Sign in to follow this  
Hinckley

Baritones 3: Day Three

I don't see the logic in voting for Ruxana at this point. If she's telling the truth and Donil targeted Yuri, a fact he hasn't denied apparently, there's a strong chance that he's scum. Ruxana has very little reason to lie about that since it's been made clear that it would cost her life tomorrow, and she's stuck to her story. How is that not enough reason to vote for Donil?

Whatever the case, the voting makes it clear that the scum still has enough influence to force another split and push us into full moon again. Perhaps they understand what this does specifically, but even without such knowledge, I know it's something we don't want again, so I'd seriously suggest that we make up our minds and at least put all of our votes on one person. At this point, I think that will probably end up being the wrong person, which annoys me considerably, but there doesn't seem to be any way to talk reason into your heads. Even Ivan has had a hard time with it, so who am I to do any better? :hmpf:

Bottom line, you die if you don't vote, so vote for someone. A conviction would be better than not, since god has chosen to force us not only to vote but convict for fear of varying degrees of punishment. I still think it makes more sense to vote based on someone presenting a claim that they've continued to support and that hasn't been disproved in any way, but that's up to you, just don't die out of stupidity, that can only help the scum who won't be stupid enough not to vote.

And there's good reasons to be keen on killing Donil, he's one of our main suspects. :hmpf:

No kidding, it's why I placed my vote. Weird that it triggered a hellstorm against me and people used it as an excuse to split the vote. AGAIN.

And I wasn't not keen on killing him anyway, in the post you're quoting from, I advocated voting for Stanislav. Which I'm now not going to do, because apparently some information has slipped up. :ugh:

And even you advocated voting for me.

This is a perfect example of what I've been saying all day. A perfect example. At the very least, I'm glad to see that you've somewhat regained your senses, it's only a shame that certain information had to be given out to cause it.

I still think it makes more sense to vote based on someone presenting a claim that they've continued to support and that hasn't been disproved in any way, but that's up to you, just don't die out of stupidity, that can only help the scum who won't be stupid enough not to vote.

I concur with this, and from what I've seen so far today, I think the evidence against Donil is far more compelling than the suspicions surrounding Ruxana. I'm not going to vote for someone just because they have the most currently, I'm going to vote for who I think is most suspicious at this point. Hopefully by the end of the day a majority of you will agree with me.

Vote: Donil (Waterbrick Down)

I'm not going to vote for someone just because they have the most currently, I'm going to vote for who I think is most suspicious at this point.

I'm not voting for Ruxana just because others did, like I said she seems the most suspicious to me, for reasons already stated more than once. I see where you're coming from with Donil, but he's been a good ally of mine from Day 1. I realize he could've been deceiving me and others all along, but I just can't see that being true.

vote tally

Donil (Waterbrick Down): 6 votes (Shadows, Roncanator, Pandora, CallMePieOrDie, KartoffelViking, Dragonator)

Stanislav (Shadows): 2 votes (Waterbrick Down, Zepher)

Ruxana (Roncanator): 6 votes (Sandy, [def], CorneliusMurdock, Peanuts, Captain Tamamono, JimButcher)

Boris (Brickdoctor): 1 vote (Bob the Construction Man)

*votes appearing in Rouge are locked in.

Ruxana has very little reason to lie about that since it's been made clear that it would cost her life tomorrow, and she's stuck to her story. How is that not enough reason to vote for Donil?

I agree with this statement. But my Gut Feelingâ„¢ says Ruxana is scum, and I do think that going into the Night phase not knowing which is scum, I'd rather have the blockable one alive. (Ruxana is the supposedly unblockable tracker/follower, right?) So I'll Vote: Ruxana (Roncanator).

For the time being, I will unvote: Stanislav (Shadows). I have to reread everything, but for now someone has told me that I have voted too swiftly.

Everybody friggin' vote. And Petr, if you want to find out what THIS penalty is, by all means, feel free to tempt God by not voting. :hmpf:

I'm sorry, what!? What is this in reference to...

Nice catch Irene. Clearly the day is 72 hours so no one is cut off when a conviction is reached and they are killed for not voting. I will take a bit more time to think, but within the next hour or so I will vote. The vote seem beautifully split currently. :hmpf_bad: Barbara, I got to ask you what the hell you're doing with that vote of your's.

