Siegfried

Buying LEGO from other countries on-line stores

I swear it's far too easy to spend far too much money on these deals that keep showing up. I need to learn to be more productive with my time than spending so much of it finding so many good deals to spend money on :laugh:

If you ever find a cure for that, let me know :laugh:

And to think I told myself I wasn't going to go silly on Lord of the Rings :cry_sad:

So far I have ordered

2 x Helm's Deep

5 x Weathertop

1 x Shelob

5 x Orc Forge

15 x Uruk-hai army

If you ever find a cure for that, let me know :laugh:

And to think I told myself I wasn't going to go silly on Lord of the Rings :cry_sad:

So far I have ordered

2 x Helm's Deep

5 x Weathertop

1 x Shelob

5 x Orc Forge

15 x Uruk-hai army

No Mines of Moria? I'm surprised :tongue:

I've been careful and only picked up 1 Helms Deep and 1 Mines of Moria, Though in due course I'd love to, lets say.. expand.. :blush:

No Mines of Moria? I'm surprised :tongue:

I've been careful and only picked up 1 Helms Deep and 1 Mines of Moria, Though in due course I'd love to, lets say.. expand.. :blush:

I forgot the Moria set :tongue:

I did only order one (the discount didn't seem as generous for that set) but will see how I go later because I want to build a bigger Moria diorama

So is there anywhere to get the Monster Fighters sets for a decent price yet?

Can't say I've seen them anywhere yet, But they can't be too far away!

Back to LotR, B&N has put 10% off all the sets (Before it had only been on a couple)..

Back to LotR, B&N has put 10% off all the sets (Before it had only been on a couple)..

And for something totally unsuprising, I cannot alter my order to capitalise :laugh:

It is still alot cheaper than getting them here in Australia, though resisting the want to buy more is difficult

Apologies if this has been covered before but ...has B&N ever sold modulars?

No, well not since I have been buying from them. They may have stocked the initial ones once upon a time, but I doubt it.

Is there any other coupon that can be used at B&N above the 10%?

As from the LOTR thread there is a 15% coupon

15% off Non-Member Codes: T4T8J4A, X4P8A3B, T4T8J4A, D7L8F8R (VISA)

You can get 20% off if you pay to be a member, but I am not sure if this is exclusive to some countries or not.

I was skimming through the Brickset forum on Friday morning and saw a post about 10188 Death Star with approx 100EUR off the price from Amazon Italy. I rather fancied this set and the discount was the icing on the cake.

Once on the site I saw some other bargains and finished up with a 10188 Death Star, a 10231 Space Shuttle and 2 Winter Village sets and a Creator Lighthouse for a total of 520 EUR including 7 EUR shipping this lot to England. Credit card was crying in pain by this time!!

I chose delivery to work as its easier than replanning home deliveries once they've found nobody in and taken the parcel back!

Arrived at work this morning (Tuesday) to find a card from City Link who had tried to deliver a parcel at 08:30!! Oh No, just what I was trying to avoid. Luckily the courier came back mid-morning and I took delivery of a gigantic box with all my sets in. Everything was neat and tidy and I was very happy!

48 working hours shipping from order to delivery for 7 EUR and about 200 EUR off RRP is certainly a deal worth having.

Even though the order had gone to Amazon Italy the goods had been dispatched from Amazon in Scotland. I could see this from the return address on the box.

So I am very happy with the results of my shopping. The instruction manual for the Death Star must be the biggest ever in the Lego range at 261 A3 pages!!

Looking forward to building it up soon.

I think I might hold onto the Winter village sets until winter though!! Seems strange buying Winter sets in mid summer but at least I now have 2 out of the 3. Just the Toy Shop to get now (Amazon did not have that one).

Calv

Amazon.Es seem to have most of the new Star Wars sets for around 30% off. Some are not in stock, but you can still buy them. This includes Jabba's Palace, The Malevolance, Desert Skiff and the Sith Fury interceptor. In put these four in my basket, including postage (only 10 euro) to the UK it came to around £240 which is almost £100 less than what they're listed for at retail in the UK. I was so excited I wrote a blog post about it that has a bit more details. The prices are also on the Brick Badger Star Wars page.

I can't get all four at the moment and am torn between The Sith Inteceptor or splurging on the Palace + Skiff.

Cross-posting this from the UK thread as I thought it might be of interest to some other countries like Australia (although you Aussies seem to be obsessed with your own sales at the moment).

Just noticed they have loads of other stuff 30% off as well including Falcon, Turbo Tank, X-wing etc.

Note: If Brick Badger is showing a higer price and it's greyed out this is because Amazon is listing it as temporarily out of stock and it's defaulting to a third party. Follow the link then switch to the offers page "NUEVO" and you'll see the cheaper Amazon offer and can add that to your basket.

Edited by Ash

Can't seem to ship to Australia but thanks anyway.

