alex54

Pic Review: 6559 Deep Sea Bounty

index2.jpg

So, after asking the approbation of Hobbes, here it is my first review!

Name: Deep sea bounty

Ref: 6559

Theme: Divers

Year: 1997

Pieces: 344

Minifigs: 5

Price: about 30� I think (but not sure, and about 40$)

ensemble.jpg

This is a general picture of the set. It contains a good diversity of pieces, without some <insert that tiresome argument> ones, except from the rocks will say some of you.

animaux.jpg

We have a traditional shark in old dark grey, an old light grey with a new head o make it a saw shark, a manta ray *wub* , an octopus and 3 tile with red and blue pattern. I don�t take the parrot, because it doesn�t know how to swim! :-D

minifigs.jpg

The 5 minifigs, with two divers (are they clones?, Maybe, just an DNA can bring the true�), a submarine driver and two other minifigs (not clones but twin brothers, because they wear different T-shirts!). You can see their submarine accessories. One good point it is that the two divers have also a cap when they are not in the water!

bateauxensemble.jpg

Here all the marine engines: a catamaran, a zodiac and a small submarine.

zodiac.jpg

The zodiac with two oars when the engine is out of order.

sousmarin.jpg

The mini submarine, with a camera and a snapshot, and 3 propellors with one with a blade. It is small but so sweat IMO!

bateau1.jpg

bateau2.jpg

bateau3.jpg

This is the biggest boat of the set. This catamaran has all the accessories that a submarine exploration needs, like tools, snapshot, a buoy,� With the crane ( I don�t know if it is the correct word), you can put in the water the submarine and the cage or put them at the centre of the grille plate. A computer helps to sail and a X-ray to see what the underwater world hide�

xray.gif

Now you know� ;-)

carte.jpg

The card is a bit different of the real submarine site, but I�m sure that after the exploration, the minifigs will update it!

cage.jpg

The cage is useful but not with all the saw shark! Warning! X-D

fondensemble.jpg

And now, the submarine site, with all the elements. We can see an anchor, a rest of a pirate ship maybe, and some trans-green flames for alga�You can put the animals on the top of the seaweeds to have a submarine feeling, as if they swim.

fondensemblederriere.jpg

There is a treasure hidden behind the rock: goblets, coins, and knifes, and some pirate sword cutlass.

There is a second container treasure in the head of the whale�

piege.jpg

But there is a danger! You can be wedge in it, just for a cranium! So stupid! :-|

piegemecanisme.jpg

This is the mechanism of the system, really simple, but cool (the treasure jams the grey pieces that jam the head of the whale).

Finally, there are a lot of accessories and different elements like boats that gives it a good look and playability. Some more animals like shell, crab and sea star would bring more life�

The colour scheme is very good, with some realistic ones.

So I can say that it is really good Divers set! *y*

Just let me know what you think about this review�(I realise that it is a pleasant work, but it needs some times, so thanks to all the Eurobrickers that review)

And now, just wait the 6560 review from Hobbes�

Yeay Tks Alex !!

You should have started a whole new topic with your review ;-)

And for the records, you do not need any approbation to post a review :-| Especially one from such a splendid set ;-)

*yoda*

This review deserves its own topic, so I used my new powers :-)

And for the records, you do not need any approbation to post a review :-| Especially one from such a splendid set ;-)

He just asked because you asked me to review it and I agreed. He didn't want "to take it away from me". He was just being considerate ;-)

As for the review:

I know the set already and know what treasures it hides, but the review itself was very nicely done, including the pics. Good work *y*

Ah, so this review was originally part of the Divers thread, and I'm not going crazy *wacko*

:-P

Ah, so this review was originally part of the Divers thread, and I'm not going crazy *wacko*

:-P

Looool not yet mate :-D

After seeing the new SW MF and gun you just might :-P

*yoda*

Woah, one great review for a great looking set. I really want this. Looks brilliant. Thanks for enlightening me.

Only 344 pieces?

It might just be the excellent photography, but the set looks so much fuller.

Woah, one great review for a great looking set. I really want this.

Hell, I want TWO. :-D

There's some single parts in there I would love duplicates of.

A very good review of a very good set!

I always wanted this but I was young and had to rely on my parents when it came down to big sets. Missed this one, unfortunately...

Yes, a very good set and a very good review too with excellent pictures. Maybe a medium size set, but a large size playability! It

Thanks for your comments :-$

Like I said in the divers topic, this set is the best compromise between a good look, good pieces and animals, and the price in the divers line: 6558 was too small for me and 6560 too expensive when they where on sell.

It is just below the 6560 and the 6441 deep reef refuge for the size.

wow... nice review. i have to say your review has swayed me from my initial hatred over this line. for such a small price tag it has a lot of play value. i could see this set as a way of introducing my kid to marine live and maybe have a small treasure hunting adventure. i guess my ignorance was mostly from the poor box design. the box art probably put me off, but the actually set is very nice indeed especially for its price range.