Well, just so as not to split it, I'm going to Vote: Ruxana (Roncanator).

Whatever the case, the voting makes it clear that the scum still has enough influence to force another split and push us into full moon again. Perhaps they understand what this does specifically, but even without such knowledge, I know it's something we don't want again, so I'd seriously suggest that we make up our minds and at least put all of our votes on one person. At this point, I think that will probably end up being the wrong person, which annoys me considerably, but there doesn't seem to be any way to talk reason into your heads. Even Ivan has had a hard time with it, so who am I to do any better? :hmpf:

Now Ruxana has more votes than Donil, so shouldn't you be a man of your words and vote her?

At least in Ruxana's case, I know I wasn't lead on by anyone to vote for her. In Donil's case, it was Ruxana who pointed the finger, and that makes me very uneasy. The passive defense that Ruxana is getting makes me think we're on the right track, but of course nothing is certain in this game of life.

Now Ruxana has more votes than Donil, so shouldn't you be a man of your words and vote her?

I still think it makes more sense to vote Donil today. If it comes down to the point where my vote makes the difference, I'll do it, and I'll probably get attacked for it later, and I won't be happy about it unless some miracle makes it right, but yes, I will do it. I'd much rather see a rally of sense and logic prevail and the vote go for Donil, though, so I'm not changing yet. If that makes me a target for suspicion, so be it, but I have to at least give this vote a chance, it's the most logical one.

At least in Ruxana's case, I know I wasn't lead on by anyone to vote for her. In Donil's case, it was Ruxana who pointed the finger, and that makes me very uneasy. The passive defense that Ruxana is getting makes me think we're on the right track, but of course nothing is certain in this game of life.

The problem I see is that Donil's defense comes from sources that admit they don't really know, so it's no defense at all. Ruxana's accusations come with the understanding that she's dead tomorrow if lying. That's a lot stronger position. If she's scum, all she's gained is one town kill and then she's dead and to put it in a less-than-delicate way, we can take a loss easier than the scum, we still have to vastly outnumber them. So if the truth is that it's all been a deception, she can't stop us from killing her tomorrow, and anyone who wouldn't vote for her then would have to be an idiot or practically admitting to being scum.

It's the continuation of this conversation that still leaves me doubting so many of you. One way or the other, the results of this vote and tonight's actions should clear up a lot of that.

The problem I see is that Donil's defense comes from sources that admit they don't really know, so it's no defense at all. Ruxana's accusations come with the understanding that she's dead tomorrow if lying. That's a lot stronger position. If she's scum, all she's gained is one town kill and then she's dead and to put it in a less-than-delicate way, we can take a loss easier than the scum, we still have to vastly outnumber them. So if the truth is that it's all been a deception, she can't stop us from killing her tomorrow, and anyone who wouldn't vote for her then would have to be an idiot or practically admitting to being scum.

That's the whole point I've been trying to get across: they must both be scum or at least neutral, and Ruxana knows it, otherwise she wouldn't make such a bold accusation. But to me, it doesn't matter if Donil is the one getting voted off today, as long as we don't let Ruxana off the hook if he turns out to be scum.

The reason I placed my vote where I did was simple. Ruxxy has got more locked it votes. I, Petr, make a third locked in vote. I can not change it if I wanted to.

But to me, it doesn't matter if Donil is the one getting voted off today, as long as we don't let Ruxana off the hook if he turns out to be scum.

So you would rather have a town dead, then kill the scum? Im aware that if I'm wrong, I will be killed tomorrow, and I think that's fair. If it was anyone else presenting this information I would be jumping at the opportunity to find scum even if I didn't trust them that much knowing full well if they were wrong I would be pointing fingers at the accusers. But theres no changing your mind now...

If it was anyone else presenting this information I would be jumping at the opportunity to find scum even if I didn't trust them that much knowing full well if they were wrong I would be pointing fingers at the accusers.

Trust me, if it was anyone else, I'd be taking the chance too. But it was you, the person Yuri was most suspicious about.