Amazon.Es seem to have most of the new Star Wars sets for around 30% off. Some are not in stock, but you can still buy them. This includes Jabba's Palace, The Malevolance, Desert Skiff and the Sith Fury interceptor. In put these four in my basket, including postage (only 10 euro) to the UK it came to around £240 which is almost £100 less than what they're listed for at retail in the UK. I was so excited I wrote a blog post about it that has a bit more details. The prices are also on the Brick Badger Star Wars page.

I can't get all four at the moment and am torn between The Sith Inteceptor or splurging on the Palace + Skiff.

Cross-posting this from the UK thread as I thought it might be of interest to some other countries like Australia (although you Aussies seem to be obsessed with your own sales at the moment).

Just noticed they have loads of other stuff 30% off as well including Falcon, Turbo Tank, X-wing etc.

Note: If Brick Badger is showing a higer price and it's greyed out this is because Amazon is listing it as temporarily out of stock and it's defaulting to a third party. Follow the link then switch to the offers page "NUEVO" and you'll see the cheaper Amazon offer and can add that to your basket.

Can't seem to ship to Australia but thanks anyway.

Bah :cry_sad: sorry. I assumed all the Eurozons did. Is it just Italy?

I always try to help out you Aussie guys and girls as grew up their and know first-hand the pain of Australian Lego pricing.

Edited by Ash

Amazon.de German store has the new 8 friends sets for sale. I was able to get them sent to Australia so they should be able to be sent anywhere.

Now that's going to be one happy 6yo when she gets the 14 original release sets plus these 8 and the picture frame and 4 poly bags all for her birthday at the end of July.

Bah :cry_sad: sorry. I assumed all the Eurozons did. Is it just Italy?

I always try to help out you Aussie guys and girls as grew up their and know first-hand the pain of Australian Lego pricing.

France, Italy, and Spain all ship a subset of their Lego to Australia. Interestingly, the subset of what they will and won't ship is different across all three, appears (for the most part) arbitrary, and is subject to change. They do seem to be a bit more consistent in refusing shipment of whatever is in the latest wave and newer exclusives.

So is there anywhere to get the Monster Fighters sets for a decent price yet?

Shopforme.com.au are offering the full 7 Monster Fighter sets for $347 plus local shipping (Australia which for me came to $15), in case anyone in OZ is interested. It's a pre-order at the moment, with a $30 deposit. My bet is that this is going to be waaaay cheaper than RRP in Australia on these sets... (Set doesn't include the Haunted House)

Oh, I'm not affiliated with them or anything, either!

France, Italy, and Spain all ship a subset of their Lego to Australia. Interestingly, the subset of what they will and won't ship is different across all three, appears (for the most part) arbitrary, and is subject to change. They do seem to be a bit more consistent in refusing shipment of whatever is in the latest wave and newer exclusives.

How annoying! Is there any way to tell for a given set or do you have to go all the way through the checkout process with your fingers crossed?

I've got half. I ordered four sets, three were sent in one box, one in another. I've recieved the group of three, but are yet to see the last.

has anyone received their b&n LOTR order yet?

Yes, Helms Deep turned up last week. In a box, within a sack!

How annoying! Is there any way to tell for a given set or do you have to go all the way through the checkout process with your fingers crossed?

You can tell sometimes. If you're logged into Amazon and your default shipping address is in Australia and you're browsing the desktop site (as opposed to the mobile site or iPhone app or whatever), some product listings will state in red bold text that they cannot be shipped to your default address (near where they state how quickly the item is usually shipped, who the vendor is, etc). I have noticed an increasing number of recent items which have no such warning but do indicate they can't be shipped during checkout. Interestingly, the message during checkout indicating they won't ship items varies between those where they notify you on the listing and those where they don't.

Further, their iPhone app used to tell you which items can't be shipped during checkout. Now it just says 'some items can't be shipped...', leaving it to user guesswork or going to the desktop site to work out which item is the problematic one. Ugh.

Yes, Helms Deep turned up last week. In a box, within a sack!

The idea of the sack is the postage world wide for books is cheaper and if they are in a sack they get cheaper postage price. If you look at the customs form it will probably state it is books.

I found this out last year when my mindstorms set arrived like that from B&N and then a few other parcels from B&N arrived like that too.

has anyone received their b&n LOTR order yet?

Was going to ask the same question yesterday (as the 14 business days for delivery was up) but I have notification that there is a parcel waiting for me at the post office today. Well that's one, anyway. 3 more to go I think.

Put in two orders from Barnes and Noble in the last couple of weeks. Grabbed the three Lord of the Rings sets they have available, all the others seem to have been sold. Another order of Star wars Republic Frigate and Darth Maul Sith infiltrator, both 30% off at the moment. Hope they get here in good shape, heaps cheaper than buying locally.

Do Barnes and Noble ever get some of the more expensive sets in such as Star Wars UCS's, or do they stick to the smaller items? And have they had any of the recent Star Wars sets in, or have they all sold quick?

I'm looking at buying a Mindstorms NXT 2.0 from a German seller, only problem is it's the German version. Now in saying that I'm not sure how much of a problem it is. Can anyone tell me what the difference is between the English version and the German version. Is it just the CD, in which case I can either download the software in English or buy the English Disk from another seller. Or is there more to it than that?