Sign in to follow this  
hobbes5a

"San Mateo" Galleon

Hi guys

This is my first post on this forum =]I've been modifying the 10210 since this Friday, the main objective is to make it look like a real galleon by adding riggings and stuff like that.

It is still in progress and I really hope you can give me some comments/feedbacks, thanks =]

6069039054_d0066a3681_z.jpg

6069038900_002017ce12_z.jpg

Edited by hobbes5a

I dont think it it supposed to be a galleon at all...

Why is that?

Please back up your point with some arguments so the builder can do something with the feedback, this is no feedback at all.

I do think it looks like a Galleon, I just wouldn't forget to make the forecastle higher. :pir-wink:

Why is that?

Please back up your point with some arguments so the builder can do something with the feedback, this is no feedback at all.

I do think it looks like a Galleon, I just wouldn't forget to make the forecastle higher. :pir-wink:

thx captain =]

So, you're going to mod the Imperial flagship into a Galleon? Well, the first bit of advice would be to find a good picture to give you an idea of the shape you should be aiming for.

Here is a nice side view of a four masted galleon which shows a good clear view of the shape from the side.

English_Galleon_Model.jpg

There are many great pictures to be found on the internet and they can be very helpful. You have a good base to build on, so the first part to do would be to change the stern. Galleons tend to slope inwards and get much narrower near the top, as well as sloping out towards the back. This can be achieved with various sloped bricks or using hinges. Its a case of what bricks you have at your disposal. You will also need to add a bit of height at the front of the ship by building a fore-castle. If you try to build up the sides of the ship to a similar shape of those in the pictures then you'll have something that looks more like a Galleon rather then a Imperial Flagship. As for rigging and sail making, there are some great tutorials to be found in the Lego Pirate Index thread. Im planning on starting a tutorial in a few weeks time on how to build a Galleon similar to my Princess Ceinwyn, so you might find that helpful.

Good luck with your ship

DC