Great! Thanks to whoever poisoned him, clearly nabbed the "Godfather". However, I still don't understand how you guys derive the 2 mafia families out there. It's still possible, but all this while, isn't we suppose to nail down those Russian mobsters?

There are so many updates lately and the votes seem to be divided all over the place. I will re-read them again, hoping to get some leads.

Trust me, if it was anyone else, I'd be taking the chance too. But it was you, the person Yuri was most suspicious about.

I just reviewed the events of day 2 and that seems to be incorrect.

The only comment Yuri made about Ruxana in the entire day was as follows:

It was just a suspicion I had and shared with petr because I wanted to hear his opinion. I didn't have any solid evidence to back up my story and ruxana proved to me via pm that my theory was untrue. So thats all there is to know.

It was Petr that kept promoting Ruxana as a suspect. It was quite effective as it seemed to derail Petr's conviction also. Coincidence or not, that's what you learn by actually reading the whole transcript of the day as opposed to listening to what people say about it later.

I stand by my vote without hesitation now.

Irene, you are our hero today! :sweet: Without your sharp observation skills quite a few undecisive townies might have died tonight. Perhaps a few scum too, but we can't assume that they wouldn't have figured this out by themselves.

I don't think your two conditions can ever be met. For one we think our investigator may be dead. For the second we're pretty sure our blocker is dead. If he's the killer, we have no way to stop him besides voting him off. And even if we could, how in the world are we supposed to prove his innocence?

That's precisely what worries me. I understand that there is a chance Donil is innocent, and just happened to target Yuri just as someone else killed him. However, Donil's answer is that he can prove his innocence, and that he his plan involves Ruxana. I don't think there is a way to prove his innocence, even assuming that Ruxana is trustworthy.

Now for the other options. Ruxana did come up with his night action result accusing Donil, when she didn't have to. I think that for a scum it's too risky a move, after all her claim can be disproven quite easily by voting off Donil. For that reason alone, for now I'm inclined to believe Ruxana is a townie.

The fingers pointed at Stanislav came out of nowhere, and disappeared just as quickly. I'm not sure what this means, and whether he has been conclusively been cleared of suspicion. I simply don't have enough information to cast a vote in this direction.

Barbara's accusation of Boris has an interesting angle, considering god's liking of cryptic clues, but I'm not sure if she has motives to focus on Boris among the three 'suspects'. Also, while she could be right, she may also be wrong and the image wasn't intended as a clue. In any case, this is something to keep in mind and come back to when the current situation is resolved.

Given the information currently available, I will:

vote: Donil (Waterbrick Down)

I fall asleep for a little while (ok, I slept most of the afternoon here :blush: ) and oh my... so much catching up today. I really hope I don't have to explain why God made me raise my arms upon seeing a dead man lying in the street... I've been a faithful follower of my beloved God long enough to know that he wouldn't give anything away through pictures and definitely holds his followers in higher regard than that.

After going through all you've said, it still comes down to either Ruxana or Donil today. We chose between an unblockable tracker and a weak tracker. As far as I can see, Ruxana has no reason at all to come forward so bluntly with her accusation today if she'd be lying, because - as Stanislav indicates - her head will be on the chopping block next. A weak tracker is not such a powerful role at all for the town, because a weak tracker (which Donil claims) only learns whether their targets go out at night or not. It can be very useful for the scum though, because anyone with a night action that is not one of them, is a very suitable target for a night kill, because it's either a townie or perhaps someone from a rival family. So, it could be that Donil was simply (scum)tracking Yuri, or he might use this tracker role as a cover for him actually killing Yuri (it could be either the results of one of his scum mates, but he also got told Yuri had a night action before making his claim).

Based on this I will have to:

vote tally

Donil (Waterbrick Down): 8 votes (Shadows, Roncanator, Pandora, CallMePieOrDie, KartoffelViking, Dragonator, Fugazi, Rick)

Stanislav (Shadows): 1 votes (Waterbrick Down)

Ruxana (Roncanator): 8 votes (Sandy, [def], CorneliusMurdock, Peanuts, Captain Tamamono, JimButcher, Brickdoctor, Zepher)

Boris (Brickdoctor): 1 vote (Bob the Construction Man)

*votes appearing in Rouge are locked in.

