Sign in to follow this  
Blake Baer

Lexington

Hello all! This is one of my older creations, and I was not planning on posting it until a very kind fan posted this creation here. Naturally I had to officially post a thread. This is the first of the Tribute to America series and you can find others in my flickr stream.

4424902049_17711e45ed.jpg

Lexington 1 by Blake's Baericks, on Flickr

4424904281_5327256215.jpg

Lexington 8 by Blake's Baericks, on Flickr

4425671674_a75c3392ae.jpg

Lexington 29 by Blake's Baericks, on Flickr

Please leave any criticisms/comments/suggestions/overall praise below because it helps make me better! Thank you all.

Also quick question to any much more knowledgeable Eurobrickers than I. Is posting old MOCs allowed or encouraged because I may have some more I would like to add.

Thanks

Fantastic piece, I took the "Official Thread" part out of your title since I did away with our News Scout's one. Glad to see your a member here.

Old MOC's and New MOC's all always welcome. Especially if you have never posted it before!!

Look for it on our blog tomorrow

[bloggedcp][/bloggedcp]

(shouldn't this be in the historical forum?) :pir-hmpf_bad:

Otherwise, really neat. One detail that is great, is how you portray how each side fought. The British in their neat little rows, and the Americans, "Indian style" using the natural cover around them.

Also, the little church is really adorable.

:thumbup:

(shouldn't this be in the historical forum?) :pir-hmpf_bad:

I found this on Flickr and even if this is not 100% piraty, I feel this is too nice not to post here, after all we have seen a number of fantastic Nepoleonic Moc's over the last few weeks (which have nothing to do with pirates other than the use of minifigs) so this is "War of Independence" Moc should be just as welcome.

(after all it includes Red Coats and 17th centry architecture )

I hope you all approve

It's a nice MOC. Full of action and with some nice buildings.

You could perhaps improve it a little by making the grass or buildings more interesting. Maybe add some elevation, some tussocks of grass, etc.

Good luck on future MOCs, I'm looking forward to see more of your creations.