Siegfried

Buying LEGO from other countries on-line stores

Amazon do sell them by the box. They still have series 5 up, but preorders dont seem to stay up long

Thankyou for that, cant seem to find series 5 other than other sellers, but will definetly keep an eye out for 6 and 7

My apologies, I thought it was still up. There is a listing at 77ish but it says its a bag, not a box, and the last thing is you wanting to be charged 77 euros for one minifig

My apologies, I thought it was still up. There is a listing at 77ish but it says its a bag, not a box, and the last thing is you wanting to be charged 77 euros for one minifig

I just found that listing from amazon, didnt realise these things were worth so much already, i would say at that price it would be for a box right? atleast i know i can get them by the box for 6 and 7 instead of paying $240 a box in australia

I just found that listing from amazon, didnt realise these things were worth so much already, i would say at that price it would be for a box right? atleast i know i can get them by the box for 6 and 7 instead of paying $240 a box in australia

Oh it is far cheaper than that. Looking back, before shipping (and after tax was removed) a box was about 81 Euros. I bought 3 of them (still have one sealed)

I added it in another order (I put figs in my daughters gift bags for her birthday guests so I needed a few) and it was less than $2 a fig in the end. Can't complain at that.

FYI: Comparative Amazon.fr Shipping Times:

Ordered 27/Oct

Standard Shipping

One set sent via UPS - arrived 2/Nov

- condition pretty good, could still be seen as MISB

- tracking very accurate

One set sent via DHL - arrived 9/Nov

- condition moderately squashed box with creases, couldn't call MISB any longer

- tracking completely erroneous

Edited by DrWeevil

FYI: Comparative Amazon.fr Shipping Times:

Ordered 27/Oct

Standard Shipping

One set sent via UPS - arrived 2/Nov

- condition pretty good, could still be seen as MISB

- tracking very accurate

One set sent via DHL - arrived 9/Nov

- condition moderately squashed box with creases, couldn't call MISB any longer

- tracking completely erroneous

Yeah I ordered the Lego Emporium on the 2nd of Nov and it shipped via DHL. Hasn't arrived yet.

UPS delivered my MMV in 4 days.

We had something arrive yesterday from Amazon.fr (delivered by our Australia Post Parcel chap) and it arrived 10 days before the estimated date of arrival (they estimated it would take about 3 weeks).

The UPS deliveries have all arrived really quickly (also before the estimated arrival date).

I have just ordered something from the hut (a ninjago set), so if we get it before Christmas it will be a Christmas miracle :laugh:

Amazon US has ramses pyramid (3843) for $13.00, so 3 tan base plates (which is my main reason for buying them) are coming my way (along with some heroica games).

Yeah I ordered the Lego Emporium on the 2nd of Nov and it shipped via DHL. Hasn't arrived yet.

UPS delivered my MMV in 4 days.

I just got an email from amazon saying my order had been slown down during shipping for whatever reason. It always gets slowed down once it hits customs here, but lately it has been getting worse. Couriered deliveries are pushing 10 days here now

I just got an email from amazon saying my order had been slown down during shipping for whatever reason. It always gets slowed down once it hits customs here, but lately it has been getting worse. Couriered deliveries are pushing 10 days here now

Are you in a non-eastern state? I've not had that problem, that's a bummer :S

Amazon US has ramses pyramid (3843) for $13.00, so 3 tan base plates (which is my main reason for buying them) are coming my way (along with some heroica games).

Cheers for the tip lorax! Been eyeing them off for a while as I need the plates for a moc. So also 3 coming with that CD I've been wanting :)

Are you in a non-eastern state? I've not had that problem, that's a bummer :S

I live in Alice Springs.

No such thing as express shipping to here :p

Takes longer to get here from customs, and it does to hit customs from an international depot.

US Shop at Home has them for $9.99 each. Still $39.99 on the Aussie Shop at Home though.

US Shop at Home has them for $9.99 each. Still $39.99 on the Aussie Shop at Home though.

I was thinking about doing a mail diverter (like hopshopgo) shop@home order, but I have never tried one and I am nervous about the end postage costs. My husband told me to stop looking at the US prices at shop@home because it makes me a bit cranks :laugh:

I'm not impressed with DHL.

I've just received a Bricklink order (my first *grin*) from Germany. 4kg package, size of three minifig cartons taped together, shipping cost 40 Euros. Seller sent it the day payment was made but it took a month to get here and was pretty beaten up as you'd expect when it's been in the sausage machine for so long.

Most of it was bagged parts which survived fine but I didn't get the mint Series 5 box I was after. Their tracking was rubbish too. If you've got my package for a month, tell me what you are doing with it and what the ETA is. At least it eventually arrived but it's pretty poor value and service compared to the good value, low damage, faster shipping I've seen people getting from amazon.fr/UPS.

I'd definitely recommend UPS. Last time I used them the boxes arrived completely undamaged in 5 days from the US. I think it was about the same money for 2 medium and 1 large boxes (can't remember the weight) from B&N.

I won't be using DHL again if I can avoid it.

:classic: :classic:

Edited by AussieJimbo

I've just received a Bricklink order (my first *grin*) from Germany. 4kg package, size of three minifig cartons taped together, shipping cost $40 Euros. Seller sent it the day payment was made but it took a month to get here and was pretty beaten up as you'd expect when it's been in the sausage machine for so long.

Most of it was bagged parts which survived fine but I didn't get the mint Series 5 box I was after. Their tracking was rubbish too. If you've got my package for a month, tell me what you are doing with it and what the ETA is. At least it eventually arrived but it's pretty poor value and service compared to the good value, low damage, faster shipping I've seen people getting from amazon.fr/UPS.

I'd definitely recommend UPS. Last time I used them the boxes arrived completely undamaged in 5 days from the US. I think it was about the same money for 2 medium and 1 large boxes (can't remember the weight) from B&N.

I won't be using DHL again if I can avoid it.

Interesting, I'm in a similar position - Bricklink order from Germany shipped via DHL, though I ordered 4 large sets and it only cost 25 euro for shipping. I'm at the end of week three since it left Germany and haven't had any update in tracking. I actually emailed them to see about tracking in Aus and aside from giving me the number for here (dubious as to whether or not it will work - not showing any results on AusPost) they said it usually takes 11 business days to make the trip but to wait an extra week before asking the seller to lodge a complaint or whatever.

Anywho, I'm really hoping my parcel arrives in better condition than yours, as I may have to move one set on... :S

Hope your delivery isn't too banged up. I rang DHL Australia (twice, they didn't return my call the first time) about 2 and a half weeks after it was sent and they said expect 3 weeks plus Australia Post delivery time. They couldn't tell me where the package was. Eventual delivery specs were - sent 11 October, picked up by me on 9 November after delivery attempt the day before.

I forgot to add that the "box of minifigs" end of the package was also damp when I picked it up from Australia Post (we had quite a bit of rain) so the already smooshed box was also soft and spongey.

Oh well, the minifigs were safe in their individual packs and no Lego came to harm in the process. I'll see if I can pick up an empty box from a friendly local retailer.

Hope your delivery isn't too banged up. I rang DHL Australia (twice, they didn't return my call the first time) about 2 and a half weeks after it was sent and they said expect 3 weeks plus Australia Post delivery time. They couldn't tell me where the package was. Eventual delivery specs were - sent 11 October, picked up by me on 9 November after delivery attempt the day before.

I forgot to add that the "box of minifigs" end of the package was also damp when I picked it up from Australia Post (we had quite a bit of rain) so the already smooshed box was also soft and spongey.

Oh well, the minifigs were safe in their individual packs and no Lego came to harm in the process. I'll see if I can pick up an empty box from a friendly local retailer.

I only tossed out my two boxes yesterday after I let the kids have them!

Are all of these from Amazon.fr?

I tend to have one banged up box minimum from them usually, but I have found that happens across each of the 3 Amazon stores I have ordered from.

I only tossed out my two boxes yesterday after I let the kids have them!

Are all of these from Amazon.fr?

I tend to have one banged up box minimum from them usually, but I have found that happens across each of the 3 Amazon stores I have ordered from.

No, it was from Magic Magnus' Bricklink store.

Pretty happy with his service. I could have just got the figs but decided to throw in a whole lot of bits and pieces at the same time, mainly tiles and plates. All parts delivered as described, gave up counting after checking about half the bags in the order and finding them on the money or a part or two over on the larger bags (eg 202 reddish brown 2x8's in an order of 200).

You're never 100% sure about things when you buy from an online source for the first time but I'm a happy customer and I'd buy from Magnus again. Might have to see if he can use UPS next time though.

Edited by AussieJimbo

@AussieJimbo - thanks for the info, looks like I'll be in for another week or so's wait... Will have to practise some patience lol

Just curious - does anyone have any idea about whether or not you can claim for poor/damaged condition of goods if you've paid for insurance?

I usually buy from Ebay, Amazon or Bricklink, but I try to find sellers in Ireland and the UK as it cuts shipping costs a bit !! However after hearing some of the stories on EB, about the way amazon post the lego, I'd be a bit weary buying from them .... :sceptic:

While I can understand frustration with DHL shipments to Australia, I'm not sure if it's directed in the correct place. If I understand correctly DHL is the privatised parcels arm of the German post office. Their tracking works up to the point delivery is taken over by Aust. Post and our customs. Most of the delays also occur in our customs, and Australia Post, and the shipping from Germany seems to be quite quick. Both customs and Aussie post have been swamped by the many Australians buying overseas due to the strong Aussie dollar, which would probably go a long way to explaining why it's happening. I'm not sure if Aussie post even provide tracking as a rule.

Just wondering if any amazon.fr buyers can help me out here?" i went to place an order and one item is listed as in stock 3-5 week postage. But when i goto checkout it wont list the price in AUD unless that item is removed. Should i just set that item aside for now untill its back in stock properly. Or take the risk not knowing the AUD price? also if it is that long a wait for the item, is it charged straight away? Any help would be great thankyou

While I can understand frustration with DHL shipments to Australia, I'm not sure if it's directed in the correct place. If I understand correctly DHL is the privatised parcels arm of the German post office. Their tracking works up to the point delivery is taken over by Aust. Post and our customs. Most of the delays also occur in our customs, and Australia Post, and the shipping from Germany seems to be quite quick. Both customs and Aussie post have been swamped by the many Australians buying overseas due to the strong Aussie dollar, which would probably go a long way to explaining why it's happening. I'm not sure if Aussie post even provide tracking as a rule.

That handover occurs when DHL delivers the parcel to Australia, which was 4 weeks after it was posted. The Australian end took 2 days. DHL themselves told me to expect at 3 weeks before it landed in Australia. UPS manages to do that in a few days.

So clearly "most of the delays" were in DHL getting the parcel to Australia for processing by customs and Australia Post.

Edited by AussieJimbo

Just wondering if any amazon.fr buyers can help me out here?" i went to place an order and one item is listed as in stock 3-5 week postage. But when i goto checkout it wont list the price in AUD unless that item is removed. Should i just set that item aside for now untill its back in stock properly. Or take the risk not knowing the AUD price? also if it is that long a wait for the item, is it charged straight away? Any help would be great thankyou

Amazon won't charge until they ship, so you are at the mercy of the dollar fluctuations there.

Some items don't make it back into stock properly, they stay at 3-5 weeks until the stock is exhausted.