Siegfried

Buying LEGO from other countries on-line stores

Hmm. I received a package HK->Sydney via UPS this week that had been opened by quarantine & taped up again, without any appreciable delay in shipment. I was intrigued cos I've had packages opened up by customs before but never by quarantine, and it's not like there was any organic/electronic/suspicious material in there.. Maybe they've uncovered a Lego-importing drug ring or something. How odd.

I'm pretty sure AQIS covers both customs and quarantine. Apparently there have been delays in Melbourne - like 2 weeks before processing and 2 weeks to process. I'm going to chase it up with AusPost. Wondering if it's because it's most likely a large package in size and may look like it's above the GST threshold...

Btw the fireworks/tree comment was a joke - purely Lego shipment!

I have 2 orders currently in transit, with two more awaiting shipment. Fingers crossed they don't go through Melbourne if there is such a delay. Mine generally go through Sydney, apart from my one and only Amazon.com order which went through Darwin. Both are around the $800 mark but definitely well over the RRP value here.

At Amazon.com the Ramses Pyramid set is now 9.99

I ordered myself a Maersk train which is still 25% cheaper than retail with delivery from the states, and I couldn't resist the Kre-O Optimus Prime for my son which was slashed down to $29.99, it is over $100 here!

Finally bought one of the 10211 (Grand Emporiums) - Final Australian Price: $129.37 + $11.20 delivery - Amazon France of course.

Edited by lorax

Medieval Market village is now down to 64 Euros on amazon.fr, an absolute steal :thumbup:

Curses! *And the last of my resolve crumbles...*

My resolve certainly did.

I think Amazon.fr has a new policy too where you cannot order more than 3 of one item in one order.

It certainly wouldnt allow me to do more when I was trying to add train items

If any Aussies are after the Maersk train, it's $100 on amazon.com. I paid $120 (plus shipping) for it and am not regretting it, so for less than $120 including shiping it's a real bargain.

If any Aussies are after the Maersk train, it's $100 on amazon.com. I paid $120 (plus shipping) for it and am not regretting it, so for less than $120 including shiping it's a real bargain.

How typical, since I ordered it a few days ago! Oh well :sceptic:

How typical, since I ordered it a few days ago! Oh well :sceptic:

LoL me too - I preyed on that for > a month waiting for a price drop and got it a couple of weeks ago. Still, $132aud delivered was okay value - exchange rate was better then :wacko:

Not a fan of Amazon.FR dropping the price of the MMV again. Totalled over 35% off NZ Retail - Had already been one of best value sets availible in a long time at NZ RRP! I couldn't resist. Again. :tongue:

Amazon.fr was pricematching a rival French online competitor. The competitor's promotion had an additional 15% discount off on their prices. Remember the first discounts at Amazon.fr in October? Same competitor.

Said competitor came back with the same promo in the middle of November which was initially only supposed to run until the 23rd, which they extended to the 30th (today). Expect prices to rise at Amazon.fr Thursday or Friday.

Edited by streeker

LoL me too - I preyed on that for > a month waiting for a price drop and got it a couple of weeks ago. Still, $132aud delivered was okay value - exchange rate was better then :wacko:

I sent amazon an email about the difference in price just after ordering, and they refunded me the difference. Definitely cannot complain at that! You don't know if you dont ask

I sent amazon an email about the difference in price just after ordering, and they refunded me the difference. Definitely cannot complain at that! You don't know if you dont ask

Worth a shot I guess but looking at my order date it was nearly a month ago - wouldn't fancy my chances! Guess there's no postage fee for an email though! ;)

I have no idea how that works? They sold it at a price you bought at.. why would they just give away profits? I'd be keen to try it just to save some money on a few MMV's, but it just feels wrong to me :tongue:

I have no idea how that works? They sold it at a price you bought at.. why would they just give away profits? I'd be keen to try it just to save some money on a few MMV's, but it just feels wrong to me :tongue:

I enquired because my order is still open with them (one item is still pending), and they shipped it the day before the price change. They said they usually wouldn't do it but in this case they would make an exception due to the significant difference.

Edited by TheDarkness

MMV has gone up again to EUR 94

Hopefully anyone who ordered at the old price will have their orders honoured.

That was such a great deal thanks for letting us know homoludens

The Emporium is down again to EUR 110.

And Darkness I had the same experience with not being able to order more than 3 of an item.

Wonder how much time has to pass before you can order more in a separate order?

MMV has gone up again to EUR 94

Hopefully anyone who ordered at the old price will have their orders honoured.

That was such a great deal thanks for letting us know homoludens

The Emporium is down again to EUR 110.

And Darkness I had the same experience with not being able to order more than 3 of an item.

Wonder how much time has to pass before you can order more in a separate order?

The recent surge in the Aussie dollar again is nice to go with in.

I'm assuming the change in order totals is due to some massive orders.

I received my Mindstorms set yesterday from amazon.com. Standard shipping and it arrived in four days. Absolutely amazing!

I am undecided if missing out on some of these deals is a good or bad thing lol.

Must not buy more Lego before Xmas, must not buy more Lego before Xmas... stupid family rules.

I am undecided if missing out on some of these deals is a good or bad thing lol.

Must not buy more Lego before Xmas, must not buy more Lego before Xmas... stupid family rules.

You're going to be tested, because there's going to be another round of amazon.fr discounting.

The rival competitor just extended their additional 15% off reduction again, this time until 12/14, so expect Amazon.fr to pricematch. A three-time extension is unprecedented.

A question about the UCS Imperial Shuttle: has anyone been able to get it here for <$290 including shipping - in a way that's still available?

Looking at using a mail forwarder, though the box length/cubic size seems a bit too big for shopusa (rats – would be $50usd o/wise) so may have to use shipito (~70 usd). Does anyone know if they take the boxes out of the amazon boxes and put them in smaller ones?

Anyone have any tips?

Apologies to those who may have seen this on another forum already - looking to seal the deal today so hoping for an answer today :)

Edited: Ordered from Amazon Italy - the only site that was sold by Amazon and would ship to Australia. 195 Euro express shipping included (no other option). Pretty satisfied with that, makes it around $200 below aus rrp of $450.

Edited by DrWeevil

A question about the UCS Imperial Shuttle: has anyone been able to get it here for <$290 including shipping - in a way that's still available?

Looking at using a mail forwarder, though the box length/cubic size seems a bit too big for shopusa (rats – would be $50usd o/wise) so may have to use shipito (~70 usd). Does anyone know if they take the boxes out of the amazon boxes and put them in smaller ones?

Anyone have any tips?

Apologies to those who may have seen this on another forum already - looking to seal the deal today so hoping for an answer today :)

Edited: Ordered from Amazon Italy - the only site that was sold by Amazon and would ship to Australia. 195 Euro express shipping included (no other option). Pretty satisfied with that, makes it around $200 below aus rrp of $450.

Hey, good hunting.

Let us know how it goes

:-)

Congrats, it sounds like a good deal to me. I went the PriceUSA route and whilst it was way better than the AUS rrp it was not this good.

Well, I wasn't planning on spending any more on Lego this year, but I just ordered the 10212 UCS Imperial Shuttle from Amazon.it too.

And because Amazon.it seems to have the cheapest price on the 8043 Motorised Excavator at the moment (EUR 130.14), I bought another one of them too.

And two 8081 Extreme Cruisers (EUR 42.23 each).

I need the treads, PF stuff, and black panels for a MOC I'm planning - I have to justify it somehow don't I? *huh*

Total cost EUR 373.21 = about AU$490, plus another 3% credit card fees. And to think that I only just paid off the credit card from last months Amazon.fr orders :cry_sad: