Siegfried

Buying LEGO from other countries on-line stores

cheers. handy tip.

still says the item cannot be sent to my address. im not sure how u guys are getting it to work?

What are you trying to order? I had no issues last night

What are you trying to order? I had no issues last night

i was looking at the imperial shuttle to see how much it came to with postage and the vat removed.

As promised my Unimog arrived today, yay :sweet:

The only down side was the packaging and condition of the box -

img4239m.jpg

Will email Amazon.fr and see what sort of a reply i get.

i was looking at the imperial shuttle to see how much it came to with postage and the vat removed.

What website are you attempting to buy it from?

I tried to Place my order again just in case it's random orders. Exact same order, Cancelled in minutes. Definately think it may have something to do with the sets/coupons involved.

What website are you attempting to buy it from?

I tried to Place my order again just in case it's random orders. Exact same order, Cancelled in minutes. Definately think it may have something to do with the sets/coupons involved.

Were you also ordering the Imperial Shuttle?

Had no issues ordering Technic Flat Bed Truck and Truck Crane last night, both have moved to ships soon

Could be amazon only ship technics as it's not a toy, if you read there policies says can't ship toys outside Europe. Could be they've placed technics in another internal category.

If it the Imperial shuttle, amazon.fr isn't selling it, another seller is using it as a storefront (similar to ebay)

It might be why you cannot get it shipped?

As promised my Unimog arrived today, yay :sweet:

The only down side was the packaging and condition of the box -

Will email Amazon.fr and see what sort of a reply i get.

Thanks for that pic. I don't mind a little bit of damage on the box but that was awful. Because of your experience I've just tried to cancel my order with amazon.fr, now I'll have to wait and see if the cancellation is successful or not as shipping was 'imminent'.

Thanks for that pic. I don't mind a little bit of damage on the box but that was awful. Because of your experience I've just tried to cancel my order with amazon.fr, now I'll have to wait and see if the cancellation is successful or not as shipping was 'imminent'.

Thats about the state how one of my sets came. Still, they replaced it quickly, and are happy to replace, even if it means you have to send the set back (and they reimburse you for it)

Making sure you have a good translating program for any complaints though would be a must

What did the box it came it look like?? wow 3 month wait... Where was it shipped too?

My goodness, that box is screwed! I've never had anything arrive that bad..

Intrestingly enough, B&N have now made most Lego sets void to the discounts mentioned.. Oh well. Good whike it lasted, and some really good deals :wink:

My Apple tree house and Republic Frigate finally shipped, which is nice! :classic: I was scared they would be cancelled, so it's quite a relief :wink:

Edited by Legoman

The scam with the death star is starting to recieve feedback, all negative.

Apparently the people have been recieving bug repelant wrist bands for their money. Most feedback seems to be coming from Nook reader buyers and Wii buyers.

The scam with the death star is starting to recieve feedback, all negative.

Apparently the people have been recieving bug repelant wrist bands for their money. Most feedback seems to be coming from Nook reader buyers and Wii buyers.

Can you humor me with a URL to the user's profile? :)

I won't be purchasing from Barnes and Noble again. I ordered some SW Lego and paid for express shipping due to the sets constantly getting smashed up in transit. Well they shipped 6 small sets express, and the 2 bigger ones obviously via slow shipping. The small sets had a tracking number via UPS, the others shipped by Brokers. So it looks like I paid $70 freight for multiple sets of the Ewok Attack and the Geonosian Starfighter, whist my Darth Maul ship and Frigate arrive by slow boat!

As soon as a shipping note came through I queried it, and they said I would receive all my sets by the 16th of August. The UPS one came quick but still nothing on the other. Multiple emails have been sent, with them saying just wait, and the latest was customs were delaying my package. Yet today, a Podracers set arrives, shipped by the cheapest standard method, and shipped 5 days after my last one was sent. Incredibly frustrating. Never, ever again.

Onto Amazon.fr, my technic sets arrived yesterday with the box condition similar to u98925's pic. The sets inside weren't too bad, but its still bitterly disappointing that on larger orders they don't secure the boxes as well as they should. Had the same from Amazon.uk, so I am now debating whether or not to bother ordering from any of those stores anymore.

Onto Amazon.fr, my technic sets arrived yesterday with the box condition similar to u98925's pic. The sets inside weren't too bad, but its still bitterly disappointing that on larger orders they don't secure the boxes as well as they should. Had the same from Amazon.uk, so I am now debating whether or not to bother ordering from any of those stores anymore.

