Siegfried

Buying LEGO from other countries on-line stores

Is is just me or has Amazon.co.uk put a stop to shipping most Lego sets overseas?

This happened in the last few hours (Sunday Afternoon)-can anyone else confirm so I know it's not just me?

Are the days of cheap sets over (again) :-) ?

Cheers

I just tested and they do ship atleast to Finland, had several Star Wars smaller sets in cart and the order would have gone through.

I can still get a few sets to go into the basket, but I click on the AmazonGlobal Eligible link on the left hand side when I am looking at sets.

Pet Shop is down to €120 on Amazon.fr. Had to get one as it was next in line on my list. Shipped to Australia it's cost $167, which is over $100 less than RRP.

First part of my Toys R Us order arrived. Sets arrived in good condition, but they were only in the standard Lego shipping carton. Took 2 weeks to arrive after delivery.

I anticipate my other sets arriving in the next few days considering they all supposedly shipped together

I recieved another order from WB Shop the other day of 2 Hogwarts Castles which arrived in a standard lego packing box. Unfortunatly it had been crushed in transit resulting one of the boxes having a nasty tear in it:

http://www.flickr.co...N07/8144366499/

I emailed to complain and they promptly replied and after some tooing and froing they offered me a further 15% off which I took since I kept this set for myself.

WB Shop has 10% off LOTR and with $20 flat shipping overseas it's looking prettty good..........

I'm not to happy with WB shop, took over 2 weeks of emails and then another 2 weeks to get a refund on sets they didn't send.

I'm not to happy with WB shop, took over 2 weeks of emails and then another 2 weeks to get a refund on sets they didn't send.

That's a shame....

I found them really good: every email I sent was responded to within 24 hrs (obviously theres a 12hr time difference) and the refund they promised me was put back on my credit card within 5 days of my initial complaint

Is there any rhyme or reason as to what sets amazon fr will ship to Australia? I find it strange I can get modulars, MMV etc but not the sopwith camel which was one I was hoping to get cheap for myself......

I've gone back over 12 pages of this topic and there is a lot of talk about people buying from Amazon.it, Amazon.fr and Amazon.co.uk (when they shipped Lego to Australia) but no real talk about Amazon.de, it there something I should know about ordering from them?

They seem to have almost identical prices to France and Italy, cheap shipping and will ship the sets I want. I've only ever dealt with Amazon UK and US (non lego products).

Hey everyone!

I've been trying to purchase two LEGO LOTR sets at Amazon.de (Mines of Moria and Orc Forge) and I have been waiting for quite a while for them to ship the sets... I placed a first order and they said they couldn't get the payment from my credit card (I triple checked with my bank, and everything was alright on their behalf).

I made a second order and the shipping estimate was november 5th. It's already the 7th and I wrote them trying to find out what is going on, and they said they were having trouble with a "new conveyor system" which leads to delays in shipping. Note that both items are listed as "In Stock".

Is anyone here having the same trouble? Is anyone buying from Amazon germany with this kind of issue?

I have never had any problems with amazon.de or any other amazon for the mater. The postage costs have skyrocketed and that online has put me off ordering from them of late.

Amazon. fr also have 15 euro off if you spend over 50 euro. Promotion ends today though.

so does that mean today would be a good day to buy some of the modulars off amazon. fr? how do you get the 15 euro off if you spend 50? I don't see anything in the translation

Ah ok, that makes sense. Still probably the best way to get the modulars too Aus. Thanks for letting me know!

Amazon.co.uk is shipping to Australia again. All Hobbit pre order sets except for Barrells are 25% off as well as all Lord of the Rings. Put in order for them last night with the Orc forge as well as a 7964 Star Wars republic frigate, which have shipped already.

Amazon.co.uk is shipping to Australia again. All Hobbit pre order sets except for Barrells are 25% off as well as all Lord of the Rings. Put in order for them last night with the Orc forge as well as a 7964 Star Wars republic frigate, which have shipped already.

Jabba's Palace was already in my cart so I tried that and it wouldn't ship to Aus. I've already got it on the way from Germany courtesy of amazon.de so no real loss, I was just curious.

edit: it appears the will ship the Desert Skiff so they're shipping some things I guess.

Edited by afolaus

I don´t know if this is the right place but I´m from Brazil and I want ask to my brother receive a lego for me in Spain to bring, so I´d like to know how long it takes to arrive to Spain, lego bought from Lego@home.

Thanks

Amazon.co.uk is shipping to Australia again...... Put in order for them last night with the Orc forge as well as a 7964 Star Wars republic frigate, which have shipped already.

And the items Arrived today so super fast shipping, and arrived in mint condition!

There is no rhyme or reason as to what a certain amazons may ship internationally. It's one of the biggest mysteries in Lego shopping. So you can't make blanket statements that amazon.xx is now posting to country xx. Infact what can be sent internationally changes! Most commonly, brand new sets at steep discounts are often excluded from international. You may be able to get international postage one day, then something changes and international is no longer available. I have only ever gotten Amazon US to send me a single licensed set for example, yet I have tried many times. Amazon.fr seem to have the most available for international. Spain and Italy have really good specials but It can but often isn't available for internationals. I am not sure if the postage rules are manually set by someone for each item or if it is decided by a computer.

I once bought a MMV on Amazon USA for $90. I said it was a good deal and my mum said I should buy one for my two cousins. I get back on an hour and a half later, it's stil in stock, but not available for international post anymore!