Sandy

Heroica RPG - Quest#3: The Missing Matriarch

Shoot Green Frog

Back Row

OOC: Sandy, that is a very exotic bathtub you got there. I'm no sure I want to go into my bathroom again. :look:

That's more like it. :grin:

So I'll be casting Wood magic on Beth the Bath, from the back row. Althior I assume you're using Lightning or Wind? Just you haven't specified your spell yet. :sweet:

Party Order:

Cronk

Bacari

Nyx

Althior

Namyrra

Sylph

Should I make a lame joke about "cleaning them up"? No, best not... :look:

"Wow. How did I forget that? :laugh::grin: I'll use my Wind magic on the Grey toad from the Back row."

Cronk not know what ablutions mean but Cronk may stay behind to empty tiny orc bladder if opportunity arises. Cronk learn long ago never to pass up potty.

Cronk will bash Yellow Toad from front row.

"I`m sorry I was so unhelpful last trial. (ooc; I've been in transport for some while.) I hope I can make up for it with a clean hit on the brown frog from the first row."

Results of Round One of the Bathroom Battle:

Cronk vs. Yellow Toad - Special Damage

>Bacari vs. Green Toad - Critical Hit

>Nyx (Wood) vs. Beth the Bath - Shield (Wood)

>Althior (Wind) vs. Grey Toad - Great Spell

>Namyrra (Ice) vs. Red Toad - Miss

Sylph vs. Brown Toad - Spirit Guard

The battle starts with the yellow Toxic Toad licking Cronk with its poisonous tongue, causing the orc knight to be poisoned. Signor Bacari scores a critical hit on the green toad, causing 10 damage to it. Nyx's magical powers overflow again in a Magic Burst of the wood-element. All enemies are weak to the element, so it causes a whopping 26 damage to them all, ending the battle before it really began. Cronk suffers from the effects of the poison, losing 1 health before the poisoning fades away.

THE BATTLE IS VICTORIOUS!

All party members gain a level of experience. Nyx reaches Level 10, so from now on she will only gain half a level per battle. The enemies drop one Water Bomb and five Venoms.

Party (after the battle):

sig.jpg

Althior Emorith
(played by K-nut)

Level 5 Mage

Power
: 8

Health
: 9/9

Ether
: 7/9

Gold
: 5

Inventory
: Dragoro (WP: 3) ,Topaz (Lightning), Amethyst (Darkness), Aquamarine (Water), Sapphire (Wind), Grand Tonic, Bedroll

6040477366_1cbdd80346_t.jpg

Cronk
(played by CorneliusMurdock)

Level 5 Knight

Power

Health
: 13/14

Gold
: 0

Inventory
: Longsword (WP: 3), Shield (SP: 2), 2 Potions, Remedy, Bedroll, Bone

herocia.png

Signor Bacari
(played by Capt.JohnPaul)

Level 5 Ranger

Power

Health
: 10/10

Gold
:2

Inventory
: Crossbow (WP: 3), Potion, Tonic, Fire Bomb, Bedroll

ava-namyrra.jpg

Namyrra Uq
(played by Quarryman)

Level 5 Mage

Power
: 9

Health

Ether
: 6/9

Gold
: 10

Inventory
: Lullaby Wand (WP: 4, sleep-effect), Bone-staff (WP: 3), Amethyst (Darkness), Ruby (Fire), Garnet (Earth), Opal (Ice), Potion, Tonic

5909627714_af21b5c29f_t.jpg

Nyx
(played by Pandora)

Level 10 Mage (Party Leader)

Power
: 14

Health
: 12/14

Ether

Gold
: 17

Inventory
: Dawnstar II (WP: 4), Sandman's Parasol (protects from sleep-effect), Ruby (Fire), Amethyst (Darkness), Topaz (Lightning), Emerald (Wood), Diamond (Light), 2 Potions, 2 Tonics, Remedy, Bedroll, 2 Bones

ava-sylph.jpg

Sylph Solanum
(played by Dannylonglegs)

Level 5 Cleric

Power

Health
: 13/13

Ether
: 8/9

Gold

Inventory
: Staff (WP: 3), Potion, Tonic, Remedy, Smoke Bomb, Bedroll, Bone

Party Leader, how will the spoils of the battle be divided?

heroica-waterbomb.jpg1 x Water Bomb - Causes 5 points of water-elemental damage to all enemies, doubled if the target is weak to water.

heroica-venom.jpg5 x Venom - Use on a weapon to make it cause a poisoned-effect on any enemy it hits for the duration of one battle. A poisoned enemy loses 1 health each turn.

heroicaquest3-bathroom.jpg

The bathtub changes back to the General Sourceress Beth.

"My, that was fast! I am impressed, I must confess. Now if you'll excuse me, I have to check on the children. Oh, and I guess my husband as well."

Now the party has only one more room to search, but two wizards still missing...

"Wow, Nyx, that was some really impressive fireworks, I'm amazed the house is still standing! :laugh:"

"So I guess it's just divide the spoils and move on to the Master Bedroom then? (probably after coating all our weapons in venom though)"

"Namyrra, If you thought that was impressive, you've never seen the Emorith house. :tongue: "

"I also say we go to the master bedroom."

"So I guess it's just divide the spoils and move on to the Master Bedroom then? (probably after coating all our weapons in venom though)"

I concur, but lets be prepared for both a sentient chest and bed, and maybe we'll finally get to the bottom of this. In addition to chesterine and Zed, we also have yet to find Zelda and the mystery villain behind her disappearance. Also, where's the original bathtub?

