Siegfried

Buying LEGO from other countries on-line stores

Yeah.. I was refeering to placing orders rather than receiving them. I got another of my orders yesterday. It's placing more orders I'm having trouble with.. Oh well. Good while it lasted I spose :sweet:

Yeah.. I was refeering to placing orders rather than receiving them. I got another of my orders yesterday. It's placing more orders I'm having trouble with.. Oh well. Good while it lasted I spose :sweet:

oh okay :) Well I've never had problems with B&N orders... they do a check with large orders though - in case its someone else making the purchases - which is good of them.

I have placed an order with thehut.com. It was sent on the 28th August and still hasn't arrived. Has anyone else experienced long delivery times from thehut.com to Australia?

I have placed an order with thehut.com. It was sent on the 28th August and still hasn't arrived. Has anyone else experienced long delivery times from thehut.com to Australia?

It took about three months for me to receive my heavily discounted Queen Annes Revenge set from the hut, though a fair number of those weeks was waiting for it to 'come back into stock' - item was received in less than pristine condition but not as bad as Ang's on the last page...

I have had pretty good experience with B&N, they always seem to split up my order (most recent one is coming in 6 pieces lol). The boxes have all arrived in good condition but shipping time has been between 16 days and 24 days.

A question for the Aussies out there: I am um-ing and ah-ing about getting some sets from S@H US (VW camper, Pet Shop +/- Maersk train) whilst they still have free domestic shipping and just want to know how cheap people have able to secure parcel forwarding? I've had a bit of a look into a couple (Price USA, Carrie My Shopping) but it's hard to know how much you'll be out with the total cost?

Haven't been able to bite the bullet as I'm not convinced it'll be cheaper than bricklink in spite of their above-rrp prices...

Any thoughts?

A question for the Aussies out there: I am um-ing and ah-ing about getting some sets from S@H US (VW camper, Pet Shop +/- Maersk train) whilst they still have free domestic shipping and just want to know how cheap people have able to secure parcel forwarding? I've had a bit of a look into a couple (Price USA, Carrie My Shopping) but it's hard to know how much you'll be out with the total cost?

Haven't been able to bite the bullet as I'm not convinced it'll be cheaper than bricklink in spite of their above-rrp prices...

Any thoughts?

Try Shop USA they charge to the dollar value not the size of the package. Lego from my experience over size the box so this may well work out better, than other forwarders.

Try Shop USA they charge to the dollar value not the size of the package. Lego from my experience over size the box so this may well work out better, than other forwarders.

I can confirm that Price USA's shipping costs were calculated on size not weight and did come in a bit more expensive than I thought.

"the order weighs 17lbs but due to the dimensions it has a volumetric weight of 37lbs." Price USA

I paid 131.84 USD to ship sets 10212 and 10198 via Price USA. I have had worse quotes than this for shipping mind you and as the saying goes it pays to shop around.

There is the Price USA fee, insurance and GST on the service not goods to consider also.

Hope this helps

Thanks guys. When I took the costs into consideration with the recent drop in the USD it seemed like too much hassle for an almost negligible saving. Think I'll wait it out until they're released in store over here and hold out for a sale :)

Any suggestions on a good place to stay up to date on deals in germany? I see a thread for the UK here but nothing for germany, and shipping from the UK isn't always worth it.

Edited by S.I

I finally found out that the reason B&N wern't accepting my orders was due to my Debit plus card - Now paying thourgh paypal all is well. This is dangerous.. :blush: If only we could still get 30% off :grin:

I finally found out that the reason B&N wern't accepting my orders was due to my Debit plus card - Now paying thourgh paypal all is well. This is dangerous.. :blush: If only we could still get 30% off :grin:

I hope you used the tracking shipping method, which is 8 dollars more i think... I have ordered from B&N before and if you don't receive any items, they will refund you the money. I ordered 3 items but only got 2, they refunded me the cost of 3 items anyway, which was nice of them. :)

Hi Guys

I noticed a few posts in the Aussie sales forum about Amazon.com sales shipping to Australia and tried to purchase some sets from the US store and ... it actually worked.

When did this happen?!

I also noticed that they ship under the Amazon Export Sales, Inc label.

Is this new or have I been missing this all along?

Shipping seems to be $20 or so per set but still there are some good deals (Mindstorms, Queen Anne's revenge I'm looking at you).

Can't wait for Black Friday sales :0)

Has anyone bought Lego through Amazon.com yet?

Cheers

Inger

Has anyone bought Lego through Amazon.com yet?

I ordered 1 x Diagon Alley on the 10th and it shipped the same day. Total [price shipped including my credit card conversion fees etc made it ~$185.

The pet store and the holiday line are the ones I am really chasing so hopefully they allow those shortly.

Totally forgot about the Black Friday sales. Better start saving.

I ordered 1 x Diagon Alley on the 10th and it shipped the same day. Total [price shipped including my credit card conversion fees etc made it ~$185.