I just reviewed the events of day 2 and that seems to be incorrect.

I was talking about my private conversations with Yuri. :hmpf: He was also in contact with Ruxana privately, like I told all of you earlier.

I'm not following Petr's lead or anything, I don't think he's in the right state of mind to make any smart strategic moves. I'm making my own decisions.

I was talking about my private conversations with Yuri. :hmpf: He was also in contact with Ruxana privately, like I told all of you earlier.

So between his declaration that everything was straightened out with Ruxana and his death that night, he completely reversed himself again? I know you weren't talking after his death, naturally, so that can be the only explanation. I wonder what could have changed the situation so quickly at the end of the day and before any new information could be learned.

Nope, sorry, not buying it. I know you want Ruxana dead more than Donil, you've made that very clear, but there's no logic to it whatsoever when even Ruxana agrees that she should die tomorrow if she's wrong.

As for Petr's state of mind, he's agreeing with you. Enough said.

Looks like them votes are tied again. I'm going to go with my original decision and vote for the one so adamantly accused today.

I have my unvote ready and waiting however, and shall return tomorrow to check back in and change my vote if need be. Tomorrow being the time after I've got some more painting done, that is. It will still be today, Day 3. Anyway. Off to paint some more. :grin:

Stanislav, you're pushing it a bit too far, in my opinion. It's beginning to sound as if you're defending Ruxana instead of accusing Donil.

Like I said, I do not care if it's Donil we lynch today, as long as it doesn't mean we automatically start thinking Ruxana is a Townie if Donil turns out to be scum. There will be an interesting night ahead of us indeed.

I don't like that the Town is split in half with the votes, either, but I cannot make decisions for other people, I can only go with what I believe is right.

Stanislav, you're pushing it a bit too far, in my opinion. It's beginning to sound as if you're defending Ruxana instead of accusing Donil.

Let me be clear then, I don't want a misunderstanding.

Whichever one is lynched today, assuming that happens (AND IT NEEDS TO HAPPEN), I want the other one investigated, watched, and generally harassed the hell out of until we know their alignment. I do not, in any way, think that the alignment of one guarantees the alignment of the other. For all I know, they could be working together, or even more likely, part of two different groups working against each other.

Make no mistake, there is little doubt in my mind that at least one of them is scum, I just think the more immediate threat is Donil. That doesn't mean Ruxana isn't a threat as well. It doesn't mean I'm right about anything, sadly, but I certainly hope I am.

There will be an interesting night ahead of us indeed.

Let's hope it's the night that all of this becomes a lot clearer. If not, I foresee a lot more days of petty squabbling while the scum laugh and watch. :sceptic:

I don't like that the Town is split in half with the votes, either, but I cannot make decisions for other people, I can only go with what I believe is right.

Same here. It's good that we can agree on something. :sweet:

I am sure we can get a lynch So far, Donil only needs three more votes, Ruxana needs four. There's still four people left to vote, and scum or town or third party, none of them will want to be mod-killed. I myself will change my vote, if we wouldn't reach a conviction, and I think others will do as well. But once again, Barbara has yet to unvote Boris, although she has had time to do so. She must have realized that we certainly will not convict her husband, so why doesn't she change her vote for one of the two favourites?

Make no mistake, there is little doubt in my mind that at least one of them is scum, I just think the more immediate threat is Donil. That doesn't mean Ruxana isn't a threat as well. It doesn't mean I'm right about anything, sadly, but I certainly hope I am.

Honestly, I think the more immediate thread is Ruxana. If they are both scum and in the same team, Donil won't have an important action or ability, otherwise they wouldn't do all this.

If they are both scum in different teams, Ruxana has the more important action though. We know she has an action, at least. If Donil killed Yuri, he is the hitman, and if we convict him, there will be a new hitman.

Hey, what's got two thumbs and just woke up in an alcoholic stupor?

Denis points his thumbs to his chest

This guy!

While I'm conscious, I just wanted to echo what some have said about reaching a consensus on a lynch. At the very least, the people voting for Stanislavsky and <brickdoctor's character> should make a decision on either Donil or Ruxana. I'm sure we'll have a lot more concrete knowledge tomorrow :sweet: