Heroica RPG - Quest#3: The Missing Matriarch

Results of Round Three of the Library Battle:

Sylph vs. Black Book - Special Damage

>Nyx (Lightning) vs. Blue Book - Spell

Cronk vs. Tan Book - Critical Hit

>Bacari vs. Green Book - Aim

>Namyrra (Fire) vs. Tan Book - Damage

>Althior vs. Blue Book - Miss

As the battle continues, the black-covered Flying Book tries to give Sylph more Bad Education, but since his ether is already drained, it has no effect. Nyx casts an effective lightning-spell on the Book with blue covers, causing 22 damage and instantly taking it out. Cronk lands a critical hit on the tan Book, causing 8 damage and defeating it instantly as well. Bacari takes a good aim at the green-covering Book, only causing 3 damage but it's enough to take it out. With her original target gone, Namyrra turns to cast her fireball at the remaining Flying Book that has black covers, but it manages to attack her instead, causing 1 point of damage to her. Althior misses altogether.

One enemy remains, so the battle continues.

Enemies:

Flying Book (Black)

Type: Flying

Level: 2

Health: 3/8

Special:
Bad Education
– completely depletes the ether of the target (no effect on targets with no ether).

Drops: Tonic

Party:

sig.jpg

Althior Emorith
(played by K-nut)

Level 2 Mage

Power
: 5

Health
: 6/6

Ether
: 0/6

Gold

Inventory
: Dragoro (WP: 3) ,Topaz (Lightning), Amethyst (Darkness), Aquamarine (Water), Sapphire (Wind), Potion, Grand Tonic, Bedroll

6040477366_1cbdd80346_t.jpg

Cronk
(played by CorneliusMurdock)

Level 2 Knight

Power

Health
: 11/11

Gold
: 0

Inventory
: Longsword (WP: 3), Shield (SP: 2), Potion (2), Bedroll

herocia.png

Signor Bacari
(played by Capt.JohnPaul)

Level 2 Ranger

Power

Health
: 7/7

Gold
:2

Inventory
: Crossbow (WP: 3), Potion, Bedroll

ava-namyrra.jpg

Namyrra Uq
(played by Quarryman)

Level 2 Mage

Power

Health
: 4/6

Ether
: 5/6

Gold
: 10

Inventory
: Bone-staff (WP: 3), Amethyst (Darkness), Ruby (Fire), Garnet (Earth), Opal (Ice), Potion

5909627714_af21b5c29f_t.jpg

Nyx
(played by Pandora)

Level 7 Mage (Party Leader)

Power
: 11

Health
: 9/11

Ether
: 9/11

Gold
: 17

Inventory
: Dawnstar II (WP: 4), Ruby (Fire), Amethyst (Darkness), Topaz (Lightning), Emerald (Wood), Diamond (Light), 2 Potions, Remedy, Tonic, Bedroll, 2 Bones

ava-sylph.jpg

Sylph Solanum
(played by Dannylonglegs)

Level 2 Cleric

Power

Health
: 10/10

Ether
: 0/6

Gold

Inventory
: Staff (WP: 3), Potion, Smoke Bomb, Remedy, Bedroll

Note: since only one enemy with low health remains, the battle will continue automatically.

Results of Round Four of the Library Battle:

Sylph vs. Black Book - Critical Hit

>Nyx (Lightning) vs. Black Book - Shield

Cronk vs. Black Book - Shield

>Bacari vs. Black Book - Special Damage

>Namyrra (Fire) vs. Black Book - Shield

>Althior vs. Black Book - Damage

Sylph ends the battle with a critical hit against the black-covered Flying Book.

THE BATTLE IS VICTORIOUS!

All party members gain a level of experience. The enemies drop one Remedy and five Tonics.

