Sign in to follow this  
El Bucanero

VOC Ship Denise

Wow! That's a nice looking ship. But I think that the creator should've stayed with normal Lego rope ladders. Also, should'nt it have a bit more crew :-P .

I love the string riggings, using string riggings=more realistic, more realistic=better. I think I have seen this beauty while browsing brickshelf before.

Excellent find!

One of the best MOC ships I've seen, that's for sure.

I like the ropes he used, they look realistic, and the ship looks more original thanks to them, compared to most Lego ships which use standard brick rigging. The making of that rigging must have taken him days, unless he had them already prepared by someone else or there's a fast method of making them which I'm not aware of.

The size of the ship and the number of details are just amazing. And the realism! It's probably the most realistic Lego ship I've ever seen.

I agree it needs A LOT more crew. I think that's why he didn't put the crew on the rest of the pictures - it would look like a famine or something killed almost everyone and just a few people have survived.

And I don't want to sound boring but I'll ask that again - where are the pictures of the interior? Surely a huge ship like that must have a lot of interesting things inside! We only see part of the gun deck on one picture and that's all. I want more! :-P

That is by far the best MOC i have ever seen i love how he made the cannon ports too and i love the scale he did it in too it was more to realistic scale the lego scale which i liked alot.

I saw that ship a few weeks back.

Someone posted a link to it in one of the threads here...can't remember which one?

It's the best sailing ship I have ever seen built out of lego.

The shape of the brick built hull looks great.

I wonder how many bricks it would take to build a hull like that?

My favorite part of the ship is the back: Back of ship

Do you think it's hard to stay standing on the back of the ship in full armor? lol

Great MOC... wish I had the time and the patience to weave my own rigging.

Why are there so many poor photographers on Brickshelf. I hate coming across a really good model but you cant make out any detail cause the photo is blurry or poorly lit. Todays cameras are pretty idiotproof.

Thats a damn nice ship though.

That is by far the best MOC i have ever seen

Than you should post it in this thread X-D

I was about to suggest this myself!

Does anybody know this Rick Bewier? He's left his Email address for us to tell him about this forum :-D But seriously it would be good to have him here so we can question him personally about his creation.

No I haven't. I still don't have my official Eurobricks Pirate Administrator Email address working yet. Jipay hasn't told me the correct POP3 address so I cannot receive incoming mail, but I can send it. However, that's not wise because if he responds then I can read his response.

However, we probably should give The Denise a better discussion before we invite a VIP here!

I'll give a big Bart Simpson AYE CARUMBA!!!

That is a phenomenal amount of detail incorporated into the stern! He's certainly found a good use for Castle mini-figures in the Pirate theme :-D.

It even has "Denise" written down the bottom - how'd he do that? A sticker perhaps?

That is a phenomenal amount of detail incorporated into the stern! He's certainly found a good use for Castle mini-figures in the Pirate theme :-D.

Indeed.

It even has "Denise" written down the bottom - how'd he do that? A sticker perhaps?

Really, what make you say that? I was almost sure he hand painted it on the bricks using his own blood.

Sorry, just had to say that (well, technically I was typing(and I still am)). But anyway, is your disgruntled Email account functional yet, Phes?

Edited by oo7

Hey! I just noticed the creator is Dutch(or belgian)

So maybe I am the right person to send an email...

That's a good idea.

How did you find out that he is from Belgium?

He wont' mind since he has put his email@ on every picture.

Gewoon doen ;-)

Hey! I just noticed the creator is Dutch(or belgian)

So maybe I am the right person to send an email...

That's a good idea.

How did you find out that he is from Belgium?

He wont' mind since he has put his email@ on every picture.

Gewoon doen ;-)

I dunno if he is Belgian, perhaps he is...

unless someone else already did, I think I'll do it...

But now I still don't know how you could find out that he is Dutch (or belgian) ...

I should add my praise to this thread. This is one of the best large ships I've ever seen! I love the choice of figurehead and the detail is brilliant. An all round great MOC!

God Bless,

Nathan

I love the string riggings, using string riggings=more realistic, more realistic=better. I think I have seen this beauty while browsing brickshelf before.

I agree that it looks good, but if he wanted realism he should have built it out of balsa wood instead.

No offence...

Don't get me wrong please.

I just find it odd that it's ok to substitue some things for the sake of realism. It's not very hmm. Lego?

"more realistic=better"

That's all...