The pet store and the holiday line are the ones I am really chasing so hopefully they allow those shortly.

Yeah the Pet Shop can't ship but the Emporium is fine.

Not sure how they determine eligibility.

Death Star would be nice :0)

The Diagon Alley set checks out at $158 AUS shipped for me.

Its at 10% discount now-hard to resist. Thats $70 less than Target's special earlier in the year.

Looks like I'll be cancelling my layby!

Its good to hear they ship so fast.

Let us know how soon your order arrives (and what the box looks like):0)

Cheers

Inger

The Diagon Alley set checks out at $158 AUS shipped for me.

Its at 10% discount now-hard to resist. Thats $70 less than Target's special earlier in the year.

Looks like I'll be cancelling my layby!

Its good to hear they ship so fast.

Let us know how soon your order arrives (and what the box looks like):0)

Cheers

Inger

Order took 10 days to arrive. It was packed inside another slightly larger box with some scrunched paper to stop it moving around. The whole thing arrived in perfect condition (both the outer box and the lego box inside) other than a small knock on the corner of the Diagon Alley box that looks like it is shelf wear and didn't occur in transit. Overall I am very happy with the way its arrived.

Order took 10 days to arrive. It was packed inside another slightly larger box with some scrunched paper to stop it moving around. The whole thing arrived in perfect condition (both the outer box and the lego box inside) other than a small knock on the corner of the Diagon Alley box that looks like it is shelf wear and didn't occur in transit. Overall I am very happy with the way its arrived.

Awesome thanks for letting me know :0)

Mine shipped withing 24 hours and I can't wait.

I've also been chasing bargains at France's Amazon website.

I bought the Ninjago Fire Temple for $85 shipped (RRP over here is $179)

http://tinyurl.com/Ninjagofiretemple

Also considering the Mill Village Raid for $65 shipped

http://tinyurl.com/MillVillageRaid

They have the Death Star which ships to Australia for $475 and a whole heap of Technic sets too.

http://tinyurl.com/DeathStarFrance

http://tinyurl.com/Lego-Unimog-France

I need a bigger house!

Cheers

Just wondering if anyone knows if amazon.fr has any restrictions on lego being shipped to australia? as i have seen alot of people shop on there and while browsing around i noticed some really cheap sets i want. Just dont want to order them and then have it be rejected. Any help would be great.

Thankyou

Awesome thanks for letting me know :0)

Mine shipped withing 24 hours and I can't wait.

They have the Death Star which ships to Australia for $475 and a whole heap of Technic sets too.

http://tinyurl.com/DeathStarFrance

http://tinyurl.com/Lego-Unimog-France

I need a bigger house!

Cheers

I actually ordered the Death Star from there and they cancelled my order. Has anyone has one shipped to Australia?

Was the only set I have had issues with, I have received two of the Tower Bridge sets with no issues at all, but they are a little smaller in box size

I actually ordered the Death Star from there and they cancelled my order. Has anyone has one shipped to Australia?

Was the only set I have had issues with, I have received two of the Tower Bridge sets with no issues at all, but they are a little smaller in box size

I had mine cancelled too (my earlier order form a month ago)- think they ran out of stock overall.

I don't think it was an issue with Australia specifically otherwise they would have changed the shipping costs now they are back in stock.

I would buy one now but have no Lego funds left ...

Hoping they last a month or so.

In regards to cancellations they are pretty quick to let you know but most sets have been shipped without issue.

Big sets, small sets etc.

Sometimes it is too good to believe but they turn up!

Cheers

Inger

Edited by greenpaw

I'm curious as to how you all seem to use Amazon France so easily.. Do you all speak fluent French or is there a good translator to use? I've been trying to use Google translate, But it's not really working for me :sceptic:

Nevermind, It's the same layout as Amazon US/UK, I just need to get used to random words :tongue:

Edited by Legoman

I need a bigger house!

Cheers

After successfully ordering from amazon US I've now tried my hand at amazon.fr ordering Mill Village Raid and Winter Village Toy shop for $130 delivered.

Just wondering if anyone knows if amazon.fr has any restrictions on lego being shipped to australia? as i have seen alot of people shop on there and while browsing around i noticed some really cheap sets i want. Just dont want to order them and then have it be rejected. Any help would be great.

I bought mine in August I think and it arrived within 5 days, I think they got a small amount back in stock but may of sold out quick, it is in stock again now.

I'm curious as to how you all seem to use Amazon France so easily.. Do you all speak fluent French or is there a good translator to use? I've been trying to use Google translate, But it's not really working for me :sceptic:

Use google chrome it translates on the go.

I just placed my first order with Amazon.Fr. Will be intresting to see how this order goes :classic:

I also use Google Chrome to visit Amazon france as it translates everything for you automatically.

Good thing "Lego" is an international word and the set numbers are universal-makes things easier.