Party (after the battle):

sig.jpg

Althior Emorith
(played by K-nut)

Level 3 Mage

Power
: 6

Health

Ether
: 1/7

Gold

Inventory
: Dragoro (WP: 3) ,Topaz (Lightning), Amethyst (Darkness), Aquamarine (Water), Sapphire (Wind), Potion, Tonic, Grand Tonic, Bedroll

Cronk

Level 3 Knight

Power

Health
: 12/12

Gold

Inventory
: Longsword (WP: 3), Shield (SP: 2), 2 Potions, Remedy, Bedroll

herocia.png

Signor Bacari

Level 3 Ranger

Power

Health
: 8/8

Gold

Inventory
: Crossbow (WP: 3), Potion, Tonic, Bedroll

ava-namyrra.jpg

Namyrra Uq
(played by Quarryman)

Level 3 Mage

Power

Health
: 5/7

Ether
: 6/7

Gold

Inventory
: Bone-staff (WP: 3), Amethyst (Darkness), Ruby (Fire), Garnet (Earth), Opal (Ice), Potion, Tonic

Nyx
(played by Pandora)

Level 8 Mage (Party Leader)

Power
: 12

Health
: 10/12

Ether

Gold

Inventory
: Dawnstar II (WP: 4), Ruby (Fire), Amethyst (Darkness), Topaz (Lightning), Emerald (Wood), Diamond (Light), 2 Potions, Remedy, 2 Tonics, Bedroll, 2 Bones

ava-sylph.jpg

Sylph Solanum

Level 3 Cleric

Power

Health

Ether
: 1/7

Gold

Inventory
: Staff (WP: 3), Potion, Tonic, Smoke Bomb, Remedy, Bedroll

Party Leader, how will the spoils of the battle be divided?

heroica-remedy.jpg1 x Remedy - Removes all negative effects from the target during a battle.

heroica-tonic.jpg5 x Tonic - Restores 5 ether to the target.

heroicaquest3-library.jpg

As the dust of the battle settles, the party finds Secondary Spiritist Mabel lying on a pile of lifeless books.

"Thank you, brave Sir Cronk and his companions, for saving me! Have you found my husband yet? No? I imagine you'll find him at the kitchens, because he obviously loves his food and wine more than me, hmpf! But now I have to hurry upstairs to see how the kids are doing. Good luck!"

The ever-smiling wizard lady leaves the library with haste. There is nothing else to be found in the room, so where will the party head next?

Hooray! Cronk bash book real good. And party save nice Mage Mabel. Cronk believe kitchen might as well be next. If mean Purple-y Mage there, party might as well rescue. Not that Purple-y Mage will be grateful...

To the kitchen! Though watch out for flying knives and forks. :moar::head_back:

Is it safe that Mabel runs off by herself?

"Well that was, what's the word? Frustrating. :laugh: I suggest we go to teh Kitchens as well, I just hope we don't get attacked by flying knives. :tongue: "

OK, time to sort out who gets what. I haven't forgotten that Althior received a Grand Tonic from the last battle, however I'm sure there will be more battles to face. Feel free to swap amongst yourselves if you disagree with me, but:

Tonics for everyone, except Cronk, who gets a Remedy.

Now, given that this is a Library inside a warm and well appointed Manor, and there is no immediate threat evident, I propose we try to rest with our bedrolls to regain lost health and Ether, although Namyrra you might have to rest on the floor. :sceptic:

(I'm sure if you ask them nicely, one of the boys will give you somewhere to rest. :wink: )

Having rested as much as we can, we indeed should then proceed to the kitchen, and lift the curse of more mages-as-household-items.

By killing them. :sweet:

"I believe resting is a good idea. I could use some more Ether. But if Namyrra needs to rest, I'd gladly sleep on the hard floor. I also suggest we find out what the Ziegfrieds might be. Let's see...

Altair: Armchair

Mabel: Table

Zed: Bed most likely.

Chesterine: Latrine? I don't know

Beth: I have no idea.

Goldraum: No idea. The biggest puzzler for me.

Anyone else have any ideas?"

Edited by K-nut

Cronk think Goldraum might be Cauldron. Kind of off rhyme, Cronk knows, but best idea Cronk has.

Cronk realize Cronk doesn't need rest. If Mage Namyarra need bedroll and party allowed to rest, Cronk will give Mage Namyarra Cronk's bedroll to borrow. Cronk will keep look-out in case more evil books should attack.

heroicaquest3-ziegfriedmanormap.jpg

"Where would we find a cauldron? I guess maybe in the Kitchen...

Would we also want to check the Hallways? It could be a good idea.

If you're sure Cronk, then I guess I'll use my bedroll"

Edited by K-nut

Exactly what I thought at first! :laugh: Though Latrine sounds like EEEN, and Chesterine I think is IIINE.

"Doesn't it seem most likely that Chesterine will be a chest?"

"And Cronk, I really appreciate your offer of a bedroll to borrow, so if we're allowed to rest here for a bit I'd happily accept."

"Rest sounds great Nyx! And so does that tonic. That Black book was quite persistant. I wonder what's in it." Sylph then unpacked his sleeping bag and picked up the black book for light reading.

You all sleep or read, (If we can) I shall stay guard.

Bacari moves in front of the door, crossbow raised at head height at the door.

"Doesn't it seem most likely that Chesterine will be a chest?"

"And Cronk, I really appreciate your offer of a bedroll to borrow, so if we're allowed to rest here for a bit I'd happily accept."

"I guess she could be, but the others rhymed. Altair, Armchair?"

The party contemplates on resting, but the noises around the house disturb them. This is obviously no time for a nap, as the whole wizard family is in danger. The party may use any consumable items in their possession, or let Sylph heal them once he regains his Ether.

With the option of resting eliminated, the party advances to the kitchens.

heroicaquest3-kitchen1.jpg

As they open the door, the party manages to catch a glimpse of some strange cauldron-like creature climbing on top of the stove, with two nasty-looking turkeys with clown's heads fluttering around it. The chef of the family screams in horror.

"No, no, no! Get away from my kitchen, you horrible creatures! You're spoiling the dinner!"

The cauldron extends it's arm and tosses the chef across the room against the party. Then the creature breathes a roaring surge of heat at them, forcing them all to retreat back to the hallway. They cannot enter the kitchen until they've solved how to get through the blast of heat.

"Please! Save my precious kitchen!" the chef pleads. "Won't anybody think of the dinner?!"

What will the party do now?

Cronk right, Purple-y Mage is cauldron. Perhaps mages in party can cost frosty spell? Or watery spell? First, though, Mage Althior and Cleric Sylph should make sure ether is filled with tonic maybe.

"Alright, I'll use my Tonic on myself. I think that I could use my Water gem to cast a spell and Namyrra could use her Ice Gem to douse the flames. That sound right?"

Well it was worth a try, trying to rest and replenish our various life-forces.

And if we start thinking of the dinner, we'll have to stop thinking of the children. Unless the children are dinner? :sceptic:

Right, so we have a fiery barrier, and it would seem sensible to use our Magely obstacle removing spell casting traits. I would guess that water or ice would be enough to put out the fire, but common sense would suggest wind magic might work too. Common sense left this grand manor long ago though, clearly, what with everyone turning into grumpy furniture.

So I would suggest that Namyrra starts off by aiming an ice spell at the blast of heat. I'd also suggest that if anyone wants to use a Tonic or anything else (no, not the bathroom Cronk) for that matter, then now is the time.

"If wind magic might work, how can I cast two spells at once? :laugh: But seriously, If I need to cast one spell, which one would I need to use?"

"If wind magic might work, how can I cast two spells at once? :laugh: But seriously, If I need to cast one spell, which one would I need to use?"

Althior is reminded that casting spells outside battles still depletes Ether. So he can choose to cast two spells, but he will lose two Ether for doing so.

