well, at least we were right about Donil. Or at least those, who actually voted for him. Well done, people. :classic:

But despite these heavy losses - and in Stanislav's case it truly was heavy, since he was our Town Inventor - we have unveiled two more Mafia members thanks to Stan's last minute reveal to me.

I can't help but be partially to blame for Stan's death, because I revealed his night action to the other person now confirmed to be Mafia.

The other person has been very passive-aggressive, yet because of his silence, he has flown under the radar.

I hope you don't mind giving us more information. You say "in question", but you say 100% certain the same time. Also, I wonder, does it say that one of them is scum or both of them? Not that I don't trust you, but I like to get every information we have.

I wonder what I'm surprised about during the entire introduction, with my hands being raised and all throughout the entire thing. :wacko:

This is very interesting information that's being tossed about. I was correct in my observations that Petr was just a loud and unstable townie, but at least he was somewhat of an asset. I can't help but feel that my theory was off yesterday, which is disappointing as it fell into line with other clues I had gathered.

That Stanislav was our inventor is sad news indeed.

I think we need to know why Stanislav was so certain of Denis and Dimitri, Samuel. If he got results from a night action or whether it was just a feeling he had.