I've ordered once from Amazon.co.uk, and once from Amazon.fr. Both times the box was fairly large (flagship Technic sets), and I had ordered with the express shipping option, and both times the order arrived within a few days, although the outer box was a bit squashed. I can imagine that if the box had gone through 'standard' shipping, the box might have been really squashed by the time it got to me. My Lego did arrive in good condition from Amazon in both cases, but I did get the feeling that I had been lucky.

On another note:

I'm heading over to the US later this month, so decided to order some Power Function items and get them delivered to a friend over there. All the PF stuff that I ordered on the US Lego site was discounted by 15% during the checkout process, although there was no mention of this on the website at all before checking out. It means that I ordered a 8878 Rechargeable Battery Box for US$42.50 rather than the Australian RRP of $99.99, and 8882 XL Motors for US$8.49 each rather than AU$20.99, etc. As these are fairly small items (although I'm sure they will come in a huge box), I'll be able to put them in my luggage no problem. If anyone needs PF parts and is going to the US, it is definitely cheaper to get them there.

I'm also hoping to go to the Lego Shop while in NYC, and am hoping the 10220 Volkswagen T1 Camper Van is available by then too. :drool:

tn_10220_side001_jpg.jpg

Anyone had any luck with B&N recently? They don't seem to let any orders through for me for the last ~weekish.

Anyone had any luck with B&N recently? They don't seem to let any orders through for me for the last ~weekish.

Are you using coupons or are they just refusing to ship internationally?

Last week I took delivery of a set I'd ordered three weeks or so previously. I also placed an order and BN tells me its on its way.

(By the way - standard shipping in each case, and the set that has been delivered turned up in perfect condition.)

I tried using the Kid's Club 30% off coupon, to no avail. It seems this won't work for Lego purchases at all.

I've ordered once from Amazon.co.uk, and once from Amazon.fr. Both times the box was fairly large (flagship Technic sets), and I had ordered with the express shipping option, and both times the order arrived within a few days, although the outer box was a bit squashed. I can imagine that if the box had gone through 'standard' shipping, the box might have been really squashed by the time it got to me. My Lego did arrive in good condition from Amazon in both cases, but I did get the feeling that I had been lucky.

On another note:

I'm heading over to the US later this month, so decided to order some Power Function items and get them delivered to a friend over there. All the PF stuff that I ordered on the US Lego site was discounted by 15% during the checkout process, although there was no mention of this on the website at all before checking out. It means that I ordered a 8878 Rechargeable Battery Box for US$42.50 rather than the Australian RRP of $99.99, and 8882 XL Motors for US$8.49 each rather than AU$20.99, etc. As these are fairly small items (although I'm sure they will come in a huge box), I'll be able to put them in my luggage no problem. If anyone needs PF parts and is going to the US, it is definitely cheaper to get them there.

I'm also hoping to go to the Lego Shop while in NYC, and am hoping the 10220 Volkswagen T1 Camper Van is available by then too. :drool:

tn_10220_side001_jpg.jpg

I purchased some of the pf stuff. I thought the same,that they would come in boxes but they were just in little clear plastic bags.

That was a refeif.

I purchased some of the pf stuff. I thought the same,that they would come in boxes but they were just in little clear plastic bags.

Yeah, the PF stuff usually just come in the same type of clear plastic bag that they come in when they are part of a Lego set, but I also ordered a few little 'impulse buy' sets, so my order will probably all come together in a box. UPDATE: I just got an email from my friend in the US that said my Lego had arrived, but he didn't mention if it was in a box or just a padded bag.

Also looks like Lego are getting free shipping for order over $75. Lets get real LEGO give us free shipping in AUS.

Yes, free shipping at the moment (until 18th Sep) for orders over US$75 on the US Lego S@H site for delivery to a US address (link). This replaced the Alien Conquest Jetpack that they were giving away last month. I think the last time Lego S@H offered free shipping to Australia was during the 'May the fourth' promotion for orders over AU$90, but free shipping to Australia is usually fairly rare from what I have seen.

I got my items from B&N . Ordered on the 31 August and was delivered on the 5th via DHL Express (to Sydney) ... totally worth it. Came in mint condition. Unlike the previous sets i ordered from B&N via priority mail, came slightly squashed and compressed on the sides.