I'd also suggest that if anyone wants to use a Tonic or anything else (no, not the bathroom Cronk) for that matter, then now is the time.

Aww. But Cronk is cursed with tiny Orc bladder... Cronk will try to hold it.

So I would suggest that Namyrra starts off by aiming an ice spell at the blast of heat. I'd also suggest that if anyone wants to use a Tonic or anything else (no, not the bathroom Cronk) for that matter, then now is the time.

"Sounds good noble leader, using this sweet opal I'll cast an ice spell at the blast of heat."

"Aww, I didn't get any time to read. I haven't even broken the binding of this black book. Oh wait, I did. With my staff. So, having drunk my tonic, I'm back in business regarding heals, although I'm afraid I can't be of much help with this trial by fire, as I have no new good ideas, except, fighting fire with fire, which, though poetic, would not appear to be practical."

Edited by Dannylonglegs

"I'll help Namyrra and cast a water spell at the flames, unless there's some reason I shouldn't."

The party decides to fight fire with magic. With Namyrra and Althior as the vanguard with their ice and water spells, the party returns to the kitchen and manage to overcome the surging heat and reach the monsters. The odd cauldron speaks to them.

"I can't believe... I'm asking this... but please help me!"

The two zany turkeys let out a manic laughter, and then attack with the cauldron.

PREPARE FOR BATTLE!

heroicaquest3-battlecauldron.jpg

Enemies:

Goldraum the Cauldron

Type: Fiery, Mechanic

Level: 3

Health: 17/17

Special:
Boil Over
– causes 6 damage to the target regardless of the row they stand in.

Drops: Fire Bomb

Evil Turkey A

Type: Demon, Flying

Health: 11/11

Special:
Feed
– restores 10 health to the weakest ally, but the Evil Turkey loses 1 health.

Drops: 1 Bone

Evil Turkey B

Type: Demon, Flying

Health: 11/11

Special:
Feed
– restores 10 health to the weakest ally, but the Evil Turkey loses 1 health.

Drops: 1 Bone

Party:

sig.jpg

Althior Emorith
(played by K-nut)

Level 3 Mage

Power

Health

Ether

Gold

Inventory
: Dragoro (WP: 3) ,Topaz (Lightning), Amethyst (Darkness), Aquamarine (Water), Sapphire (Wind), Potion, Grand Tonic, Bedroll

Cronk

Level 3 Knight

Power

Health
: 12/12

Gold

Inventory
: Longsword (WP: 3), Shield (SP: 2), 2 Potions, Remedy, Bedroll

herocia.png

Signor Bacari

Level 3 Ranger

Power

Health
: 8/8

Gold

Inventory
: Crossbow (WP: 3), Potion, Tonic, Bedroll

ava-namyrra.jpg

Namyrra Uq
(played by Quarryman)

Level 3 Mage

Power

Health

Ether

Gold

Inventory
: Bone-staff (WP: 3), Amethyst (Darkness), Ruby (Fire), Garnet (Earth), Opal (Ice), Potion, Tonic

Nyx
(played by Pandora)

Level 8 Mage (Party Leader)

Power
: 12

Health

Ether

Gold

Inventory
: Dawnstar II (WP: 4), Ruby (Fire), Amethyst (Darkness), Topaz (Lightning), Emerald (Wood), Diamond (Light), 2 Potions, Remedy, 2 Tonics, Bedroll, 2 Bones

ava-sylph.jpg

Sylph Solanum

Level 3 Cleric

Power

Health

Ether
: 6/7

Gold

Inventory
: Staff (WP: 3), Potion, Smoke Bomb, Remedy, Bedroll

Party Leader, choose the order of action.

All of you, choose your targets and the row you want to fight in. Also mention if you want to try to flee, heal or cast a magic spell, or if you want to use an item instead of attacking.

Any enemy not targeted will get a Free Hit at the end of the round.