Oooh, that was fun! :grin:

Onto the spoils:

Sylph gets the Water Bomb and a Venom, everyone else gets a Venom, except me. Killing things brings out my generous side, what can I say? :wink:

Now is the time to drink Potions and use Venoms if anyone feels the need - I don't see the need to use a Venom myself as I'll hopefully have something in my magical repertoire that will be suitable. Once everyone's happy we'll move onto the bedroom to hopefully find Chesterine and Zed, and maybe find out what happened to Zelda too.

"Yay! So now I'll have a poisonous lullaby wand!" Namyrra carefully applies the venom to the lullaby wand and watches with glee as it starts glowing in a menacing manner. :devil_laugh:

Party:

sig.jpg

Althior Emorith
(played by K-nut)

Level 5 Mage

Power

Health
: 9/9

Ether

Gold
: 5

Inventory
: Dragoro (WP: 3) ,Topaz (Lightning), Amethyst (Darkness), Aquamarine (Water), Sapphire (Wind), Tonic, Grand Tonic, Venom, Bedroll

6040477366_1cbdd80346_t.jpg

Cronk
(played by CorneliusMurdock)

Level 5 Knight

Power

Health
: 13/14

Gold

Inventory
: Longsword (WP: 3
*poisoned*
), Shield (SP: 2), 2 Potions, Remedy, Bedroll, Bone

herocia.png

Signor Bacari
(played by Capt.JohnPaul)

Level 5 Ranger

Power

Health
: 10/10

Gold
:2

Inventory
: Crossbow (WP: 3), Potion, Tonic, Venom, Fire Bomb, Bedroll

ava-namyrra.jpg

Namyrra Uq
(played by Quarryman)

Level 5 Mage

Power
: 9

Health

Ether
: 6/9

Gold
: 10

Inventory
: Lullaby Wand (WP: 4, sleep-effect,
*poisoned*
), Bone-staff (WP: 3), Amethyst (Darkness), Ruby (Fire), Garnet (Earth), Opal (Ice), Potion, Tonic, Venom

5909627714_af21b5c29f_t.jpg

Nyx
(played by Pandora)

Level 10 Mage (Party Leader)

Power
: 14

Health

Ether

Gold
: 17

Inventory
: Dawnstar II (WP: 4), Sandman's Parasol (protects from sleep-effect), Ruby (Fire), Amethyst (Darkness), Topaz (Lightning), Emerald (Wood), Diamond (Light), 2 Potions, 2 Tonics, Remedy, Bedroll, 2 Bones

ava-sylph.jpg

Sylph Solanum
(played by Dannylonglegs)

Level 5 Cleric

Power

Health
: 13/13

Ether
: 8/9

Gold

Inventory
: Staff (WP: 3), Potion, Tonic, Remedy, Venom, Smoke Bomb, Water Bomb, Bedroll, Bone

The party heads to the Master Bedroom, but much to their surprise they find the door magically sealed. The ominous purple light seeps under the door.

Altair and Goldraum and their wives approach the party.

"This was our grandmother's room", Altair explains. "It certainly wasn't sealed shut before, so whatever is inside there must have done it. However, there is a Master Key that opens every door in this manor, whether sealed or not. Chesterine holds it, because she never leaves the house. Have you seen her yet?"

Where could the unfortunate female wizard be? Has the party missed something?

Cronk puzzled. Cronk thought party search everywhere but master bedroom. Is there somewhere party missed? Maybe party should make sure the maid in servant's quarters is really maid and not missing Mage Chesterine? Or is there somewhere outside the main building on grounds that party can search?

(Edit: "fixed" pronoun)

Edited by CorneliusMurdock

"We still need to check the three bedrooms. Shall we start with number 1 first?"

"We still need to check the three bedrooms. Shall we start with number 1 first?"

"Mr Althior, certainly you can remember that we checked the smaller bedrooms after visiting the Study?"

The party searches the smaller bedrooms. The first one belongs to Altair and Beth (with two separate beds), the second one to Goldraum and Mabel, and the third to Zed. None of them contain anything interesting, though. Only the bathroom and the master bedroom remain to be searched, while Chesterine, Beth and Zed are all still missing.

Has the party missed something?

It, unfortunately, appears that we have. :sceptic:

I agree to re-checking the maid, and then maybe finding Schuester and asking him if there's anywhere else we should be looking. I'm pretty confident we've checked every room on the map, maybe there is a room or an area that isn't on the map after all?

"Hmm, well we certainly don't have time to check every room again. Let's see the map:"

heroicaquest3-ziegfriedmanormap.jpg

"Maybe we should check the foyer again?"

Did we check the sunroom?

Party did check sun room. Cronk think maybe party try front and back door as well. If Mage Chesterine had key, maybe Mage Chesterine went out?

Puzzled by this latest turn of events, the party returns downstairs. Much to their surprise, there is a peculiar chest sitting in the middle of the foyer. It certainly wasn't there before.

heroicaquest3-chest.jpg

As the party approaches it, the chest starts to bounce.

"Peekaboo... You found me... Now it is your turn to go hide..."

This confirms that the chest really is the transformed Minor Occultess Chesterine. She does not appear to be hostile, however. What will the party do next?

"I guess we could try talking to the chest? Fighting it doesn't seem necessary, at least not yet, maybe if it turns hostile."

Hello Mage Chesterine! This is Cronk and Cronk's friends. Party would like to borrow Mage Chesterine's keys please. :grin: Party like to go rescue rest of mages.

The chest jumps back upon hearing this.

"Borrow the keys...? Oh no, I cannot let you do that... You are such nice people... Father is not nice at all... Not anymore... I don't want to see you... get hurt... Can we play now?"

The chest does a random barrel-roll.

What make Mage Chesterine say Mage Zed not nice anymore? What happened to make Mage Zed mean? Did Mage Zed hurt Mage Chesterine?

Cronk promise that Cronk and Cronk's friends will make sure justice is done if Mage Chesterine lets Party borrow nice keys.